Everyone's been pretty quiet so far

• MB: MPG Z790 EDGE WIFI
  • Memory: WD Black SN850X 2TB PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2
  • CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K Desktop Processor 24 cores (8P+16E) 36M Cache
  • EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090
  • TrackIR on Samsung 49 inch Odyssey Widescreen
  • No money in my pocket lol

Wags released the exact same video again on his YT channel just a few days ago..... Not sure what kind of hint he's trying to drop but not holding my breath either.

• EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090

No worries. Better to get it right than make people pay for an inferior product and suffer the backlash.

Edited by NineLine
Removed 1.15
  • EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090

Where did you get that? Dec 21st is the 1st day of winter.

Can't believe that's being quibbled, but google 'Autumn dates' and it'll say it ends on Dec 21st / 22nd depending on where you are in the world (for me it says 22nd as I'm UTC+8, if I say I'm in UTC+0 it says 21st). They were a day early with the Hornet, so exact definitions of when Autumn ends probably won't matter in the end.

The seasons change on the 21st or 22nd of every third month. Plain and simple lol.

• EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090

;) Denmark ftw!

Seasons begin and end on different dates in different countries.

In the United States, people say the seasons begin at the solstices and equinoxes. The summer solstice is the longest day of the year, and the winter solstice is the shortest. The equinox is the time when the day and the night are the same number of hours, assuming the sun were a point of light at its center. Since civil dawn occurs when the edge of the sun first appears over the horizon and civil dusk occurs when the edge drops over the horizon, the civil length of day is 12 hours long several days prior to the equinoxes. In the USA, summer begins at summer solstice, winter at winter solstice, spring at the spring (vernal) equinox and autumn at the autumnal equinox.

In Britain, people traditionally say that the seasons begin about seven weeks earlier: spring begins on Candlemas (February 2), summer on May Day (May 1), autumn on Lammas (August 1), and winter on All Hallows (November 1). These are near the cross-quarter days halfway between the solstices and the equinoxes. The Irish calendar is similar, but Spring begins on February 1.

In Denmark, spring begins on March 1, summer on June 1, autumn on September 1 and winter on December 1. In Australia, summer begins on December 1, autumn on March 1, winter on June 1, and spring on September 1.

In the Chinese calendar and the Northern parts of India, the solstices and equinoxes are in the middle of each season. Summer happens in the hemisphere tilted towards the sun.

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Season
Edited by Katmandu

• 3 weeks later...

Strange I didn't realize there's any other than the Denmark/Australia system. And even that is not much of a hard and fast reference, for starters the weather can be just about anything.

I know in parts of Estonia the 5th season is high water/flood. But 5-6 seasons, how do you manage that?

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

Shouldn't there be more information released if the product is going to be available in just a month more? Or maybe they're going with the odd seasons?

I mean... if I can only get this by Christmas then I'll be waiting for Christmas as well :D

ED should probably post a FAQ since "a few" people are confused by things, and obviously there's a few open questions.

Will it be offered as early access or fully featured when it's released?

How does map compatibility work? Full compatibility I hope? At least if you create missions and have full version, limited version or both, all of the players that have full version, limited version or both can play it, assuming you created with "limited version" setting?

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

Whenever it gets released, it will be the biggest turkey shoot on servers EVER.

Good point... This may backfire on ED if the intention is to generate more interest. Casual players want to fly and learn, not fly for a few mins and then get shot down. There should be training servers for noobs or a strong recommendation that noobs stick to Single player until they are up to speed on everything.

• EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090

Sorry but I do not like "MAC", simplify all planes for arcade players, it disgusts me!

I want the opposite that non-clickable modules have more and more cockpit function and annimation to get closer to reality.

I'm persoid that commercially people would more easily buying the FC3 modules if it were more complete with beautiful HD texture!

Real War, Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCs1uki5QsyuHUdvtmWJTOg?view_as=subscriber

Real War, Voice Chat: https://discord.gg/UGa3KMe

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry but I do not like "MAC", simplify all planes for arcade players, it disgusts me!

It's been discussed over and over. MAC is not for everyone and not for you as we can see. It's a product to get more players, ease out the start for beginners, get more popular and make money out of it. If you don't want it nobody is going to force you to buy it. What other things you want instead you can talk about on the Wishlist forum corner.

Mind you all of the aircrafts have professional flight model - so arcade FM is just an option.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Good point... This may backfire on ED if the intention is to generate more interest. Casual players want to fly and learn, not fly for a few mins and then get shot down. There should be training servers for noobs or a strong recommendation that noobs stick to Single player until they are up to speed on everything.

Also in games with steep learning curves new players are typically better off if they join groups with more experienced players. DCS Finland runs servers where new players can learn advanced aircraft at their own pace in a supportive environment. There's even an option to insta-spawn mid-air with a full AA loadout and I guess nothing stops ED from running official servers like that. It would be best to set the scene for newbies before people from Steam sales start flowing in.

It's been discussed over and over. MAC is not for everyone and not for you as we can see. It's a product to get more players, ease out the start for beginners, get more popular and make money out of it. If you don't want it nobody is going to force you to buy it. What other things you want instead you can talk about on the Wishlist forum corner.

Mind you all of the aircrafts have professional flight model - so arcade FM is just an option.

Draconus is spot on I think. Also the aspect of fleshing out the tactical environment with a wider selection of aircraft and the simplified versions being a soft of a demo for the full high fidelity modules.

By this point ED&partners are doing a lot of development that doesn't suit everyone's tastes. Modern planes, training planes, WW2, helicopters, legacy jets, desert maps, ground warfare and even civilian planes, which some players have 0 interest in. More customers grows the franchise and leads to more funding and motivation for the core engine development, addressing multiplayer issues, making combined arms workable... aspects which you can't buy in the store but which make every module more valuable.

Whenever it gets released, it will be the biggest turkey shoot on servers EVER.

Don't think so. MP server UI in DCS world is so bad that people who want to play MP in populated servers will have to search for info anyway.

Oh and by the way, first time is always hard for anyone, even for the best player in the world. In my first blue flag experience I was shot down twice without even knowing what hit me. 2 days later I was stalking helos and killing low altitude jets in a Gazelle.

I'm still really bad at A2A (I prefer ground pounding) but you don't even need to be good at it. Just install SRS, and learn how to communicate with your team mates.

Multiplayer 1.0.1.

DCS community is friendly enough to teach most of the new MAC players the basics. And they will be spamraaming your arse in a few days! :megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

November 1st and nothing but crickets :noexpression:

• EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090