Experienced BF-109 pilots - help needed - right roll level flight - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-18-2018, 09:10 PM   #11
Pasquale1986

Thx for the vid JIMJAM especially the part on the trim is indeed a deviation to our current flight model. Maybe ED will take a look at it

Personal Wishlist: Mig-29A Full Fidelity, Panavia Tornado IDS, any Heavy Bomber (as long as it‘s a beauty or a BUFF)
Pasquale1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 06:14 AM   #12
DefaultFace

That video was made by several dcs players in an attempt to gather evidence to convince ed to change elements of the fm relating to trim and cog. They were then promptly told they were wrong and at least one of them banned from the forums iirc.

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin
DefaultFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:48 AM   #13
NeilWillis
Veteran

There is a big "if" concerning the video. The model discussed is the Gustav. We are flying the Kurfurst. It may be a detail, but the devil is often in that detail.

We have a trim issue to deal with, so we have to deal with it. These arguments have been presented to ED, and we still have the same flight model - clearly that is for a reason, to which we are not privy.

Just accept that you have an issue to deal with, and deal with it we must, because no change is likely, and we do not have anecdotal evidence related to the Kurfust to change that situation.
NeilWillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 11:07 AM   #14
msalama
Veteran

Quote:
Right from the horse's mouth with no conjecture.
Not quantifiable and thus not applicable. Plus it's the Gustav, not the Kurfürst.
Old 01-19-2018, 11:41 AM   #15
Pasquale1986

Ah ok, i see. Didn’t knew that ED has already looked into that. Then my post can happily be ignored and thanks for the heads up!

Personal Wishlist: Mig-29A Full Fidelity, Panavia Tornado IDS, any Heavy Bomber (as long as it‘s a beauty or a BUFF)

Last edited by Pasquale1986; 01-19-2018 at 11:43 AM.
Pasquale1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 11:58 AM   #16
Art-J+
Posting Rights Suspended

I seem to recall Yo-Yo posting that K4's CG was further back compared to G-series (don't remember the quoted loadout config, though), thus making all articles/interviews featuring G irrelevant for "our" plane. That was the main reason why all threads on the subject (and oh boy, there were quite a few ) were closed eventually.

Granted, I'm neither knowledgeable nor interested enough to judge the current FM, I just learned to deal with it.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:04 PM   #17
cromhunt

And what about the real pilot concern in the real life.You are constantly asking for what is real or not?And never how a pilot in real taking the subject.Do you think he comes to his plane and once onboard he asks how he has to drive at everybody around,and why some of commands are running to a direction or other?
Before access to the cockpit of any airplane he learns from the flight manual,all caracteristics of type of aircraft and what action have to be apply to get a normal flight.His work doesn't consist in asking for help while onboard.Before accessing to an aircraft model he is upgrade in a pilot school with an instructor.And the first of all thing that he has to learn is flight manual.Only when he is able to answer at theoric questions he gets the right to take the pilot commands.
The most of questions that are posted on this forum about behaviours of modules are coming from gents which never read a line of manual.Therefore which never know how a plane flying.
Pilot a plane in real life is a serious work,not a game.Make your choice between the real which is serious and restrictive and the entertainment which is only a fiction.
Make your attention on books and manuals,and you will never need to ask anything.
Go ahead in playing without any knowledge and don't wait for answer.
In most of case you have to deal with that you have in game.
cromhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 01:06 PM   #18
edgtho

Quote:
Originally Posted by msalama View Post
Not quantifiable and thus not applicable. Plus it's the Gustav, not the Kurfürst.
The 109 was a working horse of the Luftwaffe, so obviously, new versions must not be very different. For example, proof was Erich Brunotte's experience - he flew K but not in combat just for ferry flight. He did not mention any significant differencies. So, if there are no valued sources for K the best way is to use real gocs for G. Indeed,the base model for the DCS 109 was a Russian test of a G2/R6.
edgtho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 01:54 PM   #19
NeilWillis
Veteran

And your reason for making that leap is what exactly edgtho? A lack of information doesn't mean that alternative similar examples are correct.

The simple fact of the matter is that the G and the K are very different animals. Bung a V8 in a Mini Cooper, and I suspect there may be some subtle differences between it and a standard one. Bung a different engine AND a different CofG in a 109, and guess what?...
NeilWillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 02:11 PM   #20
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefaultFace View Post
That video was made by several dcs players in an attempt to gather evidence to convince ed to change elements of the fm relating to trim and cog. They were then promptly told they were wrong and at least one of them banned from the forums iirc.
They posted redundant info that proved nothing, and the one that was banned was banned for rule violations, not for questioning the FM, just to be clear.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**

Last edited by BIGNEWY; 02-07-2018 at 03:27 PM. Reason: grammar
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote