TM Cougar sealed magnetoresistive/ hall sensor kits - Page 9 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-24-2019, 06:11 PM   #81
SVgamer72

I took my CH Throttle Quadrant apart.

Pots are soldered to a circuit board that is used to mount them. I don't think a simple swap replacement is possible

SVgamer72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 10:41 PM   #82
rel4y

Mmm, that looks like a tough one! Thank you for the pictures though. Now I finally know whats inside.

But arent the white plastic parts holding the pots tightly onto the black plastic cover? If that is the case then my replacement sensors might actually work. I think soldering the sensors in place may not be very hard if they are not held in place by the PCB only.

Another problem could be friction. Is there any sort of friction mechanism or are the levers held in place only ba the pots? If that is the case then my sensors are not a good choise since the ball bearings make them nearly frictionless.

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4...flight-simming
rel4y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 11:16 PM   #83
SVgamer72

Quote:
Originally Posted by rel4y View Post
Mmm, that looks like a tough one! Thank you for the pictures though. Now I finally know whats inside.

But arent the white plastic parts holding the pots tightly onto the black plastic cover? If that is the case then my replacement sensors might actually work. I think soldering the sensors in place may not be very hard if they are not held in place by the PCB only.

Another problem could be friction. Is there any sort of friction mechanism or are the levers held in place only ba the pots? If that is the case then my sensors are not a good choise since the ball bearings make them nearly frictionless.

The white plastic sandwiches between the casing and the circuit board to provide friction and to create a detent. It's like the bearing cap on a cars crankshaft.

The circuit board keeps the pots in place, and is the main anchor point for spacing. I am sure your sensors could be used, but it would require 3D printing a custom mounting solution to replace the original pot/board combo.
SVgamer72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:29 AM   #84
59th_Wittman

Hello rel4y!

I'm glad to read your post!

I have two HOTAS Cougars, older and a new one. I will check the Throttle's PCB version! I will order hall sensors for Stick and Throttle in PM soon.

I have a question! Could you make a hall sensor in place of Antenna Elevation potentiometer?

Thanks in advance!

59th_Wittman
Old 02-04-2019, 04:44 PM   #85
rel4y

Could mods please stop deleting valid posts in this thread? I did not put my thread into this subforum, instead a mod moved it here. It was from the very beginning about more than just Thrustmaster mods, but I cant change titles myself nor move the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59th_Wittman View Post
I have a question! Could you make a hall sensor in place of Antenna Elevation potentiometer?
59th_Wittman
Hi Wittman,
I actually had a lot of requests for the antenna pot lately, but it is not as straightforward as you may think to make that one. It has a center detent and the axle type is conceivably inappropriate for a 3D printed model. i will have a look at it eventually, as at the ministick, but as of currently it is not of very high priority to me. Sorry mate. :/

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4...flight-simming
rel4y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 11:41 AM   #86
59th_Wittman

Hello rel4y!

I send PM.

59th_Wittman
Old 02-13-2019, 04:42 PM   #87
Sierra99
Campaign Testers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rel4y View Post
Could mods please stop deleting valid posts in this thread? I did not put my thread into this subforum, instead a mod moved it here. It was from the very beginning about more than just Thrustmaster mods, but I cant change titles myself nor move the thread
rel4y I deleted my posts because I didn't want to hyjack a TQS thread with suncom questions...

Sorry for the confusion. As far as I know the moderators won't do that to individual threads.

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs x3, Thrustmaster T.Flight Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.
Sierra99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 10:26 AM   #88
Joe Lighty

Just some feedback on the magnetoresistive sensors for the Cougar joystick:
I ordered these from rel4y and he sent them quickly from Germany to Australia - I've just had the chance to install these and they truly are "plug-and-play" - beyond that, my Cougar didn't even need to be calibrated - perfect upon installation - the axis are SUPER smooth.
I have breathed new life into my previously "spiky" Cougar - ready for DCS F16.
Awesome product, great price and service - highly recommended!
Joe Lighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 12:42 PM   #89
59th_Wittman

Default Hall sensor kit

Hall sensors installed my Cougar and working perfectly!

Thank You very much!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trusmaster Cougar with hall sensors.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	2.02 MB
ID:	204715  
Old 02-18-2019, 07:36 PM   #90
Joe Lighty

Interesting gimbal you’ve got there! Is that an Uber?
Joe Lighty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar, hall, sensor, standalone, thrustmaster