WHy F15E without UFCD - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-24-2019, 02:15 AM   #1
Kev2go

Default WHy F15E without UFCD

So why did RAZBAM choose the old school style UFC ( which is basically somewhat akin to whats on the Hornet) as opposed to newer UFCD which appears to be referenced and its operation documented as early as in a 1991 USAF F15E Flight manual?

Or better yet, it would be ideal to model both versions.

Build:

Spoiler:

Windows 10 64 bit,

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z370- E Motherboard, Intel Core i7 8700k ( Noctua NH14S cooler),Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32gb ram (2666 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia Gtx 1080 8gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; WD 1TB HDD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 512 gb SSD

Last edited by Kev2go; 06-26-2019 at 01:33 AM.
Kev2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:30 AM   #2
Demongornot

From what I have been able to find, this was an upgrade for the export version of the F-15E and only latter got integrated into the US F-15, so tho the display itself might be old, the variant of the US F-15 which integrate it might be too recent to find decent docs about, but I am just speculating.
Want : F-14 Tomcat, Yak-52, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, F-86F, MAC, F-16C, F-15E.
Demongornot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 02:13 AM   #3
jojyrocks

The digital UFC is for the F-15K South Korean models, It started with it. USAF still uses the old pattern.
jojyrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 02:33 AM   #4
DBFlyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojyrocks View Post
The digital UFC is for the F-15K South Korean models, It started with it. USAF still uses the old pattern.
The USAF uses a mix of both. Here is a recent (this year) B-Course grad video from Seymour Johnson AFB, both versions are featured:

DBFlyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 03:37 AM   #5
jojyrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBFlyguy View Post
The USAF uses a mix of both. Here is a recent (this year) B-Course grad video from Seymour Johnson AFB, both versions are featured:

Hmm...

I guess they are slowly updating their F-15E to current gen overhaul.
jojyrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 12:23 PM   #6
Kev2go

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojyrocks View Post
Hmm...

I guess they are slowly updating their F-15E to current gen overhaul.
I dont think it is. I can't post it because of 1.16, but the new display covered in a revised flight manual dated from 1991.

Build:

Spoiler:

Windows 10 64 bit,

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z370- E Motherboard, Intel Core i7 8700k ( Noctua NH14S cooler),Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32gb ram (2666 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia Gtx 1080 8gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; WD 1TB HDD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 512 gb SSD

Old 06-25-2019, 06:28 PM   #7
shagrat
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev2go View Post
I dont think it is. I can't post it because of 1.16, but the new display covered in a revised flight manual dated from 1991.
Maybe because they like it the old way? Maybe they don't have details about page layout/functions etc. ?
Maybe they aren't allowed to model a 90ies hardware?
Maybe they have access to details to an older Jet only?
Maybe they want to replicate this exact build no?
Maybe they have a subject matter expert who is pretty familiar with the old UFC and never used/saw the new one?
Maybe something completely different?
I am happy with either choice... and the older UFC is easier to adjust with my existing button boxes and stuff, anyway. F/A-18C layout.

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)
shagrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:17 PM   #8
Demongornot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev2go View Post
But the question is, is this manual about the US F-15E or about the export variant ?
Anyway, maybe this have simply been on paper for a while but what I think happened really is that without the need to change multiple things on the cockpit this wasn't worth it to modify the current fleet just for a single monitor, which mean its advantages aren't consequent enough to justify that, and those who have it may simply be F-15E build latter, old ones having a cockpit upgrade(tho all F-15E pilot cockpit I found even old ones have the same cockpit layout so if something changed it might be avionic related) or replacement and they took advantage to integrate it or maybe they simply experimented with it on some aircraft to see if it is worth upgrading or how the pilot feel/like it or integrate it well.
One thing we know is that this f-15E is serial number 88-1695.

Also I found this post : http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/...omment=2914150
Quote:
new “UFC’s”- Up Front Controllers, that are an F-15E update as well. They are not specific or unique to the F-15I. Updated flat-panel UFC’s have been making their way into the USAF inventory since at least 2010 and are standard now.
This is about model aircraft, it look like they care a lot for details and were talking about the cockpit, but I don't know where he got his sources from, but if this is correct, 2010 is probably way too new to get proper data about, since it probably have more changes than just the UFC.

One thing for sure is that there isn't many pictures and video of the upgraded UFC, there is even more pictures of the Glass cockpit of future F-15 variants (like the canceled Silent Eagle, the F-15S or the 2040C, even tho most come from 3D renders or simulators) in fact (the one I put here appear multiple times on research and there aren't many other pics of F-15E with the upgraded UFC).

But one sure thing is that we will get the old school UFC, mainly if we consider how advanced they already are in the cockpit model and textures as can be seen here :
https://www.facebook.com/RazbamSims/...type=3&theater
The post isn't that old considering they work on several aircrafts, so there isn't many chances that they decide to redo parts of the cockpit.
Want : F-14 Tomcat, Yak-52, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, F-86F, MAC, F-16C, F-15E.
Demongornot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 12:34 AM   #9
Kev2go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongornot View Post
But the question is, is this manual about the US F-15E or about the export variant ?
Anyway, maybe this have simply been on paper for a while but what I think happened really is that without the need to change multiple things on the cockpit this wasn't worth it to modify the current fleet just for a single monitor, which mean its advantages aren't consequent enough to justify that, and those who have it may simply be F-15E build latter, old ones having a cockpit upgrade(tho all F-15E pilot cockpit I found even old ones have the same cockpit layout so if something changed it might be avionic related) or replacement and they took advantage to integrate it or maybe they simply experimented with it on some aircraft to see if it is worth upgrading or how the pilot feel/like it or integrate it well.
One thing we know is that this f-15E is serial number 88-1695.

Also I found this post : http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/...omment=2914150

This is about model aircraft, it look like they care a lot for details and were talking about the cockpit, but I don't know where he got his sources from, but if this is correct, 2010 is probably way too new to get proper data about, since it probably have more changes than just the UFC.

One thing for sure is that there isn't many pictures and video of the upgraded UFC, there is even more pictures of the Glass cockpit of future F-15 variants (like the canceled Silent Eagle, the F-15S or the 2040C, even tho most come from 3D renders or simulators) in fact (the one I put here appear multiple times on research and there aren't many other pics of F-15E with the upgraded UFC).

But one sure thing is that we will get the old school UFC, mainly if we consider how advanced they already are in the cockpit model and textures as can be seen here :
https://www.facebook.com/RazbamSims/...type=3&theater
The post isn't that old considering they work on several aircrafts, so there isn't many chances that they decide to redo parts of the cockpit.

Well in comparison Razbam;s final version of Av8b was representative of a version refitted with AMPCD, instead of the earlier MPCD displays as shown in earlier screenshots of WIP models

Functionality no real difference from those 2 harriers, part from display monitors type which was a CRT vs LCD, but could display full colours, and the same general UI layout anyways.

Considering strike eagle sims have already been done before. It would be nice to at least get a model that was a bit more different and standing out from the more typical thing we have been accustomed too. IE UFCD screen.

Either way remodeling it wouldn't be a big deal either i it was done, because function wise its similar to classic UFC. just displays in a screen.

Or perhaps instead of just 1 version over the other, they could do both aircraft types . Considering ED has done multiple aiarcraft in a single package before like L39C and L39ZA or how Heatblur is doing with F14B/F14A package , I wouldn't be a big deal to have to have both an F15E with classic UFC, and another with F15E with UFCD. Literally less effort than those 2 companies have put forth moddling 2 aircraft that contained more changes between those 2 variants.

Build:

Spoiler:

Windows 10 64 bit,

Last edited by Kev2go; 06-26-2019 at 12:51 AM.
Old 06-26-2019, 12:47 AM   #10
Kev2go

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagrat View Post
Maybe because they like it the old way? Maybe they don't have details about page layout/functions etc. ?

Maybe they aren't allowed to model a 90ies hardware?

Doubt, that would mean a F15E with no Sniper XR( confirmed), which means itl even be at least a mid 2000's Strike Eagle.

Quote:

Maybe they have access to details to an older Jet only?

Doubt, considering this is essentially the only difference is the UFCD, and its documented within the very same manual they would be using to model it anyways.

Quote:
I am happy with either choice... and the older UFC is easier to adjust with my existing button boxes and stuff, anyway. F/A-18C layout.

All the same physical button boxes are there if you compare.

Quote:

Maybe they want to replicate this exact build no?

Maybe they could ( hypothetically) do both.

Or maybe we all can't really answer a question that can only really be answered by the development team.

Build:

Spoiler:

Windows 10 64 bit,

Last edited by Kev2go; 06-27-2019 at 01:12 AM.