After updating DCS to 2.5.0, the F-15 Bear trap campaign - mission 2 is broken

pasn

Hello,

yesterday my DCS world updated to version 2.5.0 and i had to play the F-15 Bear trap campaign from the beginning again, but the mission 2 seems to be broken. Seems like the mission was updated in this new version of DCS, i have only 5 waypoints to navigate, but the map of the mission has 8 waypoints and in the description of the mission there are sometimes 5 and sometimes 8 waypoints mentioned.

Best regards

Seems like this is the same issue and hasn't been fixed yet:

Sorry for necro'ing the thread, however, I've been trying to beat mission #2 of the f-15c bear trap campaign, as 2.5 is exciting and an excellent reason to go through single player campaigns again.

Job is to protect the f-16's, but they get shot down by sa-19 sams well before any enemy aircraft get close enough to be a threat. I even tried flying low and trying to get the sams attention but they seem to prioritize going for the f-16's. The f-16's are launching agm's but they don't seem to be hitting anything and maybe get one off before being nailed. Never struggled much with this particular mission in 1.5

Unsure if you guys have gotten around to these campaigns for 2.5 yet, but I'm excited to fly them over the converted map.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Quick note, fixes are in the pipeline, but need extra translations. So you can use this early draft if you wish to download it, there are few forums with this issue been discussed.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3431344&postcount=21

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Guess this is as good a place as any to say thank you to MadDog for helping me out and providing some form of fix for the Bear Trap campaign. It has been working well so far. Sorry I posted in a different area and that you end up replying to posts on this all over the place. Your help is greatly appreciated. People like you make this community great.

Quick note, fixes are in the pipeline, but need extra translations. So you can use this early draft if you wish to download it, there are few forums with this issue been discussed.

Tried M06 a few times. SEAD OK but Strike Eagles don't attack. 2.5@release. Campaign files downloaded from your link.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Tried M06 a few times. SEAD OK but Strike Eagles don't attack. 2.5@release. Campaign files downloaded from your link.

AAAArrrrrrggggghhh, will take a look when I can.

Don't they drop bombs on runway, or don't they go anywhere near the runway ???

Cheers, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Don't they drop bombs on runway, or don't they go anywhere near the runway ???

Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to debug. For sure they were somewhere in the AO after I called the strike, by the time SEAD was done, because I remember them defending Flankers but the enemy aircrafts have been defeated. I loitered for like 10 minutes then their engines shutdown and crash (fuel probably) and I get mission failed.

Hopefully this is the right track:

https://ufile.io/x9917

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 2 months later...

Downloaded again from:

don't know if it was fixed but tried M06 again and confirm OK @OBv2.5.2

So in Mission 2, Protect the 16 DEAD strike I cannot beat it. I can fly and defend the flight from the Mig-29's and even the Mig-27's if they come in but the 16's get shot down by SAM's. Also, some of the 16's missles hit their intended targets but do not kill them completely. I have flown the mission over 10 times now and no matter what the 16's get killed by Surface to Air. I have even tried to go low and strafe the SAM's to help out but that usually does not end well for me.

Also in the mission brief at the top the loadout listed for my F15 is correct but further down in the Mission Brief under Objective then Payload it list, 2 AIM9, 6 AIM120C and 1 Fuel Tank. Where you actually are carrying 2 AIM9, 4 Aim120C, 2 AIM7 and 3 Fuel tanks like the MB list at the top.

This is in 2.5 Open Beta with the latest update as of 03-August-2018

i7-8700K (6 Core, 12MB Cache, 4.6GHz) 32 GB DDR4 XMP @ 2933MHz, GTX 1080Ti w/ 11GB GDDR5X, Windows 10 Pro, 256GB SSD, TM Warthog Stick & Throttle, TM TPR Pedals, TrackIR5

Still not working. However the F16's were not carrying Mavericks? I Downloaded the Zip file to my main DCS folder in Saved Games. When I unzipped the file it seems to have went to Saved Games>DCS OpenBeta>Mods>Aircraft>Flaming Cliffs>Missions>Campagins>(Then all the files are here)

Those files are dated 28-March-2018 1:50am time stamp, which is what is listed as the latest update in the changelog.txt file

Not sure if I am doing something wrong?

Edited by Banman

i7-8700K (6 Core, 12MB Cache, 4.6GHz) 32 GB DDR4 XMP @ 2933MHz, GTX 1080Ti w/ 11GB GDDR5X, Windows 10 Pro, 256GB SSD, TM Warthog Stick & Throttle, TM TPR Pedals, TrackIR5

You might have to move files over to ...\Campaigns\en\ but I cannot check it right now. To be sure, just check how the original files are located now in the main DCS folder (not Saved Games). It may be safer your way but I always make a copy of original files then just overwrite them where they are in the main DCS folder and it worked. They get eventually overwritten next update with still borked ones ;)

So what the issue was, was that I was putting the files in C:\Users\(UserName)\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\Aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\Missions\Campaigns

Where they needed to go was C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\Missions\Campaigns

Once in the correct file location the mission worked fine. Thanks.