Can you exit the cockpit without bailing out?

SnakeBT6

...without bailing out in either DCS world?...
Unfortunately, no.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

On the ground with the canopy open, just CTRL-E, E, E and you'll hop out. You can even walk around with the joystick and use the rudders to turn left or right. Works in the Spitfire.

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick

On the ground with the canopy open, just CTRL-E, E, E and you'll hop out. You can even walk around with the joystick and use the rudders to turn left or right. Works in the Spitfire.

Just tried this in the P-51 and it works good. You can use F1 and F2 and do anything you want with joystick and rudders as was said. Pretty cool!

Buzz

That only works in WWII aircraft. What you are seeing is the WWII ejection animation but since you are on the ground it just works that way. Of course, you are in capable of re-entering the aircraft so it is of limited value.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

That only works in WWII aircraft. What you are seeing is the WWII ejection animation but since you are on the ground it just works that way. Of course, you are in capable of re-entering the aircraft so it is of limited value.

I think what you would have to do is spawn an aircraft just for the purpose of ejecting from it, then when you are ready to fly, F2 view the desired aircraft and use the "jump" command to fly it. You'll probably have to set the group that you intend to fly as as uncontrolled in the mission editor so it doesn't take off without you. I don't know if you will need to use an engine start trigger to get the AI to activate when you start up your plane.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Once you do get out and if you want to walk around, it is just too cumbersome to control and way to slow. It would be cool if you could jog or run with more fluid control. Also, better animations would help.

It would also be cool if you could walk/run over to and enter a vehicle at that point and drive around the base or countryside.

I could see value in this type of improvement when we are able to walk around on the carrier, that is, if that is to be a thing which has been vaguely implied for the new carriers.

Ah the wishlist...

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Ctrl+E, E, E w/canopy open and engines off = ejection (SU-25)

Alt + J = placement of POV outside of cockpit, near left stab. Unable to "walk". Alt + J again places POV back into cockpit. (SU-25)

There are are few times this would be fun, exploring Area 51, watching a/c taxi and takeoff, etc. Being "on foot" rather than "disembodied" would be more immersive.

• 1 month later...

Hi fellow pilots,

It would be awesome once you parked your aircraft to be able to walk around and even take a car or another vehicle to move around the airport. Maybe even go in a briefing room and get ready for your next mission. When you edit a mission with AI aircrafts, when they come back to base and park, the pilot exit the cockpit and stand in front of the plane for few Minutes and then disappear. Is there a way to activate this with your own aircraft or only ai can do that ?

Enjoy your Sunday

BOOMer

Edited by Basilem84

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BOOMerCH - virtual Swiss Air Force pilot and real Swiss Air Force soldier

Now after the Su-33 PFM is released, for me this is perhaps the most important feature that should be added. It dosn't have to be like ArmA, i only want to hop in and out of vehicles and aircrafts, to look at all the beautiful models and maps we have in dcs world. My dream is to land a aircraft on a rainy day, get to parkposition, shutdown the systems, and then get out of the aircraft, walk around to check if everything is okay and drive away with a jeep that is parked near the aircraft.

Bye, Smith

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-9600K @5ghz, 11GB ZOTAC GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Twin Fan, 32GB (2x 16384MB) Corsair Vengeance LPX schwarz DDR4-3000 DIMM, 1000GB WD Black SN750 Gaming M.2, HP Reverb HMD, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, Realsimulator FSSB R3 Stickbase, TM TPR pedals

Now after the Su-33 PFM is released, for me this is perhaps the most important feature that should be added. It dosn't have to be like ArmA, i only want to hop in and out of vehicles and aircrafts, to look at all the beautiful models and maps we have in dcs world. My dream is to land a aircraft on a rainy day, get to parkposition, shutdown the systems, and then get out of the aircraft, walk around to check if everything is okay and drive away with a jeep that is parked near the aircraft.

That would be really awesome yes. Please ED study this features. You already have almost everything in your hands.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Right Alt-J to exit the aircraft you are in or enter the aircraft that is selected in the F2 view. I think it is called the "Jump In/Out" command in the control setup.

slyfly

It's a long time since that worked, think it went after v1.2

IIRC the command harks back to Lock On & maybe early v1.0 builds where you could Jump in / Jump Out and walk around and up to any other player flyable aircraft on the ground and hop in and take control again, that or it was all a dream or another sim :D )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

It is still possible to use the alt-J key but you can't walk around it is just to jump to another flyable aircraft in certain missions but you can't walk around sadly :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...
On 4/21/2023 at 10:13 AM, Assamita said:

I think you can't bail out of the plane anymore. I have done it in the past, but Ctr+E (3 times) in the ground, canopy open, engines off doesn't work anymore, not in the hornet at least.

Works in warbirds.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria