AH-1W - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2019, 08:23 PM   #1
209GREEN
Junior Member
 
209GREEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 9
Default AH-1W

Who is willing to design AH-1W by RAZBAM?(This one of most successful helicopter in the world , fight in afghnistan, iran iraq war , desert storm ,vietnam and ...)
Please put it in line.
209GREEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 04:53 PM   #2
Dr.SquirrelBoy12
Member
 
Dr.SquirrelBoy12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Wisconsin USA
Posts: 143
Default

ED is already working on an AH-1, not sure which model as I have heard everything from S to W but ED is working on one already.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...&postcount=469
__________________
Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, A-6E, F-16C, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR
Dr.SquirrelBoy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 07:24 PM   #3
209GREEN
Junior Member
 
209GREEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.SquirrelBoy12 View Post
ED is already working on an AH-1, not sure which model as I have heard everything from S to W but ED is working on one already.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...&postcount=469
Oh Really ? that is good
W model please !
209GREEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 09:09 AM   #4
Fri13
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,154
Default

The problem for us is that the AH-1 designation is fairly shady, as someone explained it in a thread there.

And what I recall, we were first to get the G, then W, and now we are likely getting something that was TOW capable and had 20mm cannon, but that's it.

Even the 20mm cannon was a uncertain.

More information on some of the threads about it, that I don't have link to now.
__________________
i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 1080Ti SLI 11GB, Oculus CV1.
i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 60" HDR 4K.
Fri13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 11:24 AM   #5
Viper1970
Junior Member
 
Viper1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Bavaria - Germany
Posts: 28
Default

It will be the AH-1S (or the AH-1F which were the designation in the US ARMY - the one with the flat canopy glass).
Look at this post about the F/A-18. At the end of the post there is a news that Belsimtek is now a part of ED and also the information about the modules that will come next.


https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...&postcount=144


In my opinion the AH-1F is the most interesting Cobra ever built and it would be a nice counterpart to the MI-24 (which is also in production now), cause they were both the only real active attack helicopter for a long period of time during the cold war. The F-version Cobra was the workhorse of the Army till the A-version Apache arrived.


It's also the most aggressive nice looking attack helo ever
__________________
Main Cockpit System: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X / ASRock Taichi X470 / 32GB Ram GSkill F4-2800C15Q-32GVR / Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 OC
WSO Cockpit System: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X / Asus Prime B450 Plus / 16GB Ram GSkill F4-2666C15Q-16GRR / KFA2 GeForce RTX 2060
Retro System: AMD Athlon X2 3Ghz / ASRock AM2NF3-VSTA / 2GB Ram / Gigabyte GV-N68T256DH GeForce AGP 6800 GT 256MB DDR3 / Diamond Monster 3D II 12MB SLI
Viper1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 07:33 PM   #6
Kev2go
Senior Member
 
Kev2go's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,506
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper1970 View Post
It will be the AH-1S (or the AH-1F which were the designation in the US ARMY - the one with the flat canopy glass).
Look at this post about the F/A-18. At the end of the post there is a news that Belsimtek is now a part of ED and also the information about the modules that will come next.


https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...&postcount=144


In my opinion the AH-1F is the most interesting Cobra ever built and it would be a nice counterpart to the MI-24 (which is also in production now), cause they were both the only real active attack helicopter for a long period of time during the cold war. The F-version Cobra was the workhorse of the Army till the A-version Apache arrived.


It's also the most aggressive nice looking attack helo ever


I disagree, I think the ah1w is much more interesting as that was not just the usmc workhorse but thier prime attack helo up until 2011 when the ah1z viper started entering service. IT still remained in frontline service until end of 2016 until enough ah1z came around to replace them.

As such the ah1w received more upgrades. Has better all weather targeting system, hellfire missiles, and embedded ins/ GPS (aka EGI) as well as a better countermeasures suite, utilizing an/ale 39 cm dispenser
System from the f18 horent. Furthermore the ah1w has self defense against aviation assets as it can mount aim9's, an well as utilize agm122 sidearm anti radiation missiles to self protect against radar based air defenses.

The ah1f quickly began falling out of relevance after the gulf war, and the last ah1f squadron was retired from ang in 2001, and since the army had the apache as well as due to limited airframe potential of received very few incremental updates after the cold war

All in all the ah1w has a far wider range of scenarios it can be placed in than the ah1f despite being only a couple years apart in service entry, whilst still being an older helicopter design that still gives the classic huey esque thump ( due to twin rotors) and a nostalgic feel. Add to that it would complement the carrier deck of a wasp class, amphibious assault ship sharing the deck with harriers.
__________________





Build:


Spoiler:


Windows 10 64 bit,

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z370- E Motherboard, Intel Core i7 8700k ( Noctua NH14S cooler),Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32gb ram (2666 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia Gtx 1080 8gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; WD 1TB HDD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 512 gb SSD


Last edited by Kev2go; 06-19-2019 at 08:56 PM.
Kev2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 12:50 AM   #7
LoFlyer
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1
Default

Quote:
IT still remained in frontline service until end of 2016 until enough ah1z came around to replace them.
AH-1W is still in service? HMLA-775 "Coyotes" are currently in Cold Lake Alberta for exercise Sentinel Edge and are flying UH-1Y Venom and AH-1W Super Cobra Helicopters.
LoFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 11:16 AM   #8
Kev2go
Senior Member
 
Kev2go's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,506
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFlyer View Post
AH-1W is still in service? HMLA-775 "Coyotes" are currently in Cold Lake Alberta for exercise Sentinel Edge and are flying UH-1Y Venom and AH-1W Super Cobra Helicopters.

Keyword i used was "frontline Service" to further elabtorate IE active duty units.

HMLA-775 is a reservist squadron.



According to various media sources the last remaining ah1w cobra which was part of a training squadron 303 left for the boneyard in 2018, meaning that there will be no more slots open to train any more pilots on the Whiskey. All Active duty Usmc attack helicopter fleet are now all ah1z vipers, leaving sizeable amounts of Ah1W to be available to be sold off.

Any airworthy remaining ah1w that have so far been retired are set to be sold off if there are any willing buyers.


https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...licopter-fleet

https://theaviationgeekclub.com/3rd-...w-super-cobra/




__________________





Build:


Spoiler:


Windows 10 64 bit,

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z370- E Motherboard, Intel Core i7 8700k ( Noctua NH14S cooler),Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32gb ram (2666 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia Gtx 1080 8gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; WD 1TB HDD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 512 gb SSD


Last edited by Kev2go; 06-19-2019 at 09:09 PM.
Kev2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 02:47 PM   #9
Harlikwin
Senior Member
 
Harlikwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 2,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev2go View Post
I disagree, I think the ah1w is much more interesting as that was not just the usmc workhorse but thier prime attack helo up until 2011 when the ah1z viper started entering service. IT still remained in frontline service until end of 2016 until enough ah1z came around to replace them.

As such the ah1w recieved more upgrades. Has better all weather targeting system, hellfire missiles, and embedded ins/ GPS (aka EGI) as well as a better countermeasures suite, utilizing an/ale 39 cm dispenser
System from the f18 horent. Furthermore the ah1w has self defense against aviation assets as it can mount aim9's, an well as utilize agm122 sidearm anti radiation missiles to self protect against radar based air defenses.

The ah1f quickly began falling out of relevance after the gulf war, and the last ah1f squadron was retired from ang in 2001, and since the army had the apache as well as due to limited airframe potential of received very few incremental updates after the cold war

All in all the ah1w has a far wider range of scenarios it can be placed in than the ah1f despite being only a couple years apart in service entry, whilst still being an older helicopter design that still gives the classic huey esque thump ( due to twin rotors) and a nostalgic feel. Add to that it would complement the carrier deck of a wasp class, amphibious assault ship sharing the deck with harriers.
I think S or F is what we are getting. I'd rather have the W, but given the various comments I do think its the S or F. As long as I get thermals, a gunner, and an RWR I'm ok with that
__________________
New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1
Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).
Harlikwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 08:57 PM   #10
Kev2go
Senior Member
 
Kev2go's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,506
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlikwin View Post
I think S or F is what we are getting. I'd rather have the W, but given the various comments I do think its the S or F. As long as I get thermals, a gunner, and an RWR I'm ok with that
This is the Razbam section though, they certainly aren't doing AH1S or F version

Besides things are subject to change At first speculated to be AH1G, then said to be Ah1W before being changed to AH1S, and then Aah1F. Also ED hasn't started development on any Cobra variant. These are merely plans ATM. So here's hoping we get a another change.
__________________





Build:


Spoiler:


Windows 10 64 bit,

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z370- E Motherboard, Intel Core i7 8700k ( Noctua NH14S cooler),Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32gb ram (2666 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia Gtx 1080 8gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; WD 1TB HDD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 512 gb SSD


Last edited by Kev2go; 06-20-2019 at 01:48 AM.
Kev2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ah-1, desert, helicopter, missile, rocket

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:16 PM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.