Mustang - CAN'T RAISE FLAPS

michelip

I have been flying the Mustang with no flap problems since it was released . Since the last stable update I notice that the P-51, whether starting on the ground or in the air, has its flaps fully extended. When I try to raise them, they will not retract. They remain down for the whole mission.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Mich.

Either you are over speeding them and damaging them, which is preventing them from retracting or your landing gear fairing door emergency release handle is pulled out. (Red handle just above the hydraulic pressure gauge) Although this would also not allow your gear to retract.

Also check your flap key bindings are still set properly. Updates have been known to mess these up sometimes.

Edited by Mike Busutil

Thanks for your suggestions Mike & Carbheat,

The hydraulic pressure release is not the cause. Nor will flaps retract with parking brake off on ground. Overspeeding the flaps is beyond my control when mission begins airborne, because they are fully down at mission start with airspeed of 240 knots. This is the crux of the problem: WHY are they down on a flying aircraft at mission start? Can't get them up even with the default key mapping for retraction of flaps.

I'll try yet another DCS repair, but if anyone shares this bug I'd like to hear from you.

Mich.

If you have your settings to read your controllers settings on spawn in, then your flaps can be down, otherwise they would be up.

If you DO have this set, just be sure your flaps switch is set so that they are up when you airspawn and should fix the issue.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for your suggestions Mike & Carbheat,

The hydraulic pressure release is not the cause. Nor will flaps retract with parking brake off on ground. Overspeeding the flaps is beyond my control when mission begins airborne, because they are fully down at mission start with airspeed of 240 knots. This is the crux of the problem: WHY are they down on a flying aircraft at mission start? Can't get them up even with the default key mapping for retraction of flaps.

I'll try yet another DCS repair, but if anyone shares this bug I'd like to hear from you.

Mich.

Check you control bindings. The yellow lever on the left rear of the throttle is your flap lever. You can use mouse to click on it till it's all the way up.

Edited by Snapage

Mine always starts with flaps up, and there are no issues going up and down with them. I have them set to a switch on the throttle.

If they start down look at your flaps immediately after spawning and check if they're in motion. Agree with the people who say controller binding. I get in trouble if I don't make sure my gear switch isn't up when I spawn...

Thanks Snapage & Raisuli,

I 've tried to lift flaps lever with mouse. It moves up but springs back when mouse button released.

Flaps are mapped to my CH throttles switches. Never had problems before version 2.5.6, but I accept that could be coincidental.

Have sought help from User Support and have followed their advice, but so far no luck.

Mich.

Thanks Snapage & Raisuli,

I 've tried to lift flaps lever with mouse. It moves up but springs back when mouse button released.

Flaps are mapped to my CH throttles switches. Never had problems before version 2.5.6, but I accept that could be coincidental.

Have sought help from User Support and have followed their advice, but so far no luck.

Mich.

Re-bind ?

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Flaps on the Mustang can be mapped to analogue axis, it sounds to me like it could be mapped to one which happened to be in the down position. Just a thought.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat