Operation Hot Chocolate Mission Update and Expansion

Datek

A single player mission experience updated for the P-51, FW 190, BF 109, and now available the F-86 and Mig-15. A multiplayer version including all of these aircraft (2 of each type) is also now available.

Mission briefing example (Mustang Edition)

You are a civilian pilot contracted by the CIA. Normally they have you flying mysterious cargo around in old prop driven cargo planes, but today they have a special mission for you. A WW2 era American fighter was recently confiscated from a local crime lord who was a WW2 buff and collector. We need it transferred to our team stationed at Kutaisi airfield. It has a couple bombs attached to it and we don't have a qualified crew here to remove it, or an EOD team to dispose of them, so they are going along for the ride with you. Fly the confiscated P-51D and the bombs from Vaziani airfield to Kutaisi airfield. Follow any additional instructions from your handler.

Total mission time approx 45 min-1 hour. Cold start from the ramp, take off, navigate using waypoints, land, and taxi to the specified area. Additional instructions will be provided. Includes a ground attack, a story, and a little humor. Fully voiced. *Installation instructions: Download and place the file in C:/users/(username)/Saved Games/DCS/Missions

Update 12/2016 Adjusted the wind to get ATC on board with the correct taxiway, blocked the wrong taxiway with a cargo plane, added some theme music, and cleaned up a few minor issues.

Update 11/2016 Operation Hot Chocolate just got hotter…

- Added well-spoken Scottish voice actor ‘Deephack’ as Darkwing. https://www.youtube.com/user/deephack

- Added 39 additional lines of voice acting.

- Added package delivery notification.

- Added Bullwinkle’s Command Post.

- Added a surveillance drone.

- Added a soldier to the taxiway.

- Added a few troops to the target area. Trucks will not disperse now.

- Changed some vehicle types and nationalities, and adjusted some of their positions.

- Adjusted some of the waypoint positions.

- Modified the radio channels and briefing.

- Removed the optional objective ‘fire a flare’ requirement from the BF-109 version.

- Secret Squirrel has dismounted her vehicle wearing her best Russian Paratrooper disguise.

Please use this thread to provide feedback and report any bugs. Enjoy!

Mustang Edition https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2098242/

Dora Edition https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2099307/

Kurfurst Edition https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2092193/

Sabre Edition https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2190081/

Fagot Edition https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2190085/

Multiplayer Edition https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2190300/

Edited by Datek
Formatting and grammar.
  • Like 1

Hmmm, missed this the first time around, will have to download and check it out when I get home tonight. Thanks for sharing!

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Hey Datek, flew this last night. Nice fun little mission that doesn't take itself too seriously. Had a couple minor issues..taxied to 14 instead of 32 (don't remember what ATC said) and consequently didn't get the first message from Bullwinkle until I was airborne. Maybe put a second zone at the threshold of 14 using an OR condition.

VOs were entertaining and the radio beeps were nice, but you might consider applying a filter to the sound files to make them sound a bit more like a radio transmission/earpiece.

All in all a good time, thanks for sharing!

Hey Datek, flew this last night. Nice fun little mission that doesn't take itself too seriously. Had a couple minor issues..taxied to 14 instead of 32 (don't remember what ATC said) and consequently didn't get the first message from Bullwinkle until I was airborne. Maybe put a second zone at the threshold of 14 using an OR condition.

VOs were entertaining and the radio beeps were nice, but you might consider applying a filter to the sound files to make them sound a bit more like a radio transmission/earpiece.

All in all a good time, thanks for sharing!

Awesome feedback, thanks! I put a truck and some cargo on the ramp to try to direct you to my triggered taxi way. Maybe I can redirect the wind to get ATC on board with the plan. I'll start using the filters more in the future for voice overs.

Great Mission, enjoyed the voice-overs. Entertaining flight. Got the dust off the Sabre and the Mustang. Tell your girlfriend, SORRY >> I ate the Chocolates... LOL. Fun mission, thanks for sharing and don't be shy to make more like that. Also managed to nail the take off and made a no bounce 3 point landing for the first time in the Mustang.... Yeah Baby!!

Cheers

• Like 1

Rotor57

My Rig; Intel i7 3770K @ 3.5_32GB RAM_GTX 1080 _X55 Rhino Throttle_TM_Warthog Flight Stick_TM Pedals_28" 4K Eyeball Bleeding Monitor::doh:

Take off is optional, landing is not::pilotfly:

FC3; CA; NTTR; P51; Spitfire; F86F; Mig15; F5; KA-50; AJS 37 Viggen; UH-1H; F18C; A10-C;M2000;AV8B-N/A;Christen Eagle;

Great Mission, enjoyed the voice-overs. Entertaining flight. Got the dust off the Sabre and the Mustang. Tell your girlfriend, SORRY >> I ate the Chocolates... LOL. Fun mission, thanks for sharing and don't be shy to make more like that. Also managed to nail the take off and made a no bounce 3 point landing for the first time in the Mustang.... Yeah Baby!!

Cheers

Thanks Rotor57, I'm glad you enjoyed it! Secret Squirrel is not going to be happy that you ate her chocolates, and she is a very resourceful lady, so you might want to lay low for a while. Congrats on the no bounce 3 point Mustang landing- not an easy feat and something to be proud of.

I was trying to lay low but I think she found me. Either she is taking the package before I get it or something is up with the mission or my config. since last time I flew it. Tried in both mustang and sabre. Trigger to get package not working. Went to first waypoint without package and no other trigger either. Tried to attach track file but I need a token of security....

I knew I shouldn't have pissed her off like that.. LOL Not a big thing. lots of other distractions.. (Spitfire) to keep me busy....

Cheers

Rotor57

My Rig; Intel i7 3770K @ 3.5_32GB RAM_GTX 1080 _X55 Rhino Throttle_TM_Warthog Flight Stick_TM Pedals_28" 4K Eyeball Bleeding Monitor::doh:

FC3; CA; NTTR; P51; Spitfire; F86F; Mig15; F5; KA-50; AJS 37 Viggen; UH-1H; F18C; A10-C;M2000;AV8B-N/A;Christen Eagle;

I was trying to lay low but I think she found me. Either she is taking the package before I get it or something is up with the mission or my config. since last time I flew it. Tried in both mustang and sabre. Trigger to get package not working. Went to first waypoint without package and no other trigger either. Tried to attach track file but I need a token of security....

I knew I shouldn't have pissed her off like that.. LOL Not a big thing. lots of other distractions.. (Spitfire) to keep me busy....

Cheers

The last DCS update (12/16) broke mission triggers for all missions, so we will have to wait for a hotfix or patch until our missions work again. This may or may not have happened as a result of your actions regarding Secret Squirrels chocolates. We may never know the whole story.

The last DCS update (12/16) broke mission triggers for all missions, so we will have to wait for a hotfix or patch until our missions work again. This may or may not have happened as a result of your actions regarding Secret Squirrels chocolates. We may never know the whole story.

I thought there was a conspiracy theory going on....That will save me redoing lots of missions due to lack of success:huh: since there is some other likely suspect...

Thanks for quick reply...

Cheers

Rotor57

I thought there was a conspiracy theory going on....That will save me redoing lots of missions due to lack of success:huh: since there is some other likely suspect...

Thanks for quick reply...

Cheers

Yea it's any mission that uses 'part of group in zone' which is what I use for all my missions. Hopefully they will hotfix it since that probably breaks most missions available. I suspect some sort of Illuminati plot has caused all this chaos.

• Like 1

UNIT INSIDE ZONE is still working in both single player and multiplayer, if you feel like rewriting triggers, but I am betting this will get a fix sooner rather than later.

I fixed all the single player missions by changing group to unit, which is how I should have done them from the beginning anyway. They are all updated and ready for download now.

The multiplayer version is still on group since there are groups of 2 planes for each type, so that one will be broken until the bug is patched.

Thanks for making the mission work properly again. Nice touch with the addition to the mission. Its not a major thing but makes for immersion and entertainment... Well Done...

(only tried it in the P51D ) the mission worked flawlessly...

I anxiously await more of your creations...

Cheers

Rotor57

Thanks for making the mission work properly again. Nice touch with the addition to the mission. Its not a major thing but makes for immersion and entertainment... Well Done...

(only tried it in the P51D ) the mission worked flawlessly...

I anxiously await more of your creations...

Cheers

Thanks! You might also like the Santa's Helper mission for the Mi-8: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=178498

Nothing like hearing the intro and final tunes while sitting in a British Icon. Hope you don't mind, as I copied and edited your "Operation Hot Chocolate Mission" and replaced the Mustang with the Spit. Since the Spit is a pain to taxi I changed the start to runway and it tripped both triggers just fine. Highly recommend landing at the far end of the runway. It will save a very long taxi for a nice cup of Hot Chocolate.... Woooot.

Thanks again for sharing your excellent creations.

Cheers and Merry Christmas to you and your family of Spies.

Rotor57

Nothing like hearing the intro and final tunes while sitting in a British Icon. Hope you don't mind, as I copied and edited your "Operation Hot Chocolate Mission" and replaced the Mustang with the Spit. Since the Spit is a pain to taxi I changed the start to runway and it tripped both triggers just fine. Highly recommend landing at the far end of the runway. It will save a very long taxi for a nice cup of Hot Chocolate.... Woooot.

Thanks again for sharing your excellent creations.

Cheers and Merry Christmas to you and your family of Spies.

I don't mind at all. I plan on putting a Spitfire version up soon, but sadly it can't be armed with bombs yet. Merry Christmas from me and Secret Squirrel!

I don't mind at all. I plan on putting a Spitfire version up soon, but sadly it can't be armed with bombs yet.

Two strafing passes with the Spit and I was on my way to enjoy a nice Hot Chocolate and a couple of stiff drinks..... Actually I think I took more time to hit the targets in the other birds... LOL>

Any and all missions you provide are much appreciated. I have a hard enough time learning to fly, land, set-up controllers, and figure out all the different aircraft in my hanger. Mission editor is pretty user friendly I must say. But still more than I could do to come close to your productions...

Cheers

Rotor57