VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack - Page 268 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-06-2019, 11:21 AM   #2671
sSkullZnBoneZz

CptT I’m glad to hear you got it working.
Old 07-06-2019, 03:19 PM   #2672
gunterlund21

Does anyone remember how to talk through the dcs menus in Voice attack. I thought you could say "Option 1", "Option 6" etc. but I dont think that is right. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 07-06-2019, 04:31 PM   #2673
sSkullZnBoneZz

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunterlund21 View Post
Does anyone remember how to talk through the dcs menus in Voice attack. I thought you could say "Option 1", "Option 6" etc. but I dont think that is right. Thanks for the feedback.
I use that a lot myself, I just say “options” and the menu comes up.
Old 07-06-2019, 06:02 PM   #2674
DthFrmAbv

okay, I'm not sure whether this is a VAICOM or a VoiceAttack question. Maybe it's both

I mostly use TARGET GUI profiles with my TM Warthog Hotas. The only exception is the A10.
Now when using a TARGET profile, you have that Thrustmaster Virtual Game Controller which is seen by VA as one device. In my case it's Joystick #2. I can easily map a PTT button to that device.

However, when flying the A10, it's two devices (TM Joystick and Throttle). So I map the Throttle as Joystick #1 and also can map a PTT button. Actually the same as before, but for VA it's another device.

But now I always need to switch the config in VA, depending on which joystick setup I want to use. And of course I always forget to do that, need to quit DCS again, remap, rinse and repeat.

There must be a smarter way? How can I have both configs working so that VA/VAICOM work with a PTT button, no matter which setup I currently use?
Old 07-07-2019, 02:00 AM   #2675
lvialpando

Not sure what i am doing wrong here but i have AI RIO Installed but Jester will not Tune TACAN is there something i forgot? The commands are in VA just as tehy are pictured in the manual.
TIA
Old 07-07-2019, 02:09 AM   #2676
Svsmokey

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvialpando View Post
Not sure what i am doing wrong here but i have AI RIO Installed but Jester will not Tune TACAN is there something i forgot? The commands are in VA just as tehy are pictured in the manual.
TIA
Perhaps this will help ?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...postcount=2650

"Hold my beer"
Svsmokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 10:13 AM   #2677
Weegie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunterlund21 View Post
You need to have the "Allow Options" checkbox ticked in preferences

You say "Options" and the menu pops up then you say "Take X" where X is the function key number you want to select.

Personally I just made some commands in the profile that selects a series of the function number and gave them a name, so I did not have to go through 3 or so keypresses repeatedly

I'm having an issue in Easy Comms, Multiplayer where neither the "Select" or calling on the correct frequency works like it should. The radio jumps to another frequency and I end up contacting the wrong airbase or tanker.

So I made some commands and placed them into the Addtional Commands Section.

When I'm Refuelling and tanker boy decides to take away his hose. I just say "Options" then "In the Saddle" (just what I thought would be an easy thing to say) that then presses F6,F1,F1 and I get the hose back. Works pretty good, although I'd still like to know why I jump frequencies, doesn't happen all the time but most of the time.
Weegie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 10:33 AM   #2678
Weegie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DthFrmAbv View Post
okay, I'm not sure whether this is a VAICOM or a VoiceAttack question. Maybe it's both

I mostly use TARGET GUI profiles with my TM Warthog Hotas. The only exception is the A10.
Now when using a TARGET profile, you have that Thrustmaster Virtual Game Controller which is seen by VA as one device. In my case it's Joystick #2. I can easily map a PTT button to that device.

However, when flying the A10, it's two devices (TM Joystick and Throttle). So I map the Throttle as Joystick #1 and also can map a PTT button. Actually the same as before, but for VA it's another device.

But now I always need to switch the config in VA, depending on which joystick setup I want to use. And of course I always forget to do that, need to quit DCS again, remap, rinse and repeat.

There must be a smarter way? How can I have both configs working so that VA/VAICOM work with a PTT button, no matter which setup I currently use?
I use a similar setup, I've noticed that with Win 7 TARGET was rock solid but a little flaky with Win 10 and takes an eternity to load. Sometimes it does not see my stick and I need to restart. Sometimes in DCS I get the single combined profile and the individual device profiles too.

Anyway how about this for a work around, you are using TARGET GUI so it assigns everything via keystrokes.

Assign your PTTs to keystrokes in Voice Attack under the PTT section

Like so

Here is Tx1 Press

Tx1 Release

Now use these same keysrokes in TARGET and assign them to your PTT, where when you press the button in Target, it presses that keystroke and on release, release

Here is Tx6 mapped in TARGET

For Press

For Release

Works for me

Last edited by Weegie; 07-07-2019 at 10:47 AM.
Weegie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 11:03 AM   #2679
kaltokri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weegie View Post
You need to have the "Allow Options" checkbox ticked in preferences

You say "Options" and the menu pops up then you say "Take X" where X is the function key number you want to select.

Personally I just made some commands in the profile that selects a series of the function number and gave them a name, so I did not have to go through 3 or so keypresses repeatedly

I'm having an issue in Easy Comms, Multiplayer where neither the "Select" or calling on the correct frequency works like it should. The radio jumps to another frequency and I end up contacting the wrong airbase or tanker.

So I made some commands and placed them into the Addtional Commands Section.

When I'm Refuelling and tanker boy decides to take away his hose. I just say "Options" then "In the Saddle" (just what I thought would be an easy thing to say) that then presses F6,F1,F1 and I get the hose back. Works pretty good, although I'd still like to know why I jump frequencies, doesn't happen all the time but most of the time.

I have a strange problem with 'options' command.

I fly Ka-50 offline in the republic campaign.
I can use 'options' command in the beginning without any problem. The radio menu is shown instandly. Then I fly to target location and get a call by a jtac. So I need to open the radio menu with 'options', but nothing happens. I tried also the # and AltGr-#-keys and nothing.
Because of that I screwed up the mission.

Next try of that mission, same behaviour. This time at target location I was so frustrated, that I pressed 10 or 20 times #-key and after that the radio menu appears again. Also 'options' vioce command works again.

This is reproduceable on my system.
It looks like this for me:
The longer I fly without using the radio menu, the more often I have to press the # key to get it running again.

I suspect this is a vaicom bug, because I didn't had this problem when I used VoiceAttack without VAICOM.

Can someone confim this?
It is really annoying and it could be the reason I'll stop using VAICOM, if I'm unable to fix it.

'Disable Menus' is deactivated. 'Allow Options' is activated.
Next time I try with deactivated 'Instant Select'.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN
kaltokri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 02:22 PM   #2680
DthFrmAbv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weegie View Post
Anyway how about this for a work around, you are using TARGET GUI so it assigns everything via keystrokes.
thanks, but that would solve only "half of my problem"

If I want keys instead of buttons, I can do that like you've described it.
But when I fly the A-10, I don't use TARGET. So VA needs to be able to deal with joystick buttons.

What I'd need with your example, is a "two way setup" in VA, meaning that I would have to duplicate all TX entries.

Like "Transmit TX1" being either the configured key or the configured joystick button.
I havn't tried, is this possible at all?

----
Actually it IS possible, see image
Thanks mate, I wouldn't have tried without your post
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snip.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	213351  

Last edited by DthFrmAbv; 07-07-2019 at 02:32 PM.
DthFrmAbv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comms, vaicom, viacom, voice recognition, voiceattack