Windows Mixed Reality Discussion

NineLine

I grabbed the Odyssey for 582$ (refurbished) incl shipping and import charges from Amazon. Cost a whopping 1080$ in Norway which is totally retarded. I generally fly helicopters and such so i think the upgrade in Visuals from the rift will be worth it compared to the tracking. i can deal with some minor issues to see things more clearly. Cant wait!

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

I grabbed the Odyssey for 582$ (refurbished) incl shipping and import charges from Amazon. Cost a whopping 1080$ in Norway which is totally retarded. I generally fly helicopters and such so i think the upgrade in Visuals from the rift will be worth it compared to the tracking. i can deal with some minor issues to see things more clearly. Cant wait!

Why Tesla is so popular in Norway! It's a beautiful country all around, but the taxes! :D

You will absolutely love the sensation of flight with VR. *ESPECIALLY* in rotary aircraft. It's soooooooo much easier taxing, flying, landing etc. Enjoy it!:joystick:

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Also have a odyssey and I have a rift as well. I put the rift away despite it having better and easier to use software.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Why Tesla is so popular in Norway! It's a beautiful country all around, but the taxes! :D

You will absolutely love the sensation of flight with VR. *ESPECIALLY* in rotary aircraft. It's soooooooo much easier taxing, flying, landing etc. Enjoy it!:joystick:

Taxes are harsh yeah but we get a lot back for it, wouldnt have it any other way but the 25% sales tax aint great ;) We are however pushing electric cars hard so there's no tax and subsidies for it, free toll on the roads, can drive in bus lane. Wont be like that forever though.

Ive had the Rift and Vive before so i know how it feels. Ive also sold the rift and gotten it back twice haha. Bipolar mania is fun... Back into it again now so 2080 and the Odyssey gonna be good :) I do love my Huey and built my own huey controls ;)

Hi Fellas,

I got a weird issue with my Odyssey and DCS. When I start DCS the IPD is kinda off. It's noticeable when a external box (like a Steam or Skype notification) and when I take the HMD after flying, I feel cross eyed for several minutes till my eyes recover. The really strange part is, this only happens in DCS. No issues in Elite:Dangerous (expect the loading screen), Steam VR, Arizona Sunshine etc. And no matter how I set the IPD on the headset or in DCS, the cross eye effect doesn't go away.

Has anybody else experienced this issue?

+1 for this on a WMR headset, though I'm using a Lenovo Explorer instead of an Odyssey. I've been digging for a solution for a while now, opened a support ticket, basically got told "can't recreate it, tough luck bud." I was hoping having seen numerous reports of this floating around that something could be done but alas it would seem I'm not going to be DCSing in VR anytime soon. There's another thread on here from May describing the issue that I think is causing the cross-eyed vision, it appears to be the result of the two projections (left eye and right eye) not being at the same height. I tested this by seeing that everything was in fact appearing in double vision, one (mostly) on top of the other.

Got the Odyssey up and running and hey i can read shit! Reflex sight text in the Huey is now clear. Cant read the smallest text yet but thats fine. For me its deffo worth the upgrade from the rift. Performance in 2.52 is awful for VR though so im flying the 2.5.0

Other than that the fps does fluctuate a bit and i cant hold 90. Any way i can lock it to 45 with steamvr?

Edited by trigen

Got the Odyssey up and running and hey i can read shit! Reflex sight text in the Huey is now clear. Cant read the smallest text yet but thats fine. For me its deffo worth the upgrade from the rift. Performance in 2.52 is awful for VR though so im flying the 2.5.0

Other than that the fps does fluctuate a bit and i cant hold 90. Any way i can lock it to 45 with steamvr?

There's an option in steam VR settings under developer where you have to turn on async reprojection. It's not exactly asw like the rift but it's the steam's and wmr version of it.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

There's an option in steam VR settings under developer where you have to turn on async reprojection. It's not exactly asw like the rift but it's the steam's and wmr version of it.

Yeah, but its allow. Problem is it wont lock it to 45 it tries to jump to 90 and so on anyway if it senses it has a bit to go on. Need something that keeps it on 45 permanently

There are other options to enable in that section. I don't recall which ones I have enabled.

Yeah, but its allow. Problem is it wont lock it to 45 it tries to jump to 90 and so on anyway if it senses it has a bit to go on. Need something that keeps it on 45 permanently

Wait, you don't like it when your fps go up to 90 instead of staying at 45? I think I wouldn't even notice...

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

There's alot of stutter looking around when it keeps going 55 60 65 and down up. Hence the fps fluctuate/senses when it's got a bit to go on. It's not jumping straight to 90 which is why I want to lock it at 45 No need to troubleshoot I just want to know if there is a way..

Yes, you can force ASW to always be activated using the Beta version of steamVR:

open with notepad++ :

C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MixedRealityVRDriver\resources\settings\default.vrsettings

And follow the instructions. For instance, to always force the game to run at half frames rate, I believe you need this line to be uncommented:

"motionReprojectionMode" : "motionvector",

Also, use this:

"motionReprojectionTemporalEnabled" : true,

Yes, you can force ASW to always be activated using the Beta version of steamVR:

open with notepad++ :

C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MixedRealityVRDriver\resources\settings\default.vrsettings

And follow the instructions. For instance, to always force the game to run at half frames rate, I believe you need this line to be uncommented:

"motionReprojectionMode" : "motionvector",

Also, use this:

"motionReprojectionTemporalEnabled" : true,

Cheers, ill give that a try

• 2 weeks later...

I've been following this thread for months and I have seen many people having issues with the Steam loading screen popping up during flight. Has anyone come up with a definitive solution to this? I'm finally out of ideas and mods to try to get this to stop.

My rig:

W10 64bits

I7-6700k OC4.8

32GB ram

EVGA 1080ti

All drives SSDs

I've tried driver updates

I've tried the shader mod

I've set the settings to VR preset.

Nothing has helped. I was pretty sure it was a pipeline somewhere in my rig that was bottlenecked, but after trying the gawdawful ugly VR preset with zero changes in the number of loading screen pauses, I'm convinced it's not my hardware.

I'm about to give up on WMR and go back to a CV1.

Any suggestions or pointers before I put my Odyssey up on eBay? I'm pretty sure its the memory manager that ED has implemented, but I've not seen them admit to or even acknowledge that is has created an issue.

Suggestions would be most welcome since i really dont want to get rid of my Odyssey and step back to the CV1 resolution.

Markeebo

I have the exact same issue, is also noticeable when exiting DCS back to steam still wearing the headset. Also only on DCS. What is your computer specs. I feel like the images are slightly misaligned.

i7-8700K, ASUS ROG STRIX 1080 AG, 32GB Ram, MSI z730 Gaming Pro Carbon

Crowbar Inc.: "We deliver pain."

I've been following this thread for months and I have seen many people having issues with the Steam loading screen popping up during flight. Has anyone come up with a definitive solution to this? I'm finally out of ideas and mods to try to get this to stop.

My rig:

W10 64bits

I7-6700k OC4.8

32GB ram

EVGA 1080ti

All drives SSDs

I've tried driver updates

I've tried the shader mod

I've set the settings to VR preset.

Nothing has helped. I was pretty sure it was a pipeline somewhere in my rig that was bottlenecked, but after trying the gawdawful ugly VR preset with zero changes in the number of loading screen pauses, I'm convinced it's not my hardware.

I'm about to give up on WMR and go back to a CV1.

Any suggestions or pointers before I put my Odyssey up on eBay? I'm pretty sure its the memory manager that ED has implemented, but I've not seen them admit to or even acknowledge that is has created an issue.

Suggestions would be most welcome since i really dont want to get rid of my Odyssey and step back to the CV1 resolution.

Markeebo

This happens when the game is loading. It only happens for me right before I load into a server or misison.

I haven't flown in weeks so I don't know if its something related to the latest beta updates. I've seen people complained that with those latest beta updates, it has been worse.

I'm curious how my 2080Ti will handle dcs.. probably still not enough since it's not a very well optimized piece of software considering all it has to render.

In case anyone else has been looking out for this option like I have, you can now buy prescription lens inserts for the Samsung Odyssey: https://widmovr.com/product/odyssey-prescription-lens-adapters/

What kind of "prescription" do you mean? :huh:

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

And these lenses don't work with all WMR headsets?? I thought WMR is a technical standard which all manufacturers have to obey?

And these lenses don't work with all WMR headsets?? I thought WMR is a technical standard which all manufacturers have to obey?
I wondered the same thing. I would like to have custom lenses made for the odyssey but it seems all the parties that make these lenses do so for the vice and rift only.

"vice" ? In want lenses for my uber beautiful white Dell Visor too...