I will be hoping the shipping problems disappear soon as my Cougar's potentiometer(s) are starting to spike.

Geez, I just realized this is my first post since joining in 2014?!?!?!

Anyone know the world record for forum lurking? ;)

Edited by Riktar

• 2 weeks later...

I have made ten CH sensors and three CH mainboards today. If anybody is interested send me an email over at mtwsims@tutamail.com smile.gif

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

MagRez - replacement for CH pot; or TLE5010 specific for Arduino controller?

A colleague need a replacement version, for CH PRO throttle.

These are MagRez and a 1to1 replacement for the original pots. :thumbup:

As a reminder, this is how they look:

IMG-20200116-212753.jpg

The mail service still doesnt accept packages to the USA. Well I can apparently send it via UPS, but shipping would be around 25€... :(

Edited by rel4y

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

I have made ten CH sensors and three CH mainboards today. If anybody is interested send me an email over at mtwsims@tutamail.com smile.gif

Installed mine yesterday, all working fine :D

I actually had an entire game session where I didn't have issues with the axis not going from 0-100% correctly.

fs0wMm7.jpg

v7MwCnR.jpg

LcKCAjA.jpg

Yiyp5pw.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the long radio silence.

Good job @ maz0r! Sexy looking CH Throttle! ;)

I have been working day and night the last weeks. And I would like to get right back to it, so just a few quick updates for now. :)

I have a working contactless prototype for the ANT elevation pot of the Cougar and the ANT RNG pot is in progress, though unusually tricky. There are also more interesting Cougar mods coming up, but I will reveal these later. Since I got a few questions about them, CH Fighterstick gimbal and dual stage trigger are on hold for now.

I am currently setting up production for metal parts of the Force sensing stick. My force sensing option will finally be a unit to original F-16 specs and fitting sim pits again (since Arend, the FCC3 mastermind has sadly passed away). Furthermore there will be adapter plates for the Cougar and Warthog. Initially the FCC will come as a Cougar mod (using the Cougar electronics), but the Warthog and standalone version will follow suit soon after. The Warthog laser cut adapter plates will be made within the initial contract.

Currently I am setting up a laser cutting contract for the stainless steel plates needed. The CNC milled Cougar/ Warthog stick adapter parts + special parts of the electronics will be quite expensive, so I might need to set up a kickstarter to cover initial production costs.

Since everybody loves pictures, here you go. :)

FCC-pit-mount.jpg IMG-20190203-212350.jpg

For all that didnt get an email response from me in the past days, expect one today. Overall I am pretty much out of stock on Cougar mods (expected back in stock within two weeks), but I have made a few more CH sensors and CH upgrade mainboards if anybody is interested. :)

Edited by rel4y
  • Like 2

This sounds very interesting R4ley!

Still very happy here with your USB standalone Cougar TQS mod. :)

Also managed to clean the ANT pod and Microstick with Kontakt 60, WL, 61 chemicals (along with some proper bending of the inner pod contacts tnx to cougarworld). They run buttery smooth again without any spike, just like new. Contactless pods may be a worthy investment though in the future.

| AMD RYZEN 5900X | INNO3D RTX 4080 ICHILL | G.SKILL 3200-C14 32GB | ASUS X570-E GAMING | LG 27GP850 2K/QHD |
| TM HOTAS COUGAR | VPC WARBRD BASE | MFG CROSSWIND V2 | G.TRIX JETSEAT KW908 | HP REVERB G2 |

YouTube: ScubyFlying

Oh boy! I was anticipating for this update since the first teaser pics of the new FCC! So, it's getting closer to becoming true!

If a kickstarter is needed, count me in! or as they say: " Shut up and take my money!"

What a great homage to Arend also...

I don't want to downplay your other projects though! The contactless ANT and RNG upgrades are very important also!(I'm looking forward to them!)

...Basically all mods for Cougar are important (I can't stress enough how much!), especially when there is currently no alternative replica in the market and no plans for a new version on the horizon...

Thankfull for your work Rel4y!

• 2 weeks later...

Rel4y - Got a customer from the US trying to reach you for TM Cougar parts (Rich L.), he's having trouble getting accepted to this forum so I had him email you.

PS - my Pro Throttle and Fighterstick with your mainboards and MRpots works perfectly, been using it more in the last months than I did for 10 years! Thanks!!

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 551.76 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3374 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

Rel4y - Got a customer from the US trying to reach you for TM Cougar parts (Rich L.), he's having trouble getting accepted to this forum so I had him email you.

PS - my Pro Throttle and Fighterstick with your mainboards and MRpots works perfectly, been using it more in the last months than I did for 10 years! Thanks!!

@GaryR @Rel4y - Finally able to post. Yes, I sent you an email. I have two Cougar's and i need to get a few Hall replacement sensor's. Please contact me when you can. Thanks

Sorry for the long radio silence.

Good job @ maz0r! Sexy looking CH Throttle! ;)

I have been working day and night the last weeks. And I would like to get right back to it, so just a few quick updates for now. :)

I have a working contactless prototype for the ANT elevation pot of the Cougar and the ANT RNG pot is in progress, though unusually tricky. There are also more interesting Cougar mods coming up, but I will reveal these later. Since I got a few questions about them, CH Fighterstick gimbal and dual stage trigger are on hold for now.

I am currently setting up production for metal parts of the Force sensing stick. My force sensing option will finally be a unit to original F-16 specs and fitting sim pits again (since Arend, the FCC3 mastermind has sadly passed away). Furthermore there will be adapter plates for the Cougar and Warthog. Initially the FCC will come as a Cougar mod (using the Cougar electronics), but the Warthog and standalone version will follow suit soon after. The Warthog laser cut adapter plates will be made within the initial contract.

Currently I am setting up a laser cutting contract for the stainless steel plates needed. The CNC milled Cougar/ Warthog stick adapter parts + special parts of the electronics will be quite expensive, so I might need to set up a kickstarter to cover initial production costs.

Since everybody loves pictures, here you go. :)

FCC-pit-mount.jpg IMG-20190203-212350.jpg

For all that didnt get an email response from me in the past days, expect one today. Overall I am pretty much out of stock on Cougar mods (expected back in stock within two weeks), but I have made a few more CH sensors and CH upgrade mainboards if anybody is interested. :)

Wow! Nice!

Do you have a price in mind yet? (So I can start put some money aside :smilewink:)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Hey there,

I received a bunch of 3D printed parts yesterday (see below) and now I'm in the process of assembling a new batch of sensors. The cougar stick sensors are mostly done already. Tomorrow I will start accepting new orders again! Sorry about the wait guys, I will answer all emails that piled up in the second half of August. 🙂

I will also announce a few new and interesting products soon. I have a truckload of novel project PCBs incoming next week. 🙂 The Force sensing is progressing very well. I am currently in cooperation with some very talented simpit builders from the Falcon BMS community to make the new force sensing base as close to the original as possible. I hope to improve on Arends already great FCC3 in a few points.

Btw if anybody can help me out in how to build a website/ online shop (not shopify please) I'd be very interested. The email system is not very efficient sadly.

Edited by rel4y

I've found Etsy to be quite easy-to-use. Alternatively you can set up an Ebay shop. Also check your email i recently send you a message regarding cougar stuff.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

The communication with the awesome simpit guys was really fruitful and the new force sensing is progressing very well. I designed two variants initially to achieve the real original F-16 stick heighth and angle, something the FCC3 didnt do. So far all seemed to prefer the angled tailpiece variant, but I am really interested in more feedback!

I also made a locking nut to original F-16 specs, although that piece is still beta and subject to change. Next step is getting the electronics production ready. Cheers! :thumbup:

PS: I am targeting ~300€ pricerange for the Cougar version, maybe a bit less.

Cougar-tailpiece-13deg.jpg F-16-original-Verbinder.jpg FCC-13deg-v2.jpg FCC-13deg.jpg FCC-13deg-Verbinder.jpg FCC-Simpit.jpg

Edited by rel4y
  • Like 1

Thanks for the update rel4y!

Following your work on this new force sensing base with high anticipation and interest!

Small question you might be able to answer already. Will this base make use of the original Cougar PCB, or will it replace the old base all together?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

This looks really awesome. Really interested.

PS: I am targeting ~300€ pricerange for the Cougar version, maybe a bit less.

Will the Warthog Version be a Standalone Kit or will there be additional hardware needed to make use of all the buttons on the Grip? (Similiar to Realsimulator FSSB?)

Thanks.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

Small question you might be able to answer already. Will this base make use of the original Cougar PCB, or will it replace the old base all together?

The Cougar version will use the Cougar mainboard. The Simpit version will have its own electronics incl. a 12 Bit ADC. The plan is to initially offer it as a Cougar mod and later (1-2 months) get the Simpit and Warthog versions out.

Will the Warthog Version be a Standalone Kit or will there be additional hardware needed to make use of all the buttons on the Grip? (Similiar to Realsimulator FSSB?)

Not sure yet, I havent progressed this far. I have a Warthog PCB here to play around with the electronics once the Cougar version is out. The buttons shouldnt really be any problem as the sticks simply run on 4021 shift regs. Do you mean by standalone having its own case? Thats not the plan currently, but should be easy peasy once the damn thing works properly in the first place. :P

I already have an angled neck piece for my Cougar so I'd want the straight version of the base smile.gif Keep at it dude

Gotcha! :)

Do you mean by standalone having its own case? Thats not the plan currently, but should be easy peasy once the damn thing works properly in the first place.

Thanks for your answer.

I ment standalone as no requirement to have a base to readout the button-presses. So the internal PCB would actually send the button presses via USB directly as DirectX Inputs.

Was just curious. Either I make myself a small PCB or I use the spare warthog base laying arround :thumbup:

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR

Here is another CAD screengrab so you can get a better idea on how this thing is gonna look. :joystick:

FCC-13deg-grip.jpg

This sounds really excellent!

I'd like an angeled option, and 12 degrees offset to the right, unless being able to tweak through software.

Afaik the real stick is in line with the aircraft but the sensor axes are rotated 12 deg offset. If thats wrong please tell me and Ill fix it. The current plan is to do it Software side and Uri_bas FCC controller can do it. (https://github.com/uriba107/fcc_controller) It really is an amazing little piece of software from what I can tell. You can set the 12deg force offset, as well as use multiple force presets to model the digital and older analog FLCS, make your own force profile, etc. :thumbup:

I havent found a way to contact him yet, but I will and really really hope to be allowed to use his awesome Software! Another nice coincidence is that the thing is programmed for the MCUs I normally work with on my Cougar standalone adapter and CH mainboards. In case anybody knows how to reach him, drop me PM!

Thanks for your answer.

I ment standalone as no requirement to have a base to readout the button-presses. So the internal PCB would actually send the button presses via USB directly as DirectX Inputs.

Was just curious. Either I make myself a small PCB or I use the spare warthog base laying arround :thumbup:

Ah yes. No worries, that will be integrated. Both the Warthog board and and also Uri_bas FCC controller can read out the TM sticks directly. I am just not sure if the Warthog board can read out axes directly without the use of an additional MCU, as it uses a one chip 3D Melexis sensor. If thats not the case, then I would simply go for the FCC controller on the Warthog as well and hopefully implement TARGET compatibility. :smilewink:

Btw I need the communities help as I dont own a Warthog base myself. Could somebody help me out with the measurements for this plate? Or somebody from Europe could send it over for a couple of days? A flatbed scan might also work. I need the outer dimension, thickness and the borehole sizes + radii from center marked in the picture. Then I could make the Warthog version ready as well. I would really appreciate it! :thumbup:

FCC-Warthog2.jpg 123.jpg

Edited by rel4y

Ah yes. No worries, that will be integrated. Both the Warthog board and and also Uri_bas FCC controller can read out the TM sticks directly. I am just not sure if the Warthog board can read out axes directly without the use of an additional MCU, as it uses a one chip 3D Melexis sensor. If thats not the case, then I would simply go for the FCC controller on the Warthog as well and hopefully implement TARGET compatibility.

Alright. Thanks for the reply. In the end I'm happy if I can mount my A-10/Viper Grip from the Warthog on your FCC Base and have all buttons available. Dont care at all about the warthog base itself or Target compatibility. ;)

As I dont own a Warthog base myself. Could somebody help me out with the measurements for this plate? Or somebody from Europe could send it over for a couple of days? A flatbed scan might also work. I need the outer dimension, thickness and the borehole sizes + radii from center marked in the picture. Then I could make the Warthog version ready as well. I would really appreciate it! :thumbup:

Do you prefer Measurements or the whole warthog base? I can do both.

But I'm from Switzerland. Postage and customs will be a bit more complex because of Non-EU. ;)

Feel free to contact me via PM.

Edited by Gruman