LRS/Recon/JTAC

Call911

Long Range Survelance an Recon/laser Desiganation for live attack aircraft ie A10etc. So would/is it goin to be possible to take on the role of a ground recon elemnent an say recon to an enemy base an than lase priority targets for A10's etc.I know it says ground vehicles operable only, but would be an awsome addition to allow infantry units(specops) to have this role. Kinda hard for say an m1 or other land vehicle to role up near enemy airbase without be comprimised. Sry just thinking to myself an the awsome possibilities this will bring to an already awsome SIM. I could have fun all day long just sneakin from location to location lasing/reporting vital info etc for the flyboys.

Edited by Call911

:) Or you could have all day long fun reading all the threads in this forum that answer your question.

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

or you could just share what you know instead of being a douche bag. :thumbup:

No need to be hostile, the thing is that the forum gets flooded with redundant threads constantly, and to be honest, it is kind of tiring that people can't do a search for "combined arms JTAC" or something to that effect, and look at a few threads.

• Like 1

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

No need to be hostile, the thing is that the forum gets flooded with redundant threads constantly, and to be honest, it is kind of tiring that people can't do a search for "combined arms JTAC" or something to that effect, and look at a few threads.

Sorry, I meant douche bag in the nicest possible way. Hence the thumbs up at the end to indicate a friendly demeanour.

But seriously, it really isn't difficult to share your knowledge with somebody. When you do, the question is answered, the person who asked the question is happy the and thread harmlessly floats to the bottom of the forum.

Telling somebody to look for it themselves is pretentious and degrades the quality of the forums. Not to mention that all people don't have the same ability to search for the information they want. Sharing is caring.

• Like 1

I didn't take offense :) and neither did I mean to sound bitchy to Call911.

I reacted like you in the past, Mohamengina.

But after reading the same threads and questions over and over again one asks himself if its too much asked for to give it a few minutes forum search.

Then at least you show the gesture of not just sitting there and letting everybody do the job for you and there is nothing wrong about saying:

"Hey guys sorry if that was mentioned before I couldn't find a thread about this here:"...." "

Everybody of us asks sometimes spontaneously stuff that was discussed already, no problem. Here is a lot of information going around and people from different timezones and people reading posts tired at night etc.

And I will post the same info over and over again as you said "sharing is caring".

But caring means also to not expect everybody to do the work for you.

If you did search for it Call911 I apologize here with (but wasn't meant in a bad way anyways :) )

But I mean for example by now seeing a thread opened: "Can I still play A10C when installing DCS world?"

...we're a community forum and not a call agency, hehe.

At least pretend to have looked for it for 5 min. :)

Anyways, everything is possible but not so soon. If you want infantry first person you have to stick to games like ARMA2/3

so long CA will first be playable like this:

1st Person Unit Command

For those that want to participate in the ground battles from a 1st person point of view, players can select most friendly ground units (most armor and visually guided air defense systems) from the Command Map, press the Command Unit button, and occupy that unit in the 3D world. Tanks, infantry fighting vehicles, armored personnel carriers, anti-aircraft artillery, and short-range SAMs can all be controlled. Many vehicles have multiple types of weapons like machine guns, main tank guns, and anti-tank guided missiles; all of which can be controlled.

When in a 1st person command view, the player can also order the other ground units in their group to specific locations.

Edited by Weltensegler

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274