Turbine not acting as supposed to

grafspee

Recently i was cursing at alt, I run out of fuel in aux tank, so my engine quit.

But apparently turbine is supplied with magic exhaust gases, despite the fact the engine was no longer producing any gases, turbine stayed at high rpm providing boost for engine.

So not much in depth simulation i see here.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Did the propeller stop spinning? As long as the prop is turning it's still acting as an air pump, so I'd expect you'd still see pressure at the exhaust, albeit I'd expect not as much as when it's firing.

The question's going to be how to convert the back-pressure into rotation resistance, and it would likely need a unique feedback loop for it.

That said, when I last got my engine on the wrong tank, I wasn't paying attention to the turbine speed, so would be an interesting test to see how long the turbine spins, and how it reacts.

Did the propeller stop spinning? As long as the prop is turning it's still acting as an air pump, so I'd expect you'd still see pressure at the exhaust, albeit I'd expect not as much as when it's firing.

The question's going to be how to convert the back-pressure into rotation resistance, and it would likely need a unique feedback loop for it.

That said, when I last got my engine on the wrong tank, I wasn't paying attention to the turbine speed, so would be an interesting test to see how long the turbine spins, and how it reacts.

I actually tested this a bit last night, the turbo spins for as long as you keep the prop spinning.

If you use the prop leaver to reduce the rpm of the engine, the turbo at first speeds up a little then slows down again. but it does not stop unless you reduce the turbo leaver.

I only had a few minutes to test, so this might not be fully accurate.

Cheers.

Prop didn't stop, As soon engine run out of gas, gas generation level should drop significantly resulting in turbocharger RPM to drop.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor