F-15E? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-08-2015, 03:34 AM   #1
JazonXD

Default F-15E?

I was curious and I searched up "DCS F-15E" on Google and I was surprised to find that there were many pictures and threads about F-15E model by Razbam. I was really excited, then I looked at the date the posts were made and realized they were like 2 years old and then I got sad... so what happened to the F-15E module? I WOULD KILL FOR A MODULE AND PRE ORDER THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Last edited by JazonXD; 12-08-2015 at 03:47 AM.
JazonXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 04:02 AM   #2
Ripcord

They are busy with their first aircraft right now.

Don't ask me why these dev's seem to think they need to announce a handful of projects so far in advance, but there you go. Doesn't mean, though, that this F-15E project will never happen. You just cannot do them all in parallel and they take time, sometimes longer than expected.

Remember NTTR was at one point going to be part of the A10C project -- now 4-5 years later we are just starting to enjoy it. As Wags says, everything is subject to change. Took way longer than originally thought, but it still got released.

Actually compared to some of the other projects we've seen, 2 years really isn't all that long. Might be flying your Strike Eagle in another 2 years. Who can say?
Old 12-08-2015, 05:29 AM   #3
strikeeagle

That panel is missing the nuke consent switch.

Chris
strikeeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 09:19 AM   #4
TomOnSteam

Well I hope it's the F-15E right after the Mirage

It's a lot more versatile that a tadpole looking A-6 haha
Old 12-08-2015, 09:27 AM   #5
chev255

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomOnSteam View Post
Well I hope it's the F-15E right after the Mirage

It's a lot more versatile that a tadpole looking A-6 haha
Same here... bring on low-level interdiction missions!
chev255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 09:36 AM   #6
Slipp

RAZBAM F-15E is a must!
Slipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 09:36 AM   #7
Aginor
Veteran

Would love to have a properly working Mudhen.
My only fear would be that for a proper F-15E you would need either an AI pilot or an AI WSO that is pretty great in order to have fun playing it alone. Otherwise it is MP only. And you have to find a pilot/WSO that fits your style of play. Or if it is too easy to effectively fly and fight in it alone you won't find anyone at all.

We know Leatherneck are trying to do that for for the F-14 and we don't know whether it will work well (yet).
So that is a risk for development of course. I hope RAZBAM decides to try and pull it off. But to be honest: I'd be almost equally happy with a single seat multi-role jet that fills roughly the same role.

EDIT: The whole thing is the same for an A-6 btw.
Aginor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 11:31 AM   #8
Rabso

Can I ask what happened to IRIS F-15E? they have even pulled out the FSX version!
Old 12-08-2015, 12:21 PM   #9
pepin1234

Is don't see a clears flyable Counterpart to face the F-15E for the same task. As you can see all have you get till the date is: HUEY vs Mi-8, F-86 vs Mig-15, trainers jet from several countries, Germans WWII vs Western Allies WWII,

Future counterparts:

Mig-21 vs F-5 (Planned), Polyshop team choppers (planned) vs Ka-50.

I don't see any announced for the near future counterpart for the F-15E
Old 12-08-2015, 12:26 PM   #10
JazonXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepin1234 View Post
Is don't see a clears flyable Counterpart to face the F-15E for the same task. As you can see all have you get till the date is: HUEY vs Mi-8, F-86 vs Mig-15, trainers jet from several countries, Germans WWII vs Western Allies WWII,

Future counterparts:

Mig-21 vs F-5 (Planned), Polyshop team choppers (planned) vs Ka-50.

I don't see any announced for the near future counterpart for the F-15E
But the F-15E is the countered by just about everything that counters the F-15C in terms of air superiority. For ground attack and CAS, I would say the 29s and 27s still counter that role as well because they also can deliver bombs and rockets...etc.
JazonXD is offline   Reply With Quote