Introducing the VKB-Sim Gunfighter

rrohde

All good Rainer, delays happen, looking forward to April :)

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Rainer,

I wonder if you might be able to answer this question that I asked earlier?

Can the curvature be used reversed? i.e., Curving out instead of in (so more like a heli cyclic)?

That would involve mounting both the grip and base backward (or just the grip backward and then inverting the x and y axes in software).

Reason I ask is that if the curve bumps against chair, then I have to mount stick even more forward than a straight stick. As it is now with a 20cm straight extension, it is just on the edge of uncomfortable for full forward deflection, and full back deflection just brushes the edge of chair.

Thanks!

Hi Rainer,

Thanks!

Sorry about this - just overlooked this one. :music_whistling:

I have a question out to VKB HQ on this topic, and let you know as soon as I find out.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

After a long period of silence, there is finally an update from VKB FSC Europe https://flightsimcontrols.com/2017/03/gladiator-pro-mk-ii-gunfighter-and-modern-combat-grip/

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

After a long period of silence, there is finally an update from VKB FSC Europe https://flightsimcontrols.com/2017/03/gladiator-pro-mk-ii-gunfighter-and-modern-combat-grip/

That's great news, thank you for the update. So they aim for both Gunfighter and MCG by the end of April for Europe. I can understand a month or two of delays and will respect that. It's great to hear the price shouldn't be too different from the rest of the world. I hope the first production runs will meet most of the demand.

Any word of a possible Gunfighter+MCG package? Instead of the default KG12. (Eventhough the base can be ordered alone)

Edited by Vivoune

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Originally Posted by Bearfoot View Post

Can the curvature be used reversed? i.e., Curving out instead of in (so more like a heli cyclic)?

That would involve mounting both the grip and base backward (or just the grip backward and then inverting the x and y axes in software).

Mount the extension backward will defeat their purpose, that is put the heavy (~1Kg) Warthog grip in balance, and so will have difficult to stay centered if you take your hand off the grip. But seems easy feasible:

Theoretically for mount the extension reversed you need make new holes in the tube for the bolts that fit the lower adapter (upper will reverse only the grip :) )- the holes are in tube back, ops front side. See the bolts there:

http://vkbcontrollers.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/accessories-400x400.jpg

Notice that the lower adapter has a hole for align pin, what don't allow mount then reversed.

Reverse axes is just matter to use VKB DevCfg software and save in firmware in Njoy32 controller EPROM, but is not need in the case.

Edited by Sokol1_br

Hi Rainer,

Thanks!

So - according to VKB HQ the answer was "this is not possible". Now, looking at my Mamba's extension, which is the same curvature and length of that of the Gunfighter Pro's, it might be because of the slotted connector that doesn't seem to allow for 180 degree rotation of both the grip and the extension. Sorry about that... :(

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

... VKB HQ the answer was "this is not possible". :(

In a similar question in IL2.ru a guy ask if MCG can be used with other controllers than VKB and TmW, the say only "no".

But after come back and explain that TmW compatible MCG grip emulate Shift Register protocol, and in this version the analog axes in mini-stick and brake lever work only as button.

So if the other controller is Shift Register compatible this "no" can be "yes". :D

DIY MMjoy2, Easy Joy32 One, Hempstick, and seems Baur and VirPil are. ;)

So "this is not possible" for the S tube is more "this is not possible PnP", but with some DIY work can be "yes" - if the owner don't worry about warranty.

:joystick:

Edited by Sokol1_br

So - according to VKB HQ the answer was "this is not possible". Now, looking at my Mamba's extension, which is the same curvature and length of that of the Gunfighter Pro's, it might be because of the slotted connector that doesn't seem to allow for 180 degree rotation of both the grip and the extension. Sorry about that... :(

OK, thanks. Good to know. Hope the curve will not result in imposing too much extra displacement from a straight extension ...

Rrhode,

sorry, I did not read the entire conversation, but when would the Gunfighter Pro (long extension one) be available with to ship to New Zealand? Same period as for the US or sooner? :D

Kaby Lake @ 4.6Ghz - Gigabyte Z170-D3H - 16Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 OC - Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD - Seagate 1 Tb HDD - HTC Vive - Rift CV1

Rrhode,

sorry, I did not read the entire conversation, but when would the Gunfighter Pro (long extension one) be available with to ship to New Zealand? Same period as for the US or sooner? :D

Should be the same time frame worldwide; the only thing that's slowing things down in the moment is the PCB supplier. I hope to have an updated shipping date from VKB tomorrow.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

OK, thanks. Good to know. Hope the curve will not result in imposing too much extra displacement from a straight extension ...

Well, I can only base it on my Mamba Mk.III w/ extension, and the curve really doesn't affect anything negatively. It's very slight.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Should be the same time frame worldwide; the only thing that's slowing things down in the moment is the PCB supplier. I hope to have an updated shipping date from VKB tomorrow.

Thank you for the reply!

Kaby Lake @ 4.6Ghz - Gigabyte Z170-D3H - 16Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 OC - Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD - Seagate 1 Tb HDD - HTC Vive - Rift CV1

Just a couple of questions, Rainer. Any insight into the use of nylon in the dry clutches - does it use clamping friction on a cylinder, and is there any degradation over time?

Also, will the Pro version come with a spring tension for the extension, or will we need to add extra springs / replacement springs, for use with the extension? Also, will the weight of the MCG be significantly greater than the KG12?

Cheers!

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's obviously a little disappointing to see delivery pushed back repeatedly, but thank you for keeping everyone updated, Rainer. It would be nice if VKB could provide a little more detail as to what the issues are with the PCBs, and of course an updated ETA.

It's obviously a little disappointing to see delivery pushed back repeatedly, but thank you for keeping everyone updated, Rainer. It would be nice if VKB could provide a little more detail as to what the issues are with the PCBs, and of course an updated ETA.

Yeah, I know... :(

I was pushing for some details, but I didn't get them. I believe VKB HQ is more inclined to be detailed when it comes to "good news" rather than the ones causing the delays...

Must be frustrating for them as well that one of their suppliers causing these delays - while everything else is ready to go.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Thinking about the ECS switch panel for the gunfighter........Uses

ECS:

Desktop add on for Gunfigter

desktop upgrade for Gladiator pro

super Desktop joystick using chep Gladiator pro gimball/grip

Stand alone switch panel whit mini switch panel to cover the GF hole

Atachable switch panel for Trotthle (as switch panel or whit joy also)

Must have avility to be used in diferent angles by regulable mounts/legs etc

Will be nice to have like logitech g910 some kind of support for smarthfone/tablet.

the integrated touchscrenn will be nice on ECS markII :)

ECS Stand alone switch panel

The mini switch panel to cover the GF hole could have diferent models, trackball, linear potentiometers,flat metal plate, use hole to insert coffe/drink/beer/car keys or ashtray.

Any update on the delay?

Yeah - Mid April is the latest assessment from VKB HQ for shipping to start. Feel free to sign up to the VKB NA newsletter if you want stay up-to-date here: http://vkbcontrollers.com/?page_id=818

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Well, I don't have the official "go ahead" yet from VKB HQ to announce the start of the shipping date, but according to them the PCB issues have been resolved and everything is back on track now.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Well, I don't have the official "go ahead" yet from VKB HQ to announce the start of the shipping date, but according to them the PCB issues have been resolved and everything is back on track now.

So, the countdown begins (again)!

Anyone know China-US DHL shipping times??? :)