Voice Attack profile anyone?

GazAce

Hey awesome people!

Just wondering if anyone has a Voice Attack profile for an A-10C they would like to share? Would be much appreciated, in exchange will run errands and wash car.

smile.gif

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

I think you might want to check out Viacom Pro for Voice Attack. Check out the website and YouTube videos and see if that’s what you’re looking for.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

I think you might want to check out Viacom Pro for Voice Attack. Check out the website and YouTube videos and see if that’s what you’re looking for.

Thanks Free. I have both VA and VP installed and just started setting up Voice Attack now following the frooglesim guide on YT but I thought if someone had a profile they could send over would save a lot of time. Although I’m starting to realise now that would be way more difficult than it sounds.

I’ll just keep on with frooglesims YT vid, it’s actually very good.

Cheers G

:thumbup:

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

I have VA, and I use it for the Hornet (although, you have to define a crapton of keyboard definitions first).

Sadly, I haven't got around to flying the A10... so I don't have a VA profile for that one ... yet...

When I get to that aircraft, I'll be making one, but that doesn't help you right now -- sorry... :(

Regards,

I have VA, and I use it for the Hornet (although, you have to define a crapton of keyboard definitions first).

Sadly, I haven't got around to flying the A10... so I don't have a VA profile for that one ... yet...

When I get to that aircraft, I'll be making one, but that doesn't help you right now -- sorry... :(

Regards,

Hey thanks Four brother,

Listen I just found something awesome on YT and I fly the beautiful Hornet too but now wanting to learn Ka50. I just stumbled across Hollywood_315 vid on Viacom Pro 2.5 install and run with VA and the awesome thing is, all DCS commands are already preloaded for you which is crazy good and if you have the Pro vers for 9 € you get radio chatter extras as well.

This is the link if anyone is interested :thumbup:

Hey thanks Four brother,

Listen I just found something awesome on YT and I fly the beautiful Hornet too but now wanting to learn Ka50. I just stumbled across Hollywood_315 vid on Viacom Pro 2.5 install and run with VA and the awesome thing is, all DCS commands are already preloaded for you which is crazy good and if you have the Pro vers for 9 € you get radio chatter extras as well.

This is the link if anyone is interested :thumbup:

Vaicom 2.0 is the only way to do voice control in DCS, everything else pales by comparison to what you get out of the box, even experienced VA folks would benefit from using it as a starting point.

Hollywood is a top notch fellow as well and supports his product very closely, he's helped me personally with many an issue and certainly listens to his customers on ways to improve.

I bitched about 'muh immersion' for the link to radio power for chatter, days later there was a setting in Vaicom for exactly that.

Cannot sing its praises enough, Vaicom Pro all the way.

Have you tried downloading Operation Bactria for the A-10C and running that with VA? it's fantastic, the level of JTAC interaction, theme and setting of the mission all come together brilliantly to make a marvellous experience.

Edited by Sadist_Cain
Fat fingering

Vaicom 2.0 is the only way to do voice control in DCS, everything else pales by comparison to what you get out of the box, even experienced VA folks would benefit from using it as a starting point.

Hollywood is a top notch fellow as well and supports his product very closely, he's helped me personally with many an issue and certainly listens to his customers on ways to improve.

I bitched about 'muh immersion' for the link to radio power for chatter, days later there was a setting in Vaicom for exactly that.

Cannot sing its praises enough, Vaicom Pro all the way.

Have you tried downloading Operation Bactria for the A-10C and running that with VA? it's fantastic, the level of JTAC interaction, theme and setting of the mission all come together brilliantly to make a marvellous experience.

Hey thanks kindly for your input Sadist_Cain. I am slowly putting together my Viacom plug-in and the Radio Chatter as well and thanks for that Operation Bactria tip, my appreciated brother.

thumbup.gif

~S

+1

VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack is the best way to do voice control in DCS...:thumbup:

Thanks Bobby, appreciate that mate.

smile.gif

@GazAce....not being sarcastic but YOUR voice (AU accent) may not register with anyone else's profile. Before building mine I tried the profile of a German (English speaking) and got nowhere. Mine still has problems recognizing 'Request' [startup, Taxi, Takeoff].

Mine now has 'Gear Up/Down', 'MasterArm Safe/Hot', Laser, TGP and several other commands for the A-10. PM me if you want to try it; you could dial it in as you learn the program.

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

@GazAce....not being sarcastic but YOUR voice (AU accent) may not register with anyone else's profile. Before building mine I tried the profile of a German (English speaking) and got nowhere. Mine still has problems recognizing 'Request' [startup, Taxi, Takeoff].

Mine now has 'Gear Up/Down', 'MasterArm Safe/Hot', Laser, TGP and several other commands for the A-10. PM me if you want to try it; you could dial it in as you learn the program.

the accent of whoever set up the profile shouldn't have any bearing on the quality of the voice recognition.

*sometimes* phonetic spelling may be used on tricky words but the overwhelmingly vast majority of terms are just text that's read by the computer, it's up to your own voice recognition profile in windows and how well you've trained it which determines how well the voice will be recognised.

Ultimately it doesn't matter if the person typed "Engage" is german, southern drawl or welsh it's your own windows profile that decides how to listen for it.

There's the standard Voice recognition training built into windows, "The computer is learning the sound of my voice as I speak" etc. etc. this builds up a general profile for the way you speak to establish a good baseline. There is a massive difference between using a trained and untrained profile, untrained is practically unusable for most.

There is also a training mode built into vaicom, it is detailed better in the manual and the instructional video but the jist is that it will turn on windows voice recognition software itself (normally used for dictation and the like) and it will then highlight each word in the Vaicom dictionary and listen for how you say it, then move on to the next one until you have built up a dictionary of each specific term, to further enhance the accuracy.