Aircraft carrier ready room

CheckGear

this sounds really great. I pretty much ONLY fly carrier ops with the hornet now. I love that feeling of spawning in the cockpit on the deck with the ships on station and the beautiful water flying by.

Having said that, if they are going to release a paid module (CV) with briefing station, etc I wish they could include:

1. the ability to WALK from the briefing room to the Hornet

2. actual crewmen on the carrier deck (red/green/blue/yellow/etc shirts) that guide you, rearm/refuel you, etc

3. more carrier aircraft eg. Seahawk (seeing the gazelle on the nearby destroyer or whatever is kinda offputting), E2 Hawkeye, C2 greyhound, etc

Also, giving a player the ability to steer the carrier sounds great in theory however with the amount of idiots online, I can quickly see this turning to poo.

1. Meanwhile actually you can walk with your pilot on land, the walk on a ship was planned some time ago with ED talking initially some years ago about the "carrier modules".

2. The Carrier Crew has in progress and actually some animated files has included internally into DCS.

3. Has plans to build a AI S-3 Tanker and some 3rd parties working on other AI units (Heatblur A-6/KA-6). About "pilotable" modules a SeaHawk can require implement realistic ASW warfare. No plans to a E-2, C-2 yet.

...2. The Carrier Crew has in progress and actually some animated files has included internally into DCS...

Yeah, I saw your youtube video a couple of months ago showing all those crew animations currently in DCS. Even saw some animations looks like repair men. Pretty cool.:thumbup:

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Higher fidelity simulation on the ships would be perfect imo. Adding in ASW with a Merlin and dipping SONAR, using the F-14 as an interceptor, carrier groups attack and defend.

Would open the potential for the games and the missions far more than any number of additional aircraft, definitely would be greater than the sum of its parts.

Sounds great and very promising. I don't want to be the "grumpy guy", but I hope they will not forget to implement better "naval ATC" that gives me the ship's speed and heading, a better "naval AI" that would, for example, turn the ship into the wind when you contact ATC for landing and then resume waypoints following, before giving the possibility to walk in the carrier. It would be great for sure, but it is no point if you have to make your carrier following a thousand mile line when creating a mission because otherwise it will not face the wind anymore

Hey Gents, I was so glad to see this post. I just saw the road map for 2019 and also heard about the carrier module recently. What really gets me excited is the future they would like to see happen with sea combat. Here is their road map for 2019

+ Carrier Modules (optional module):

-- New 3D model

-- Working elevator

-- interior hangar bays

-- animated ship systems

-- walk around interior ship (in progress)

- CVN-74 John C. Stennis (in progress)

-- Operable Air Boss station (in progress)

-- Briefing room (in progress)

-- CIC and Bridge (in progress)

-- Launch Catapult crew and animation (in progress)

-- Operable LSO station(in progress)

-- Living carrier deck (in progress)

But what really got me was beyond 2020. It really gives me hope these ideas are out there and being voiced. Especially with 3rd party Devs in the mix now. Really fired up about DCS future with Naval operations

- Sea environment:

-- Sonar engine (unknown)

-- Ports and Naval Basses (unknown)

-- AAW Warfare (unknown)

-- ASuW Warfare (unknown)

-- ASW Warfare (unknown)

-- Landing operations (unknown)

--- land to shore load / unload (unknown)

--- ship load / unload (unknown)

-- Sea convoy system (planned)

-- Mine warfare (unknown)

-- Ship module Pilot-able (planned)

-- TACAN on ships (planned)

-- Ship weapons control panel (Hope To)

-- Ability to fire ships main guns. (Hope To)

--- New naval gun ammunition's. (Hope To)

-- ECM (Hope To)

-- ECCM (Hope To)

-- Flare, chaff, decoy launchers (Hope To)

-- Carrier improvements

--- Marshal stack, case I,II,II recoveries, refuelling tankers, LSO, and deck activity (planned)

-- Submarine improvements

--- Ability to submerge / surface (planned)

--- Ability to fire on immersion (Hope To)

---Weapons:

-- Depth charges (unknown)

-- Torpedoes (unknown)

-- VT and other naval fusses. (Hope To)

Wow. Where did you get this list?

It's the unofficial roadmap that is stickied in the DCS World 2.5 subforum: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893

It is maintained by fellow community member Silver_Dragon who has a close eye on the forums and the activities of the devs here ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The above is correct. I found it on the forum where they update the road map every year. Good stuff. Really hope to see these projections make it into the game. Love the thought of actually being able to operate a ship and conduct warfare with one. Opens the door for A LOT of WW2 Navy stuff. Destroyers, Battleships, Subs, PT Boats ect.... The list would go on. Imagine a 3rd party dev taking on just Naval modules. Someday hopefully.

Checkout this video showcasing some deck crew animations.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

Pretty Good,

Hand motions seem low... and the poor guy has some kind of skin problem with all that scratching going on.

:lol:

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Thanks for sharing the video. Fired up with whats too come. Especially the crew standing next to the SH-60. I know we do not have one in the pipeline YET, but Polychop stated they were already working with two American manufactures on rights to helos. The two big ones that come to mind obviously are Bell and Lockheed Martin. Lockheed has the UH-60 and we know Bell has the Kiowa, Cobra, Huey, and Osprey.

If we got a UH-60/SH-60, it will be a good time for carrier operations. Especially when they start implementation of troop transports. Hopefully dropping off SEALS/SF or extracting out of hot zones. So many applicable scenarios they could be used in, especially with an inbound dynamic campaign. SAR operations for downed AI pilots to return to carrier or bases, troop transports, supply runs, medivac, ect....

Got off topic there, but I am excited ED and the 3rd parties are bringing more immersion to the sim with the ground crew. I just finished watching Jabbers Tomcat CAP patrol over the Persian Gulf. The pilot animation are amazing in the F-14. I really hope this becomes a standard for the rest of our modules. They are really leading from the front right now.

Keep the thread going. Enjoy hearing every ones feedback on this.

Hey Gents, I was so glad to see this post. I just saw the road map for 2019 and also heard about the carrier module recently. What really gets me excited is the future they would like to see happen with sea combat. Here is their road map for 2019

+ Carrier Modules (optional module):

-- New 3D model

-- Working elevator

-- interior hangar bays

-- animated ship systems

-- walk around interior ship (in progress)

- CVN-74 John C. Stennis (in progress)

-- Operable Air Boss station (in progress)

-- Briefing room (in progress)

-- CIC and Bridge (in progress)

-- Launch Catapult crew and animation (in progress)

-- Operable LSO station(in progress)

-- Living carrier deck (in progress)

But what really got me was beyond 2020. It really gives me hope these ideas are out there and being voiced. Especially with 3rd party Devs in the mix now. Really fired up about DCS future with Naval operations

- Sea environment:

-- Sonar engine (unknown)

-- Ports and Naval Basses (unknown)

-- AAW Warfare (unknown)

-- ASuW Warfare (unknown)

-- ASW Warfare (unknown)

-- Landing operations (unknown)

--- land to shore load / unload (unknown)

--- ship load / unload (unknown)

-- Sea convoy system (planned)

-- Mine warfare (unknown)

-- Ship module Pilot-able (planned)

-- TACAN on ships (planned)

-- Ship weapons control panel (Hope To)

-- Ability to fire ships main guns. (Hope To)

--- New naval gun ammunition's. (Hope To)

-- ECM (Hope To)

-- ECCM (Hope To)

-- Flare, chaff, decoy launchers (Hope To)

-- Carrier improvements

--- Marshal stack, case I,II,II recoveries, refuelling tankers, LSO, and deck activity (planned)

-- Submarine improvements

--- Ability to submerge / surface (planned)

--- Ability to fire on immersion (Hope To)

---Weapons:

-- Depth charges (unknown)

-- Torpedoes (unknown)

-- VT and other naval fusses. (Hope To)

This is beginning to look more and more like a U.S. Navy recruiting game. America's Navy, perhaps? :lol:

Just kidding. This looks incredible. I can't wait to see the end result. All of my wildest dreams are coming true!

Agreed. There are a lot of declassified Navy assets out there (vessels) that would be amazing to implement into DCS. I did not want to mention it because I see flak on the horizon, but there has not been a proper submarine simulator in a very long time. When I saw the above regarding subsurface interest and surfacing effects, sonar, ect... I got dirty thoughts. A DCS submarine module would make a killing! Especially if it had to avoid air assets from actual players. Digital Combat Simulator would be on the road to a full blown combat sim.

I know its a long ways out but we can dream. I miss the days of silent hunter.

Here's an older video showing different animations:

Agreed. There are a lot of declassified Navy assets out there (vessels) that would be amazing to implement into DCS. I did not want to mention it because I see flak on the horizon, but there has not been a proper submarine simulator in a very long time. When I saw the above regarding subsurface interest and surfacing effects, sonar, ect... I got dirty thoughts. A DCS submarine module would make a killing! Especially if it had to avoid air assets from actual players. Digital Combat Simulator would be on the road to a full blown combat sim.

I know its a long ways out but we can dream. I miss the days of silent hunter.

You're not the only one. I still remember when subsims were still a commercially-viable sub-genre. Dangerous Waters was a good one, but it desperately needs an update. The capabilities possessed by DCS can very easily create the naval warfare simulator to end all naval warfare simulations.

I saw the newest video above but I did not see the older one with the guy in BDU's. That is awesome stuff. A good sign they are probably further along than I thought with advanced troop movements and hopefully transporting. The characters will be outstanding on the carrier.

Not sure if you saw the video on YouTube with the F-14, but you actually have to salute the deck crew now before take off. The immersion is getting to a point I never dreamed of with a combat sim. I love it. Just ran into a former 18 pilot today at work who knew nothing about DCS. He was blown away and said the F-18 videos brought back so many videos. He is now hooked and running out to buy a VR set up, HOTAS, and DCS with the F-18.

It still shocks me to see how many people have never heard of DCS, and I work with military aviators.