AI Minimum altitude?

stormrider

Currently DCS AI can't go below 90ft AGL, which is quite high most of the time for helicopters and quite far from the reported tree-top and nap-of-the-earth levels. Are there going to be any improvement to that coming with this module?

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

Hey Stormridersp,

I will look in to this, right now I do not know if this is module specific or DCS core engine related.

If it is module specific, it is something we can adjust. If it is coded in to the (AI) engine it would be up to ED to change this.

Community Manager Account

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Discord - Facebook - Gazelle sitreps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Stormridersp,

I will look in to this, right now I do not know if this is module specific or DCS core engine related.

If it is module specific, it is something we can adjust. If it is coded in to the (AI) engine it would be up to ED to change this.

Thank you.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

It is core related, the work around is to use MSL i.e. terrain is 32ft msl, set waypoint altitude to 82ft Mel so the ai flies 50ft agl.

It's an old bug with the ME when setting waypoint heights using AGL

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

It is core related, the work around is to use MSL i.e. terrain is 32ft msl, set waypoint altitude to 82ft Mel so the ai flies 50ft agl.

It's an old bug with the ME when setting waypoint heights using AGL

I had the impression that it would still use 90ft as the minimum. Are you sure that the AI will fly at a MSL lower than 90ft AGL?

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

I had the impression that it would still use 90ft as the minimum. Are you sure that the AI will fly at a MSL lower than 90ft AGL?

The AI can't fly at "nap of the earth", only contour - in the case of the Gazelle that equals 66 ft (20m) flying over the sea.

Tested Open Beta 2.5.6.50979 with a "planned" altitude of 40ft.

Note I normally plan AI helicopters to fly 500ft (150m) AGL when following valleys, etc. as otherwise they'll often randomly cash enroute, YMMV.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

The AI can't fly at "nap of the earth", only contour - in the case of the Gazelle that equals 66 ft (20m) flying over the sea.

Tested Open Beta 2.5.6.50979 with a "planned" altitude of 40ft.

Note I normally plan AI helicopters to fly 500ft (150m) AGL when following valleys, etc. as otherwise they'll often randomly cash enroute, YMMV.

Thank you

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

This is why I do not take AI pilots with me on any missions if I can help it.

In the Gazelle, I set the radar altimeter alarm to 10 metres and if the alarm red light goes out then I am well into the danger zone and deserve to be shot down.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.