DCS Enhanced Terrain (Texture Mod)

toby23

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is your game installed in the Program Files folder? It sounds like you don't have permission to write to the folder.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

badger...

1. right click your DCS World folder, select Properties

2. click the Security tab

3. select 'Administrators' in the 'Group or user names' window and click 'Edit'

4. select 'Administrators' in the 'Group or user names' window and check all the 'Allow' boxes

5. click Apply and then OK

6. Enjoy

Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060

badger...

1. right click your DCS World folder, select Properties

2. click the Security tab

3. select 'Administrators' in the 'Group or user names' window and click 'Edit'

4. select 'Administrators' in the 'Group or user names' window and check all the 'Allow' boxes

5. click Apply and then OK

6. Enjoy

It lets me click every box , except for special permissions .

Hey Zaelu,

You're right but that's not a limitation of the engine, it's a limitation of the textures that I have.

What you're seeing are photos taken from around 5000 feet.

You can buy 100mx100m (0.1km2) textures for EUR 20 each and only from certain countries, so it is only worth purchasing them if you are producing payware, for example the airports that ORBX make.

I'm doing this for free in my spare time so no mega high resolution at super low level, sorry.

You can experiment with the noise texture but I only see it kick in at a really low level eg 200 feet and then only in a 30m radius around my aircraft, the same with clutter.

My advice is to stay above 500 feet and enjoy the view :)

Hello Toby, I wasn't critical... it was more of a "lamentation". This is the limit, you can test it... make the textures something like blue square and you will see it being used at any hight. It is just mixed and shuffled with some noises. I you would have a super uber texture would not help either. sadly...

You can read my explanation to the other mod here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1736272&postcount=348

and you can see pictures... same texture a thousands of meters as when down low. Hence the problems.

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Hi zaelu,

Great post...

There is a noise texture being applied but I haven't been able to find it...yet.

It adds seasonal colour (in random spots) and makes the textures look milky.

When I find it, I will be able to control much more how the textures appear.

Edited by toby23

c'mon diveplane, I'm using your sound mods... just give it a go! :)

I asked people to post screenshots but I guess we're all too busy flying!

There is no FPS hit at all.

The original textures are 5mb, mine are 10mb.

Sweet FX will give you a performance hit if you use Bloom for example.

Edited by toby23

c'mon diveplane, I'm using your sound mods... just give it a go! :)

I asked people to post screenshots but I guess we're all too busy flying!

There is no FPS hit at all.

The original textures are 5mb, mine are 10mb.

Sweet FX will give you a performance hit if you use Bloom for example.

will do at some point yep try them out.

just wanted to hear some feedback as well on the performance side.

I don't notice any performance hit at all and here's a couple of screenshots from Mission 4 Vergeev Campaign to keep you entertained :)

I edited out a small part of the textures today that ruined the smooth tiling effect from higher altitudes but I haven't uploaded the update yet.

I'm still trying to get the towns and villages colour matched to the rest :)

Screenshots have been resized and compressed for uploading.

1.thumb.jpg.d67b3ce594b2e5e47da1764ba0dfcabf.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.bb479a6e68e3f8e62ba190f3ea6427c6.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.36c654593e25ba09a7146625aa2cdea7.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.eba30461b10ad1ae72a57a4a374a8f2a.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.a0c12abe665e42724c6b06693780c915.jpg

I don't notice any performance hit at all and here's a couple of screenshots from Mission 4 Vergeev Campaign to keep you entertained :)

I edited out a small part of the textures today that ruined the smooth tiling effect from higher altitudes but I haven't uploaded the update yet.

I'm still trying to get the towns and villages colour matched to the rest :)

Screenshots have been resized and compressed for uploading.

looks great, does it blend in with rockwelders tree mods?

imo these mods combined would give the terrain a great face lift for sure.

looks great, does it blend in with rockwelders tree mods?

imo these mods combined would give the terrain a great face lift for sure.

I have not tried them together, but the DTAC mod includes an 'optional' noise file, which I have been using. This mod would replace that file for each season.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I have not tried them together, but the DTAC mod includes an 'optional' noise file, which I have been using. This mod would replace that file for each season.

This mod works great with DTAC's trees, there are no conflicts but I advise against installing the r_for_t.tga.dds files as this will create dark shadows under the tree areas that don't fit with my ground textures, just use the default ones.