VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack - Page 267 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-01-2019, 04:05 PM   #2661
Kazius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood_315 View Post
@Kazius Use the Select command to switch to Kobuleti ATC.
You can invoke the Instant Select option for Easy Comms ON
and Select Tunes Radio option for Easy Comms OFF.
Manual page 17.
It's fine, I created a work around so Voice Attack auto selects the ATC that the radio in the plane is tuned to so that I don't need to use select options. Also just did this for the F-14B. Plus added so I can just tell AIRIO to tune radio <airport name> and he will tune both radio and select the ATC at the same time to save steps.
Kazius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 08:03 PM   #2662
tmansteve

Thanks dburne. Will watch them and hope I can figure it out

Cheers
tmansteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 09:00 PM   #2663
emc

Hollywood,
MInor typo in docs:
p. 61 section AI Pilot commands (Iceman) shouldn't category be AI Pilot instead of RIO (like with command Ice)

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 1x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 |
Controlls: Saitek Pro Flight X-56 Rhino | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin
emc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 08:22 PM   #2664
Hollywood_315

@emc That's a good one we'll get it corrected cheers.

VR Simpit | Oculus Rift CV1 | ASUS X-99A | Intel 8-core i7-5960X@3GHz | 32GB RAM | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Strix Gaming 11G | Samsung EVO SSD 1TB | HOTAS Thrustmaster Warthog 80mm extended | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | ButtKicker G2 w/ SSA |

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World
www.vaicompro.com
Hollywood_315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 02:32 PM   #2665
tmansteve

Updated to latest Viacompro and stable version of DCS. Harrier in persian gulf and asked for Taxi to Runway. ATC response kept repeating in a loop. Is this DCS or do I need to do something with viacompro?

Cheers
tmansteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 06:07 AM   #2666
jmarso

Hot fix for the night 'radar lock' issue works like a champ!
jmarso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 07:57 PM   #2667
CptTangerine

Hi

I have just bought Vaicom Pro and I cannot get it to recognise my module.

- I am running as Administrator
- I have VA from Steam
- I have deleted the "Export" from the scripts folder
- I have my copy of DCS installed on a SSD and I have used the Custom DCS path to H:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World
- VA is installed on the same drive as DCS

I have searched on this forum, watched Hollywood's videos and read the manual. I feel like I'm missing something very obvious.

I also find that when I try to do the speech training, it is not limited to the commands in the Vaicom DCS dictionary, there's a whole bunch of words in there that do not relate to DCS.

Any help would be very much appreciated as this is driving me nuts.

Thanks!

CptT
Old 07-05-2019, 11:59 PM   #2668
sSkullZnBoneZz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptTangerine View Post
Hi

I have just bought Vaicom Pro and I cannot get it to recognise my module.

- I am running as Administrator
- I have VA from Steam
- I have deleted the "Export" from the scripts folder
- I have my copy of DCS installed on a SSD and I have used the Custom DCS path to H:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World
- VA is installed on the same drive as DCS

I have searched on this forum, watched Hollywood's videos and read the manual. I feel like I'm missing something very obvious.

I also find that when I try to do the speech training, it is not limited to the commands in the Vaicom DCS dictionary, there's a whole bunch of words in there that do not relate to DCS.

Any help would be very much appreciated as this is driving me nuts.

Thanks!

CptT
I’m not sure if this will help but try going into your saved games folder, DCS word, scripts, then delete export.lua then exit out of Voice Attack. Restart Voice Attack and start DCS World. That might help.
Old 07-06-2019, 09:36 AM   #2669
Weegie

CptTangerine

If you are runnning Win 7 getting Vaicom to recognize the aircraft can be a real problem.

I tried and never got it to work. However after I moved to Win 10 somebody posted up about a fix for Win7 and it was a far from obvious problem related to the ports.

I don't know who posted this and it has nothing to do with me, but I cannot find the fix

HOWEVER I was not my usual butt stoopid self that day and copied the reply into a text file. It MIGHT just help, I've attached it in a zip
Attached Files
File Type: zip Viacom No Aircraft Type on Radio Window Fix.zip (3.0 KB, 14 views)
Weegie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 10:20 AM   #2670
CptTangerine

Hi

Thanks for those suggestions. I had already tried deleting the export.lua - this had limited success in that it did start carrying out commands but the Harrier still didn't show up on the PTT tab.

Weegie - thanks for your post. That was a lot more technical than I was expecting to have to get at this time of the morning, but it has done the job so the early-morning brain-ache was well worth it.

Now I just have to learn to use the system

Cheers!

CptT

Tags
comms, vaicom, viacom, voice recognition, voiceattack