Speed at low altitude after patch 2.5.6.50726

saburo_cz

One source claims that the P-47D-30 had speed 345M.P.H. with WEP.

Another reports, not the D-30, show similar speed with minor difference.

WEP is 64inHg with watter injection, not simulated at this moment in DCS.

345MPH is 555 km/h,

but DCS P-47 (without water) can reach TAS 593 km/h (590 IAS), it seems to be too fast.

lTxsgwk.png

just as a reference, the P-51 in the same conditions, should be around 579 km/h and i reach 570, with the P-51 i am close and satisfied.

VOLNpat.png

Map setting was

15°C

760mmHg

Normandy

no wind

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

That does seem to be to fast. However, we'll want to nail some things down. While the WI component does not seem to be implemented yet, from looking at the gauges, it does appear that you are getting the full 64" at 2700 RPM, so you should be getting the equivalent of full War Emergency power, even with the WI system not modeled.*

What was your take-off weight? Looking at the IOM on the three planes from WWIIAircraft performance (http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/p-47/comp-p47dmn.jpg), the takeoff weight is 12,731 lbs. That said, the same report lists the P-47M, with 2800hp WEP as having a 367mph (587.2) top speed at sl, so it does look like the plane's going faster than it should be at sea level.

We will want to nail down aircraft loaded weight, and the presence and absence of pylons, and whether that does anything, to zero in on the exact issue.

*I just noticed that it looks like your water pressure gauge is showing a reading. I haven't had a chance to get on yet, since the patch, but I'm wondering if the automatic WI parts just got implemented?

The to bat-plane!

Was that test carried out in Channel map? If so remember it's currently fixed at 0ºC despite ME setting, and that has something to say about IAS/TAS conversion even at sea level.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Chasing it @600kph IAS @ sea level won't catch it.. :)

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

just noticed that it looks like your water pressure gauge is showing a reading. I haven't had a chance to get on yet, since the patch, but I'm wondering if the automatic WI parts just got implemented?

The to bat-plane!

I thought the water pressure gauge is the one on the right? And vacuum on the left?