LHA Amphibious Assault Package

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another quick note for the developers. When close to shore the essex will engage enemy vehicles with its Close In Defense system before the gun batteries engage. Fun to watch it spray ground targets with 20mm at 4km but doubtful if realistic. FYI. Also top speed wont go over 13knots. Should be at least 24

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

• 1 month later...

To be honest I haven't tested since those updates. I would hope that ED would help fix it. Its only an asset to have in game. I don't think that DCS will ever truly be a complete game. They are forever updating this game to the point where pilots are forced to update their systems or be left behind.

I will hold off till ED has the game in stable platform and then revisit this mod.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks. I find that the ship's foam shimmers a bit approaching to land. Is there a way to delete the Ship Foam folder, (or any folder) without the game crashing or wanting to rebuild? I tried to modify the folder in notebook too but no luck..thanks

• 1 month later...
To be honest I haven't tested since those updates. I would hope that ED would help fix it. Its only an asset to have in game. I don't think that DCS will ever truly be a complete game. They are forever updating this game to the point where pilots are forced to update their systems or be left behind.

I will hold off till ED has the game in stable platform and then revisit this mod.

Hah have a feeling this will be a long wait.... Too bad as this is a great mod.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Would be nice to get it updated

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey USCSTaylor

Time to get to work on this mod again. The Tarawa has working carrier Ops and your mod is close. There is a current collision issue with it where jets bounce off the deck and go sky high but once in a while they land correctly and taxi to a spot. Your back in Action!!!!! :-)

• 3 months later...
Hi All,

I hasten to add this is not my Mod to adapt or change, it is simply an additional element I have managed to incorporate through the .lua. I am supporting fellow modders in their pursuit of pushing the bounds of DCS modding.

It is not my place to issue any of the changes I have made and that will be at the discretion of the Mod developers. I would hate to tread on anyone's toes as I know how much time and effort goes into producing such fine work.

All I have done is create this video to show what is potentially possible.

My thanks go to the Mod development team and Angus for highlighting the core DCS change.

where can we download this lcac mod?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

• 3 weeks later...

A Birthday Present for USA Pilots!

A Birthday Present for USA Pilots!

I have heard your Pleas!

So, To Honor Taylor, who spent months working on this mod to bring it to you,

I have re-created the LCAC.

He left us after a DCS up-date broke this mod, overnight.

I have not heard from him since.

He was a great guy.

Bought me and Mario, who created the original mod, a gift of ED module.

He was very giving. He also bought a model for the VSN team. They still have it in sim.

He is missed.

The model is the very same one used and comes from cadnav.

This version has been enhanced By resident Lua and Mission builder wizard, SUNTSAG, ie: Naked.

He has made them CA compatible.

The list of features,

CA compatible

Drive-able

Armed with two M/G's, also man-able.

Able to engage land targets while on water.

Able to transport the included Vehicles, but not across water.

(A DCS sim code limitation)

You may load troops or the vehicle while on land

And they will be transported to the way-point you choose

Four vehicles included, enhanced to be ocean capable, and loadable for transport.

Embark, dis-embark commands may be used at way-points.

Please note, due to limitations of the ED engine, these LCAC's can only travel at

6 km h while on the water.

They will speed up once on land.

Also, once em-barked on the LCAC, they will not be seen until they dis-embark.

Another limitation.

Please see the Encyclopedia folder for a test mission.

All this Thanks to Naked!

LCAC Landing video.

lcac17.jpg

lcac18.jpg

lcac19.jpg

lcac20.jpglcac21.jpg

lcac22.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jb7940tfb5qnsk1/USN%20LCAC%20Land%20V%201.0.zip?dl=0

Have a Happy and Healthy Fourth!

Cheers!:beer:

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."