Persian Gulf or A New Plane?

rockaneado

Hi, I'm in a bit of dilemma right now. I bought the F/A 18C but after a month of playing I'm getting bored because there's not much content right now for the module. Same thing when I got the Mirage, only a single campaign and some user made missions. I'm a SP guy and to me the Hog is the best module because of DLC campaigns and also a lot of community missions

I really want the Persian Gulf map but I fear I'll run into the same problem of not enough content as there's no official campaigns other than a few user made stuff. I'm also quite interested in owning a helo and Ka 50 is on the top of the list right now. I can't get both because I gotta run on tight budget.

So, should I go with the map now or get the helo and buy the map a few months later? Not including multiplayer which would be better to spend my time on? Of course, if there's enough single player content on the Gulf map I'd prefer buying that.

Thanks for reading through :thumbup::thumbup:

Go for the helo pack in special offers. then.

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

Certainly a new aircraft module. The PG map will be more worth it particularly when there are campaigns released for it.

Check out the new Red Flag campaign for the Mirage too, it's really good.

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

If you dont want the helicopters, then I would go for the Harrier. I have all the maps but I only use the Caucasus and Nevada map. I only play SP and make my missions myself. I have all the modules include the helicopters , but I almost only use the Harrier, F18 and the M2000c. Because the F18 does not support "game mode", then I dont use the helicopters because I find them too hard to use in sim mode. The F18 is my favorite airplane nr. 1 right now.

Thanks for reply guys. Unfortunately, I have the sim on steam and helo bundle's not available there. So I guess getting Ka 50 and its Republic DLC is a better deal than the map?

What about different account? If you have 1 module on steam, you can play it here and others on second account. More you buy on steam, more you be rooted in. Anyway 1 module against 4. Just thinking.

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

What about different account?

Well ED doesn't accept cards from my country. Steam does that's why its my only option. Anyways, I grew up watching Mi 8's near my home but weirdly never been a fan of it.

Also, totally forgot the Harrier, does it have an Official Campaign yet?

Do you have nttr map if not get it it opens up the red flag missions

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

• 1 month later...

I guess an issue esp. with SP is that you're not looking at maps or planes, it's combination of the map + aircraft you want. Makes it a bit tricky to build a collection, unless you buy a lot to guarantee many potential "hits". ED's extensive roadmap really helps us out though!

I noticed there's been tons of promotional bundles with Nevada + aircraft. Maybe ED is actively trying to help out with this issue so customers can get some actual use from their hundreds of bucks spent.

Other possible explanations would be that it's just something nice which you can bundle together and market. (But then again, all those Red Flag campaigns.) Also maps don't seem to sell that well for some reason so it may also be an attempt to sell content that isn't returning its development costs. Kinda makes me wonder why, Caucasus has been the only DCS map I've been looking at for the last 6 years, time for a fresh breath lol.

Helisimmer actually gave a quite high score for the Nevada map. Persian Gulf fared even better.

Edited by Varis

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS