VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack - Page 222 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-05-2019, 03:29 PM   #2211
DutchCoolHand

A couple of days ago I just stopped flying DCS because VaicomPro had messed up all my control bindings and updates seemed to come out every day.
Last night I reread 10 pages of information and got things to work again. let me share a few hints and still some small problems.

- I had the radio menus popping up all the time - I did the master reset on the lua file and that solved it.

- I have set several preferences in VaicomPro like Select tunes radio before starting DCS. When in DCS it does not work. When I look at the preferences again the option was turned off. Another good example is the ICS hot mic, I select it but when in DCS it is not set.

I saw a suggestion about holding the transmit button a little longer, This really helps. I have added a command next to go through the kneeboard pages. I found out that I can hold the transmit button and just keep saying Next until I get to the right page. Then let go of the transmit button.

- I added the Jester commands to the kneeboard and with the correct syntax in front of me I can issue the commands and get a response from Jester
Old 04-05-2019, 06:30 PM   #2212
Weegie

I had a weird one in the Aerobatics server in the Hornet, over the last couple of nights

I could contact the tanker on 253.0, but when I tried to pre-contact I could not communicate and my radio would not stay on 253.0, always jumped to 255.0 and no matter how many times I retuned it would select 253.0 for just long enough for me to see the 253 on the scratchpad then immediately jump to 255

Exited out of Vaicom, made some rudimentary commands for the Comms menu and DCS and the server comms work fine, 99% sure VAICOM is the culprit

Strange thing is in single player it works a treat
Weegie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 08:16 PM   #2213
Fercyful

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyE420 View Post
Here is a set of kneeboard cheat sheets I made with all the RIO commands from the manual if anyone wants them. I Never remember the right phrase to say so they help me out big time.
amazing! Please do you have the same for the "normal" commands?

thanks!
Fercyful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 08:18 PM   #2214
funkyfranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyE420 View Post
Here is a set of kneeboard cheat sheets I made with all the RIO commands from the manual if anyone wants them. I Never remember the right phrase to say so they help me out big time.
Well done, mate
funkyfranky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 09:50 PM   #2215
Dudikoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Knight] View Post
When ever I try to change radar stuff like azimuth i get a message that the radar is in lock mode??? how do I get it off this mode and why is this a feature?
Had the same issue in one of the single missions today. I tried to tell Jester to lock on a single target ahead, but kept getting a message from VAICOM that the radar is in lock mode.

It would be nice to know what causes this and how to get around it.
i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!
Dudikoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 12:37 PM   #2216
emc

Hollywood,
Since few releases (I guess 2.5.9.*) I have issue with auto-update, after start VA pop-up shows that new version exists, I click yes to update. After a while I see message that VAICOM plugin initialized. When I restart VA, still previous version of plugin but no pup-up this time.

I noticed that in 2.5.8.* VA was restarted itself (I got notification that VA was not gracefully closed) but now VA never restart after updating plugin.

It is not big deal, but I just wonder what can caused that behavior. Any logs can help you? I can easily recreate scenario.

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 1x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 |
Controlls: Saitek Pro Flight X-56 Rhino | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin
emc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 02:58 PM   #2217
WOPR

Post AIRIO updates, "Take 10" and some other commands don't work for me. VA is recognizing them, but nothing happens. "Take [1-9]" seems to work, but 10, 11, 12, especially 10, aren't doing anything. Other commands, I use commonly work fine. "Request Rearm", "Ground power on", etc.

I have done a LUA reset.
WOPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 04:36 PM   #2218
tmansteve

Just had this pop up after latest update. Is this VoiceAttack? or is it because I have disabled the Squelch? Using 1.73

17:33:22 - UNABLE TO INVOKE PLUGIN, 'VAICOM PRO 2.5. DUE TO EXCEPTION: 'VoiceAttack.VoiceAttackInvokeProxyClass' does not contain a definition for 'State'

Sorry, just seen post a little back. Will update Voice Attack

Last edited by tmansteve; 04-06-2019 at 04:39 PM.
tmansteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 05:21 PM   #2219
maestro72x

Heres a little cheat sheat for RIO (JESTER/ICEMAN):
Sometimes its a pain to learn the options what to say but Vaicom has a pull up list for (show options) yall already know but here are each (show options) for all root commands:

RIO OPTIONS:
(JESTER)
Scan Range
Scan Azimuth
Scan Elevation
Track Single
Select Stores
Set Fuse
Set Ripple Quanity
Set Ripple Time
Set Ripple Distance
Select Stations
Radio Mode
Link Mode
Link Host
Navigate
Restore
Tacan Mode
TACAN Ground Station
TACAN Tune
Countermeasures Mode
Flares Mode
Chaff Program
Display
Dispense Order
Flares Program
(ICEMAN)
Set Altitude
Change Altitude
Change Speed
Set Heading
Turn
maestro72x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 07:26 PM   #2220
Agent_wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by emc View Post
Hollywood,
Since few releases (I guess 2.5.9.*) I have issue with auto-update, after start VA pop-up shows that new version exists, I click yes to update. After a while I see message that VAICOM plugin initialized. When I restart VA, still previous version of plugin but no pup-up this time.

I noticed that in 2.5.8.* VA was restarted itself (I got notification that VA was not gracefully closed) but now VA never restart after updating plugin.

It is not big deal, but I just wonder what can caused that behavior. Any logs can help you? I can easily recreate scenario.

I have the same behavior. The autoupdate seems to work but when I open Ctrl + Alt + C it shows the old version number, even after manually restarting VA.

My VA shows this when autoupdating:
20.57.36 - Plugin 'VAICOM PRO 2.5' initialized.
20.57.36 - Ready for commands.
20.57.35 - Installing...
20.57.35 - Package download complete.
20.56.35 - Downloading package.....
20.56.35 - Executing automatic update.
20.55.01 - New update available!
20.55.01 - Initializing..
20.55.01 - Press LCtrl+LAlt+C for config.
20.55.01 - VAICOM PRO for DCS World. License: PRO
20.55.00 - Plugin support enabled.

This goes back to before AIRIO came out. I have gotten into a habit of downloading the latest .DLLs and replace the old ones after every update.

ANON6-1 | Wolfie
Agent_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comms, vaicom, viacom, voice recognition, voiceattack