MY HUEY RUNS OFF

mylastcaptain

THIS IS THE SITUATION.

I AM FLYING A CLIENT CONTROLLED HUEY WHILE USING COMBINED ARMS.

WHEN I LEAVE THE HUEY TO GO TO ANOTHER UNIT (JTAC, TANK, HUMVEE) HE TAKES OFF AND RETURNS TO BASE. I HAVE TRIED TO MAKE HIM STAY. I HAVE LANDED AND HE LEAVES. I HAVE TURNED OFF THE ENGINE AND ONCE I GO TO ANOTHER UNIT, HE LEAVES. FURTHERMORE, I CAN NOT CONTROL HIM FROM THE F10 MAP. ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO MAKE HIM STAY PUT WHILE I'M OFF WORKING ON ANOTHER SITUATION WITH ANOTHER UNIT.

THANKS.

Do his lights go on? I wonder if onplayerleaveunit for air triggers a RTB. Ground units dont suffer this, you have and you can hit AUTO and it drives the route, but I'll admit I don't know what happens to a route once a player jumps in.

The question is, what would you expect to happen? Would this be everyone's expectation? To me, it seems that this is correct. If you give a unit no more waypoints, it RTB's. If you control a route from CA, it's literally one waypoint. Thus, it RTB's when it gets there. Seems right. WHat you need perhaps is the advanced action waypoints brought into the F10 map so you can get helis to land and wait and so on.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

are you trying to be a battlefield commander C2 from helicopter? If so you can just use the F10 map without the tank icon "jump to other unit". automatically once you left a unit AI takes control.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

No, I'm not trying to run the complete army. As all of you know with CTLD a person can deliver a JTAC. I would like to be able to fly him in. Jump in the driver's seat of the JTAC and get him into the position that he needs to be in, so he does not die and then get back into the HELO. Usually, I'm playing around heavy AA and have to fly in very low to get the JTAC to the correct area and by the time that I have placed the JTAC in the correct location, the HELO has been shot down and I have to respawn at the base. If I could get the HELO to just hang out for a couple of minutes, it would go a long way to the game for me.

why not set a timed trigger say after 10 minutes of touchdown, unit dead (your old helicopter), group activate new helicopter 2?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.