Aircraft carrier ready room

CheckGear

This part of the update release today really got me brimming with excitement:

Although we released a greatly improved and free Nimitz-class aircraft carrier at the time of the Hornet release, we are also working on a separate Nimitz-class aircraft carrier module. This product will have an incredible level of detail and include such features as a detailed and operable LSO and Air Boss stations, detailed modeling of the hangar, animated deck crew, briefing room, and control of the carrier.

Basically, it sounds like the carrier will be largely interactive on a first-person, ground level. Given that a ready (briefing) room will be part of the package, does this mean missions will be able to start there?

If so, the possibilities are endless. DCS would cease to be a Digital Combat Simulator - it would become a Digital Life Simulator!

This part of the update release today really got me brimming with excitement:

If so, the possibilities are endless. DCS would cease to be a Digital Combat Simulator - it would become a Digital Life Simulator!

As long as they include realistic cooking physics...

More naval is always good to see. If they ever went full Dangerous Waters and modelled sonar, ASW, torpedoes, etc, I'd die of joy because I miss that game and there's nothing modern that's quite like it. Here's hoping they go a bit crazy with the Arleigh Burke.

More naval is always good to see. If they ever went full Dangerous Waters and modelled sonar, ASW, torpedoes, etc, I'd die of joy because I miss that game and there's nothing modern that's quite like it. Here's hoping they go a bit crazy with the Arleigh Burke.

Dangerous Waters is, to this day, the only P-3C Orion and SH-60B Seahawk simulator ever built and that's why I loved it so much. I missed out on being a Naval Aircrewman, so the game gives me an idea of what it must've been like to fly in the back of a P-3 and hunt submarines and attack surface targets. It was truly a one-of-a-kind simulation I can never really get working on my Windows 7 PC.

You're not the only one! This would be a dream come true!

+1!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Basically, it sounds like the carrier will be largely interactive on a first-person, ground level. Given that a ready (briefing) room will be part of the package, does this mean missions will be able to start there?

I think some of them was talking some years ago with the "carrier modules" was show on ED newsletter.

along the lines of this? (will be cool)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=218068&highlight=briefing+room

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Dangerous Waters is, to this day, the only P-3C Orion and SH-60B Seahawk simulator ever built and that's why I loved it so much. I missed out on being a Naval Aircrewman, so the game gives me an idea of what it must've been like to fly in the back of a P-3 and hunt submarines and attack surface targets. It was truly a one-of-a-kind simulation I can never really get working on my Windows 7 PC.

agree 100%.

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

hi, i don't wan't to start new tread so!!!!

could you tell me wich DLC have the air craft carrier "Ship"

thank's

The aircraft carrier will be a DLC in itself as far as we know.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

while i think, this can be a nice feature, i hope that the paid module brings only the immersive component of a ready room and is not a payed mission planer tool, by which i mean, that a mission planer tool should be a basic functionality and part of a free update to dcs, while the paid carrier module could still add immersion to the briefing and mission planning.

this sounds really great. I pretty much ONLY fly carrier ops with the hornet now. I love that feeling of spawning in the cockpit on the deck with the ships on station and the beautiful water flying by.

Having said that, if they are going to release a paid module (CV) with briefing station, etc I wish they could include:

1. the ability to WALK from the briefing room to the Hornet

2. actual crewmen on the carrier deck (red/green/blue/yellow/etc shirts) that guide you, rearm/refuel you, etc

3. more carrier aircraft eg. Seahawk (seeing the gazelle on the nearby destroyer or whatever is kinda offputting), E2 Hawkeye, C2 greyhound, etc

Also, giving a player the ability to steer the carrier sounds great in theory however with the amount of idiots online, I can quickly see this turning to poo.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

this sounds really great. I pretty much ONLY fly carrier ops with the hornet now. I love that feeling of spawning in the cockpit on the deck with the ships on station and the beautiful water flying by.

Having said that, if they are going to release a paid module (CV) with briefing station, etc I wish they could include:

1. the ability to WALK from the briefing room to the Hornet

2. actual crewmen on the carrier deck (red/green/blue/yellow/etc shirts) that guide you, rearm/refuel you, etc

3. more carrier aircraft eg. Seahawk (seeing the gazelle on the nearby destroyer or whatever is kinda offputting), E2 Hawkeye, C2 greyhound, etc

Also, giving a player the ability to steer the carrier sounds great in theory however with the amount of idiots online, I can quickly see this turning to poo.

They already said there's going to be a live flight deck crew. I also wonder if it's possible to interact directly with crewmembers (slap them in the head for missing something during pre-flight prep).

I agree, steering the ship is overkill.

ooo that's sad, why they show us feature we couldn't have :cry:

They're showing us features that are coming which is what the latest newsletter was all about. Grant it, I wish there was more info about it but we'll have to wait. Carrier ops is my number one feature i'm looking forward to.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

There will have to be a way for hosts to keep strangers off of the bridge!

Maybe have a couple of armed Marines at the entrance? DCS meets ARMA3??? :D

@Spike525

Also they said once the Carrier is complete they will move on to the other projects, which sounds like this is what they are working on at the moment and "should" be the first of the ongoing projects completed in 2019.

Fingers crossed!

Edited by Ratcatcher

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.