disconnecting ground power

aledmb

hey everyone!

i've started learning how to do a cold start in the huey and i was able to request ground power by leaving the doors open... is that just a coincidence or do they really hear me only when doors are open?

then i went through the start procedure and got to the point where i needed for them to disconnect... doors were still open, but they just didn't reply to my requests.

should i have talked to them by radio?

Hey! Yes, once the rotors are spinning it's a little noisy for yelling out of the door. :)

On the left panel, towards the middle-back you'll see a selector rotary; set this to INTER for the interphone and then press the mic switch on the throttle and they'll hear you loud and clear. Be sure it says "Interphone" at the top of the radio menu. :thumbup:

Hey! Yes, once the rotors are spinning it's a little noisy for yelling out of the door. :)

On the left panel, towards the middle-back you'll see a selector rotary; set this to INTER for the interphone and then press the mic switch on the throttle and they'll hear you loud and clear. Be sure it says "Interphone" at the top of the radio menu. :thumbup:

you say press the mic switch on the throttle... i need to keep it pressed while i go through the menus to ask ground support?

It's on the cyclic, the red trigger operated by your right index finger. Squeeze it a little to engage the ICS or all the radio to engage the radio.

ICS is the best way. Radio will work too but it's like calling someone on the phone to someone on the other side of the table, plus every hears it on that frequency. The \ generic comms key I'm not sure if it will do radio, ICS, or just "talk into the mic and whatever happens happens."