Benchmark

Borderline

Is there anyway, right now, to do a benchmark to find the best setting on DCS 2.5?

Also, what kind of settings from the invidia panel would you recommend to have the best in game experience (keep in mind I do play MP)?

AMD F-6300, GTX 960, 8GB RAM <- I know those are not the greatest, that`s why I am asking for some help.

Edited by Borderline

You mean, besides the frame rate counter (RCTL + PAUSE) ?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Yes, other games, like squad or Metro, gives u the possibility of doing a benchmark so you can easily decide the best settings.

I understand, DCS is more of a simulation than a game, so it doesnt include a benchmark like the games you mention ..

... however, it has the ability to replay a previously recorded game (called a "track" on DCS), so in combination with a tool like Fraps (http://www.fraps.com/) you could replay the track with different settings each time, and Fraps would allow you to determine average, max and min fps.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

I understand, DCS is more of a simulation than a game, so it doesnt include a benchmark like the games you mention ..

... however, it has the ability to replay a previously recorded game (called a "track" on DCS), so in combination with a tool like Fraps (http://www.fraps.com/) you could replay the track with different settings each time, and Fraps would allow you to determine average, max and min fps.

Tanks a lot, will try asap.

"DCS is more of a simulation than a game, so it doesnt include a benchmark like the games you mention"

"however, it has the ability to replay a previously recorded game"

Soo.... Is it a game or not??? ;)

I wouldn't have mentioned it if I didn't feel like you were being so condescending.

Anyhow...

Yeah record a track and upon playback you can watch the frame-rate with different settings.

Also...

I think ED should definitely include a standard track that can be used to benchmark by everyone.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

I wouldn't have mentioned it if I didn't feel like you were being so condescending.

Sorry, couldnt help it after seeing DCS compared with FP Shooters :)

I hear you :). But DCS is still a game :). Have you ever flown the F15/SU27/25T/etc???

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Also, what kind of settings from the invidia panel would you recommend to have the best in game experience (keep in mind I do play MP)?

AMD F-6300, GTX 960, 8GB RAM <- I know those are not the greatest, that`s why I am asking for some help.

Messing around NVCP won't give you much. DCS settings on the other hand are crucial.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3527700&postcount=9

You're basically low on RAM so lower your preload, visibility, texture sizes etc.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria