SIMHQ`s DCS: Black Shark Preview Report #2

I think the new AI target detection model only works for AI aircraft/helos.

So you think Igla firing at a plane flying above FULL cloud cover will still be the case?

Edit:

"DCS: Black Shark Target Detection Model for AI Aircraft" - so it appears it will...

Can this "phone bit rate" be applied somehow to affect Team Speak?

The reduced bitrate on a digital stream will not result in the effects that analog radio displays. Its not easy to faithfully reproduce the effects of an analog radio transmission with digital signals. Of course you can add noise and stuff but theres other things like distortion and modulation, unwanted filtering, etc.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

The reduced bitrate on a digital stream will not result in the effects that analog radio displays. Its not easy to faithfully reproduce the effects of an analog radio transmission with digital signals. Of course you can add noise and stuff but theres other things like distortion and modulation, unwanted filtering, etc.

My idea was extremely reduced bit rate sound plus noise sounds a lot more realistic than high bit rate sound plus noise. IMHO it's not that complicated and such feature should be included in TeamSpeak/Ventrilo.

so there is a little 3rd part util called TSNoise that adds mic beeps and background fuzz to teamspeak , quite good for immersion, have used on and off for a bit ..fully configurable

http://punkr.de/ts-noise-download

lol, thx!! Will testing it, sounds cool!:)

edit: It only play's .wav sounds, but it is ok. (Nobody's on our TS yet...will see later if it feels more "real" while flying)

I've been using TS-Noise for quite some time. The sounds coming with the program are a bit unrealistic, though, and you have to fiddle around a bit to get the best of it, depending on your TS-Settings and your soundsystem.

The video is really great. Can't wait to figure out all the systems and buttons myself! But I'd really like to mention the English cockpit-labels again. Waiting for a tooltip to pop up while inflight is really deadly.

Besides that I think the trees and the airfields look very realistic, now!

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

because the satellites are actually "live" in the game engine and fly their orbit during the mission.

He said that its possible GLONASS though thats (apparently) in RL not 100% available yet. How is it taken care of in the DCS? How are the line-of-sigh of GPS/GLONASS determined bcs in RL my handheld "Garmin Nuvi" carnavigation can aquire satellites while held on the backseat with little outside view.

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]