How many player "slots" for Combined Arms?

Kenan

I was wondering how many people would actually be able to play CO online?

For example, speaking of directly controlling ground units: will there be each player slot for each tank/armored vehicle or will these be controlled only by one person (Commander/JTAC)?

I think it would be pretty cool if you could assign each player to specific units. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

I guess since it's yet to be released, noone can really tell..well, waiting for the beta then! :)

It's not that we do not want to......It is that we cannot.

As with all things, unless any feature of an upcoming module has been specifically elaborated upon/mentioned by an ED Team member and it is already within the public domain, it's info that falls under the NDA and as such will not be given. That is not to say that an ED Team member might not answer your question. However, staying ahead of the forums is difficult these days with all the activity. That said, the teaser from GA is pretty good and should answer quite a few questions or fuel even more speculation :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

• ED Team

The number of slots I believe is unlimited. However, it is up to the mission designer to decide how big is too big, accounting for client connection quality and host properties.

Perhaps the attached screen shot may help illustrate this. Please note the top right of the screen.

BCs.thumb.jpg.f718ac25788e90e0cb2e7820dd902df7.jpg

Edited by Wags

And thats about as many as your MP server can support.

It goes without saying, I've not tested that many slots yet :p

Come to think of it, perhaps I should bring back out the old battlefield mission with 1800+ units ...

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

• ED Team
If we could have a dedicated server with no GPU requirements the hosting would take on a completly new direction and possibilities for large battles!

This

+1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2