500 Missions for the L-39 (C and ZA)

emolina

Hi everyone, long story short I made a thing that made 500 missions for the L-39.

The long story is here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=172869

This could be an interesting flight!

The 'Interesting Flights' system is a generator of sort-of-random missions aimed at making sure you never have to fly the same mission twice. They are interesting because you don't know what's going to happen in them. Every mission is different. The flight plan for each mission is generated just for that mission. There is no combat but there IS scoring.

The flight plan is complete, well annotated, and can be found on your kneeboard.

Below you will find the download link, there are 100 missions in the 'annotated' directory. Their filename gives you some clues about what will happen during the mission (format explained in the post linked above). There are 400 missions in the 'interesting' directory, they don't tell you anything except their difficulty.

The message linked above explains the system, its goals, and what you will find in each mission. It's fairly long! I hope you enjoy it.

Mission Briefing

Look at the weather forecast on your kneeboard, then checkout the flight plan details.

The aim of these missions is to get the aircraft safely back on the ground, sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's hard, sometimes you shouldn't even fly.

You'll get a higher score if you meet the take off and landing times shown in your flight plan. Down to the second.

Make sure there isn't anything wrong with your aircraft during startup.

You are not supposed to complete all the 'Interesting Flights', for many, you shouldn't even take off! A lot of the higher numbered flights are just not safe.

Make sure the weather and your aircraft are suitable. If not, download another flight. Or download a bunch of them in the first place so you can go trough them quickly.

There are plenty there, no reason to ever fly one twice. So don't, they are a lot more fun if you don't know what's going to happen.

During the flight you can use the 'F10' radio menu to find out:

• Your score for the mission so far.
  • What you are expected to do next.
  • Get a helping hand by seeing your ground speed and the elapsed mission time down to the second.

You will not experience or see any combat during this flight.

'Interesting Flights' uses the MOOSE scripting framework and Open Maps.

Screen_160917_000137.jpg

Screen_160917_000153.jpg

Screen_160917_000200.jpg

Screen_160917_000420.jpg

WHERE TO GET THE MISSIONS FROM

Please read the thread linked above if you don't know what this is all about! You can download the missions from a shared DropBox folder here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mzic1uoxnyofgm3/AADJTks7pN0nmj1CqpmqUy5oa?dl=0

Edited by emolina

Hi everyone, although I don't own the L-39 I wanted to make my generator work with it.

I had some help in the 'Interesting Missions' main thread from lots of members that provided me with mission templates for each aircraft. I was able to use those templates to generate the missions BUT as I don't own the L-39 module I wasn't able to get any screenshots.

So I've used screenshots taken in modules that I DO have, I would love it if someone could post some screenshots of the maps, frequencies and flight plan in the L-39 so I could update the first post with real L-39 screenshots.

I would love it if someone could post some screenshots of the maps, frequencies and flight plan in the L-39 so I could update the first post with real L-39 screenshots.

Thanks for adding the L-39 to your list of supported aircraft.

Note: The radio channels run from 0 to 19, not 1 to 20 as listed on the kneeboard page (the order is correct) and channel 0 (305.00 MHz in this example) is usually the flight frequency (not sure where the line "Your flight - 225MHz" is derived?)

So Channel 1 (256 MHz) is the departure airfield and Channel 2 (260 MHz) the destination airfield.

Screen_160917_000137.thumb.jpg.44d8d53fd2e881da432a833e07cf0aa4.jpg

Screen_160917_000153.thumb.jpg.78d6fe76962a18e1d6a5cbc8c2af5c91.jpg

Screen_160917_000200.thumb.jpg.01e1c1372db28a9e7f08d39fdbf12ec8.jpg

Screen_160917_000420.thumb.jpg.ffdff26e470b4f5f993adedd30b3d851.jpg

L-39_Radio_Channels_Run_0_to_19.thumb.jpg.7d8d23e13009c5c49bfcd00b327d874b.jpg

Edited by Ramsay
Add info on radio channels

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Ok, I got the flight frequency from the group.frequency attribute for the flight.

I've noticed that some aircraft do weird things with their own flight frequency so from now on I'll just show your own frequency to be whatever channel 0 is.

I think that will work well, thanks again for taking the time to post the screenshots.

Hi Emolina,

thanks for your hard work and these excellent missions. I've flown number 1-4 so far. My problem is, since the mission briefing doesn't tell you anything about the upcoming flight, you have to start the mission itself, then look onto your kneeboard, and then start preparing your flight. Maybe it's just me, but when I'm finished with preparing the flight and having my aircraft spooled up and ready, some 20 minutes are gone and my score will be 0/100 because I'm just too late for take-off ;)

Maybe (in future projects) you could add "precise" mission briefings, so one could prepare the flight before actually hopping into the cockpit? Just a suggestion though :)

Mancher zum Meister sich erklärt, dem nie das Handwerk ward gelehrt!

I usually plan 5 min startup + 5 min taxi + 5 min briefing/leeway for MP take-offs for missions with waypoint timings, tot, etc.

However the actual time taken is situational and a new mission could take 30 minutes or 10 minutes for a ramp start close to a runway be excessive.

What's right for the mission depends on the pilots experience and if the flight should be easy or have an element of pressure/time management.

I treat the 'Interesting Missions' as navigation exercises, so don't get fazed by the timings and just monitor my timing in the same way a golfer might monitor under/over par strokes.

Just for comparison, I plan A-10C flights with 10 min startup + 5 min taxi + 5 min briefing/leeway.

YMMV

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Can I ask, how much time does the looking at the flight on the kneeboard take and how much of the 20 minutes is just getting the L-39 up and running?

Usually I make some notes (radio channels, headings, NDB frequencies,...) which may take 5-6 min; starting the L-39 (incl. checking the temps, pressures and warning lights + dialing the NDB frequencies) takes me about 10 min and taxiing also takes some minutes.

I know, for me these missions are also just training, and I shouldn't care about the time. But somehow it really grinds my gears when I'm late (just like in real life) :D

Hmm, ok, I think if you are going to make your own notes then yes, 10 minutes may not be enough. I have been trying to make it so that the kneeboard has everything you need but I can't really rely on that! everyone has different ways of doing things.

If I bump up the time from mission start to take-off to 15 minutes, would that be enough for you do you think?

I definitely would like you to care about time! for me that's a big part of the experience.

If I bump up the time from mission start to take-off to 15 minutes, would that be enough for you do you think?

That would help, but you really don't have to do that for one single person :) Thanks for that excellent support! :thumbup:

Edit: The kneeboard has everything I need, don't worry about that. I just don't like to flip dozens of pages around during the flight (I have some custom kneeboard pages with radio channels, approach directions, pin-up girls, bla bla bla); so I make notes to have everything I need at one glance.

Edited by portman