February monthly update?

Cytt0rak

Yea I agree with the post above (and arguably the Mirage is the module with the fewest problems). Future projects are all fine and exciting, and being ambitions can certainly pay off, but personally I don't see how they can claim they have the manpower to accomplish their goals while at the same time they have (just to list the most notorious things):

a) released the Mig-19 with a flight model that does not allow for any stalls, even after the release was delayed by a month or so to work on said flight model

b) continue with bomb some delivery modes on the Harrier being broken - in a mainly a2g platform at that

c) continue with some air to air radar modes in the Mirage being broken - in a mainly a2a platform.

I do appreciate that they have great plans for the future, but I really wish they would just slow down and focus on their current work instead, because if those aircraft were truly complete they would be just as exciting as a Mig-23 or Strike Eagle. If three coders aren't enough to maintain three modules while continuing development, how are they going to maintain the Mirage 2k, Harrier, Farmer, Flogger, Strike Eagle, Bronco, Falklands stuff (say, a Pucara, Super Etendard and Mirage 3)?

Personally as it stands, I don't see myself purchasing any Razbam module (outside perhaps of sales), while I'm happy to do that for every other studio currently working in DCS. I just personally dislike the "quantity over quality" approach they seem to like. While arguably every studio in DCS suffers from some type of early access issues, I think it's safe to say that Razbam is the only one that combines such a long list of announced future content, with such a long list of currently early access content in dire need of extra work.

Edited by TLTeo

And you seriously and sincerely believe that in a few months they will correct you all this!??

Come back to earth, enjoy what you already have and be patient, it will happen!

The point folks like you are constantly missing is very simple: Razbam sold a product, with a price and with a description of its characteristics.

People who buy it are not required to deeply analyze, understand or be experts of the process behind the production of said product: they rely on what's written on the tin.

If the tin says tomatoes, you expect to find tomatoes inside. If you find no tomatoes, or rotten tomaotes, or any other thing that is not what was advertised, then the company selling it has a problem that falls somewhere between giving misleading information and frauding customers.

Now I'm sure in the EULA somewhere there is some fine type that says you're not the owner of anything, you didn't actually buy anything etc. So technically we are always wrong and they are always right. But the reality is, as ED's customers, we expect that the seller has the knowledge and resources to deliver what they are selling.

If not, then WHY are they selling it, and WHAT are they selling exactly??

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Of course I am aware of that, but this is not about gardening. ;)

Dcs is a sandbox that is constantly evolving. They therefore also have the need to adapt to it, to deal with it.

The Mirage 2000 is their first module and already it is very well done despite some flaws that do not prevent them from flying and enjoying as much in solo as in multiplayer.

Razbam has matured, they have learned a lot and at their expense. They have just accumulated a lot of experience and we can see this maturity growing with the modules they come out with.

You have to be honest, they need money to live and they can't stop all the projects and restart al they have done.

And the chance we have is that they won't give up! They met a French fighter squadron! Who opened their doors to them, it's fantastic and a first on a French fighter!

We all know that, they're working hard on it. They're not perfect in comms but in any case, there will always be grumblers and disgruntled people!

Unless they are humbled, they should count on our trust and above all on our unwavering benevolence.

They are loyal and there can be no doubt about it, they prove it.

I don't think we can measure how much this meeting with the Air Force must have opened up new perspectives for them. They rediscovered the Mirage and also the understanding, the logic of functioning of some systems.

I am even sure that at this very moment they must regularly ask for confirmations or additional information on what they have learned.

Without setting the bar too high, all their modules will benefit from this experience.

We see it on all software and video game creations today, it takes time for the finish to be perfect.

Falcon BMS is the first example, both when it was released and now 21 years later.

I understand your point of view but I do not support it. They deserve to be defended and they know it, it's so easy to add more and more layers (they're not deaf, they're just working), but doing their job is not that simple and they're admirable.

We who love aeronautics, they allow us to take advantage of it by bringing their originality to it, in the choice of planes and fields to come.

A little personal touch, regularly when returning from flight, the pilots had enough to complain about their planes (radar failures, fuel failures, defective inert weapons, avionics failures, birdstrikes, etc...), and yet it helped us to progress, to level up, to become better professional.

Fly safe and have fun!

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator

• 2 months later...
Would you be so kind to name them or give us anymore info?

In the manual of the Mirage and also the Mig19 are Zeus67 (for avionics) and CptSmiley (for flight model) named. No name in the Harrier manual.

On the Razbam homepage, there are also only these two persons (again for Zeus67 for avionics and CptSmiley for flight model) named as coders.

So, according this info and systemwise, you only have one coder for a bugged and incomplete released aircraft, a castastrophical bugged early access aircraft and one fresh released early access aircraft.

So I'm wondering how this fits with what you are saying?

Which coder(s) is working now on the Mirage?

Which coder(s) is working now on the Harrier?

Which coder(s) just did the Mig19 and is working now on it?

If you don't want to give an appropiate answer, then I must assume that I already know it.

So, 2 1/2 months later, would you mind answering those questions?

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

for me is ok, a company cannot take 5-10years for develop a module without pay people work on it, for me razbam do in good way and ED valid it, develop minimum feature, sell, fixe bug and implement features missing by rolling upgrade is for me acceptable. if people doens't accept they dont buy. i am happy to get M2000C and harrier, i wait tucano, mirage III, Mig23 and more.

That is so with Windows, you buy version and you must wait all bug fixe and upgrade.

Edited by jpbordi

Razbam is reaping what they've sowed. Respect, patience and funding is hard earned and easily eroded. By my estimation, they've run out of the early 3rd party grace period from eager and plane hungry enthusiasts. Now they'll get compensated for work performed and nothing more, which is exactly as it should be.

for me is ok, a company cannot take 5-10years for develop a module without pay people work on it, for me razbam do in good way and ED valid it, develop minimum feature, sell, fixe bug and implement features missing by rolling upgrade is for me acceptable.

Problem is, when most of the customers have paid already, it's over, no more money to finish the job, and people get angry, then even less money income due to lack of trust. That's why there are so many unfinished projects here.

"if you don't like it, don't buy it" yeah, but no… It's not the public that makes companies' decisions. It would be better to say: "If your company can't handle oversized project, don't start it".

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module