The definition of DCS?

I don't really care about branding, just about having the Pros in ED building truly realistic simulatios to the best of their efforts to the best of our enjoyment. An honest and special relationship, you know, we're not kids anymore.

Westinghouse W-600 refrigerator - Corona six-pack - Marlboro reds - Patience by Girlfriend

"Engineering is the art of modelling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyse so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance." (Dr. A. R. Dykes - British Institution of Structural Engineers, 1976)

The guys running the show over here seem to have a grand master plan that seems to be working. Just because Wags mentions that there is a possibility not ALL planes will have A-10C level accuracy, many will (and many may not). I'm pulling this out of my butt here, but lets say 1 in ever 4 airframes that gets released is an A10C equal in terms of accuracy. But if we want a Longbow, or an F-15E or even Superbug, then attaining that level of classified information may be impossible.

I like the choice, of course highest fidelity is ideal, but I can see and be entertained by varying levels of fidelity. Ultimately it will be within multiplayer parameters to govern what airframes are mixed with what. Of course I will be a bit more cautious buying from third party developers vs ED directly (wait for reviews, youtube gameplay references etc).

This is most definitely not a bad thing, more choices is never bad thing in a sandbox.

• Like 1

The guys running the show over here seem to have a grand master plan that seems to be working. Just because Wags mentions that there is a possibility not ALL planes will have A-10C level accuracy, many will (and many may not). I'm pulling this out of my butt here, but lets say 1 in ever 4 airframes that gets released is an A10C equal in terms of accuracy. But if we want a Longbow, or an F-15E or even Superbug, then attaining that level of classified information may be impossible.

I like the choice, of course highest fidelity is ideal, but I can see and be entertained by varying levels of fidelity. Ultimately it will be within multiplayer parameters to govern what airframes are mixed with what. Of course I will be a bit more cautious buying from third party developers vs ED directly (wait for reviews, youtube gameplay references etc).

This is most definitely not a bad thing, more choices is never bad thing in a sandbox.

Hi, I hear you, your reputation proceeds you :thumbup:

Still hoping and nudging along;)

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

I was always under the (perhaps false) impression that the DCS series would be completely separate from older and or less complex aircraft models and that DCS: BS and DCS: A-10C was just the first two in a long series of modules with the same level of complexity and realism.

There is something to be said for a sim where everything conforms to the same standard.

As it stands now will we ever be able to tell whether two aircraft are made to the same standards? I can't see how. Can we even trust ED to create their modules to the same standard or will the next module be a fighter with arcade flightmodel and avionics to attract casual gamers?

For me the move to start incorporating "lesser" aircraft into the series was quite a surprise and sadly something I see as a devaluation of the DCS product and name. :noexpression:

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5