llya released video #5

SlipBall

Ilya, you have a compelling explanation of why flight sims are not more popular. I'm curious to see what these trainings will be like in DCS WW2.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

I think the big problem of todays sims is that the "game" element is missing. You get excellent simulation of aircraft and its systems, but you are left with not much to do with it.

Fine example of a good game I played recently is Euro Truck Simulator 2. You may say "what the hell is fun in driving a truck in a game?". That's exactly what I thought when I first heard about the game. But it is surprisingly addictive because it has a sandbox campaign where you start working for other companies, then you create your company and drive your own truck, and later you can hire other drivers and buy them trucks to work for you.

Both DCS and CloD don't have much in it except for the simulation itself. The campaigns in both games are lacking. Rise of flight has some sort of dynamic campaign, but it is somehow bland and cant compare to lets say Red Baron 2. Old IL--2 had DGEN which was fun for a while but could be done better.

I think that by working on interesting dynamic campaign, with different pilots flying in your squadron, awards, promotions, demotions, etc, you can bring in more players to the game.

• Like 1