Can Kraz + TZ22 be used in the game?

Gierasimov

Hello,

I noticed that there are some objects in the file structure of game install that I cannot find in Mission Editor.

An example below includes high-poly Kraz truck and TZ-22 cistern. I cannot locate this in the countries.db though and can't see it when building a mission in the ME.

Examining textures I can see there are some desert and digital camo patterns for soldiers, as well as three examples of cattle and some textures for carrier personnel, there seems to be detailed Kamaz Firetruck as well, however, I was unable to find 3d models for these so I understand this is just included for the upcoming 3d models. Is this correct or am I missing something?

It also seems to me that some updates introduced new models, like Smerch for instance, updated Abrams, some other units created in high poly (improved and updated) but yet, no information about this was given in updates' change logs as far as I remember.

picture.php?albumid=1089&pictureid=10135

picture.php?albumid=1089&pictureid=10134

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Yes, you have the edm's and all you have to do is create a mod for them and they will show up. Link the 2 by placing them very close together with the same orientation. The textures are already in the game.

PS: As Silver Dragon points out below I should have added these cannot be made to work in tandem, they are just eye candy for now if you do create a mod for them, but they look okay around the airfields as statics.

Edited by crazyeddie

Wait, so the EDM's are there, textures are there and yet to use it in the game I need to create mod myself?

I'll wait then, but it would be interesting to see a comment from ED regarding these additional files that are not in the game yet.

Cattle textures look really nice #DCS:Beef

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

You get this all the time in the game as it evolves, stuff gets added as its being worked up and then it appears in its finished state, or not.

You can jump the gun by adding it yourself or just waiting for the finished model, I pulled these out last year and added them just to see how they looked, they are nice. The truck is also being used to tow and Sam 2 missile trailer. (That isnt in there yet)

I think I saw an image of the finished model in one of the preview pages recently, so it will be along soon enough.

Remember ED has not implemented a Towed functionality to enable semitrailers and others towed stuff into DCS. Actually the TZ-22 and other future trailer has "useless" only as static stuff meanwhile ED dont implement them.

Other point, meanwhile the TZ-22 has a airfield fuel refueller trailer, not bad if ED implement a AI fuel delivery into parked AI and player aircrafts / helos. A firefighting version named AAPT-4 has based on that.

Sa-2 trailer can see on the official in develop screepshot section.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/screenshots/572/