The sierra hotel carrier break. Aggressive TOP GUN trap

Great effort. Obviously we have a lot of purists in this community so you won't be shortchanged with feedback. I'm glad you're taking them constructively, that's the right attitude :)

At least you're putting a lot of effort in actually flying the plane and clocking some hours of mastering handling rather than say "this and that doesn't work" when they've obviously need to just put in the time to get better. Which you are doing. so Kudos mate!

I completely agree. I may have poked fun at you, but it wasn't for your flying. You're pushing the edges and you deserve credit for that. I bet with a few more passes, you'll nail those Top Gun approaches.

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann

I completely agree. I may have poked fun at you, but it wasn't for your flying. You're pushing the edges and you deserve credit for that. I bet with a few more passes, you'll nail those Top Gun approaches.

haha thanks man, no worries I know its all in good fun. and ya I hope so, its always getting easier and easier. and for the record, I changed the ships out haha.

giphy.gif

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP OMEN 880-130 - Windows 10/Intel Core i7-8700K/2TB HDD/ 1TB SSD/32GB DDR4 RAM/GTX 1080 Ti

Can you guess what is missing with this landing?

No flaps, going to watch it again because I think without using flaps you probably have the wrong AoA.

After rewatching, you flared which isn't the normal way to land the F-18, it did give you I think about 12.0+ for AoA, you probably landed a bit fast. I know from my practice runs, with only sidewinders on the wingtips and about 2000lbs fuel, my on speed is around 128-134 area.

Needless to say, good job to everyone. I enjoy the videos and as long as people are enjoying the sim it all good :) Also if it wasn't for people trying new things, there wouldn't even be a case I recovery, a SH carrier landing, a carrier or an airplane for that matter, so push those boundaries. At least in a sim you can't die seeing if something will work.

Edited by Kazius

Funny :) : I've found out through Carrier Landing Practises in my various sims, that this approach is the fastest method to get on deck quickly - without knowing anything like the creator of this post.

And it makes most fun!

But you've to be very careful with your endspeed. Because the Hornet is capable of bleeding energy very fast - and during lots of attempts to trap like this, I crashed into the aft - just my two cents of experience.

Big thanks to the maker of this post.

• ED Team
sorry about that boss. thats deff my bad.

any chance you can put it as "the sierra hotel carrier break" ?

done :)

and no problem :thumbup:

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

my latest version of it

nevermind my wingman talking over the TS ;)

I'm jealous! All of my attempts so far ended up with me bouncing off of the deck or as a burnt ketchup stain on the back of the carrier. My practice needs more practice.

That,however, looked bloody gorgeous!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Windows 11 | ASUS B650E-F STRIX | AMD 7800X3D | G.Skill 64Gb DDR5 6200 30-36-36-48 w/ tuned secondary/tertiary | RTX 4090 undervolted curve | MSI MPG A1000G PSU | VKB MCG Gunfighter Ultimate + Rudder Pedals + WH Throttle |  HP Reverb G2

I'm jealous! All of my attempts so far ended up with me bouncing off of the deck or as a burnt ketchup stain on the back of the carrier. My practice needs more practice.

That,however, looked bloody gorgeous!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

You just need to get your head out of your fourth point of contact! :D:thumbup:

Hell, I bounce off more than I land, and that's with VR (infinitely easier with spatial awareness). My practice needs practice as well! LOL

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1