Flaming Cliffs 3

Vecko

My idea would be to do coop missions only! I especially like the idea of ganging up a bunch of people pitted against a rough AI scenario...

Think of it like an air superiority scenario:

Blue has already or almost air supremacy and is going to launch strikes against valuable targets in red territory.

Red Fighters go up for CAP, SEAD flights go and kill SAM screen and the strikers go for the targets or CAS... all against a well designed AI scenario e.g. build with the MEs templates and generator function plus some AI fighters?

It works in the campaigns, why not in multiplayer where some former AI planes know can be user controlled.

I agree when pitting blue against red, fighters will tend for the "easy" Hog-targets, but why do a non-coop at all? :D

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A proper designed LOCERF-style mission can generate fun for 3-5 hours.

And it would even be replayable at least once for the bunch of guys who hadn't been in on the the first run. ;)

I mean it's not that we wouldn't have had such good missions already!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

The strikers could also do a little better than just fly fat dumb and happy into enemy fighters while shouting 'there's a mig there, where's my fighter cover!'.

Strikers, learn air to air combat. You're in the air. You're a target. Learn how to make yourself less yummy, or better yet, not findable.

Hmm, what I've heard is that if you can't strike from situation of superiority A-10s or other bombers are replaced by TLAMs and stealth fighters/bombers for good reason.

I agree you should not go into a hot zone and make yourself available for targeting practice, but most of the time it is neither a good idea to go low and hope the MANPADs and SA-xx don't get you, right?

The combination of CAP (to scare the fighters away) and SEAD (to supress or kill the SAM threat) is enabling the strikers to concentrate on their job. :smilewink:

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

This is a planning + resources issue.

The mission planner should provide you with really hot targets, and less defended targets. No fighters on your side to help you assault the 'big stuff'? Go for the easier fare.

As a striker you also can/should approach the target far off-axis (by far I mean 1.5x how far you can be detected), so that you can come in at an angle perpendicular to the threat axis, giving you the ability to easily go into the notch, or be in it to start with.

Most fighter guys will fly straight down the line from airfield to target, so this should keep you safer than the other strikers who fly in straight.

Now much you can do against dedicated hunters save for keeping good wingmen, but them's the breaks.

Just my opinion on the matter :)

Stealth fighters etc are there for penetrating enemy defense nets undetected and striking critical infrastructure. They're only now starting to become prolific.

Hmm, what I've heard is that if you can't strike from situation of superiority A-10s or other bombers are replaced by TLAMs and stealth fighters/bombers for good reason.

I agree you should not go into a hot zone and make yourself available for targeting practice, but most of the time it is neither a good idea to go low and hope the MANPADs and SA-xx don't get you, right?

The combination of CAP (to scare the fighters away) and SEAD (to supress or kill the SAM threat) is enabling the strikers to concentrate on their job. :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

This is a planning + resources issue.

The mission planner should provide you with really hot targets, and less defended targets. No fighters on your side to help you assault the 'big stuff'? Go for the easier fare.

Agreed! Different target opportunities give you options to take if a larger MP mission does not attract pilots willing to fly SEAD for you.

But for the SAM screen: If you find an S-300, some SA-15 and some SA-10/ MANPADs in a target area you are usually doomed:helpsmilie:

Even a combination of more than one SA-8 and SA-10 each is challenging if you want to strike multiple targets. After the first run the element of surprise is gone... and then you start dodging missiles :smilewink:

EDIT: At least for me this is totally challenging to the point of frustration

Shagrat

My biggest wish is for player controlled AWAC type commander or something in addition to FAC stuff. Even with voice coms the battlefield always seems to debilitate into airquake. I realise it's all in the hand of mission designers but would like to see some good multiplayer maps right out of the box with FC3 and the rest.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

I was talking from a public multiplayer point of view. It's very rare to find a balanced multiplayer enviroment that is not password protected.

Which is no surprise...

And it's not rare, it's near impossible. Starting with the reason that players will come and go when they like, constantly changing the balance, which ruins each and every mission-design.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was talking from a public multiplayer point of view. It's very rare to find a balanced multiplayer enviroment that is not password protected.

I know it's tough and can be time consuming, but if you join a squad the whole password thing pretty much goes away and you're online gaming experience will improve 100 fold. There are a number of "light" squads out there, most are pretty cool and are very welcoming to those who have loads of RL demands. If you have the time though, Hard Core squads are where it's at. Discipline, tactics, you learn whilst you fly...great experience (if your personal life allows).

• Like 1

I know it's tough and can be time consuming, but if you join a squad the whole password thing pretty much goes away and you're online gaming experience will improve 100 fold. There are a number of "light" squads out there, most are pretty cool and are very welcoming to those who have loads of RL demands. If you have the time though, Hard Core squads are where it's at. Discipline, tactics, you learn whilst you fly...great experience (if your personal life allows).

:thumbup: Exactly! It can't be told often enough! Play SP or join a squadron!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 years later...

Maybe I wasn't clear, I would like Su-33 on both sides (blue and red), thus in mission editor, we have a choice or on one or the other side.

Edited by kobac

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Everything is possible ...

So you actually mean a mod that allows the Su33 on all nations?

Cuz you could just take two nations that can fly the Su33 and make one red and one blue (which is what Rongor meant I assume)

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

Maybe I wasn't clear, I would like Su-33 on both sides (blue and red), thus in mission editor, we have a choice or on one or the other side.

Hi,

Change this:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\Database\db_countries.lua

copy this:

cnt_unit( units.Planes.Plane, "Su-33");

to the USA country or any other you wish...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

.....Vladimir, let's go to Sukhoi.......