PCA/HUD updates - Page 3 - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2019, 07:03 AM   #21
LastRifleRound
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 215
Default

This is good stuff, so I'm truly not trying to be a downer, but any news on the non-trip dependent fixes? Regardless of the function of the PCA, the nav fixes need to corrected, the waypoint locations are all still off, and CCRP still doesn't hit its target, and OB mode still requires a manual release. These are all things that aren't mentioned in the MLO or in this thread, but really need to be fixed.

The above seem to be new ways to get into still-broken modes.
LastRifleRound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:34 AM   #22
Steph21
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus67 View Post
4. MAG button on the PCA does NOT select Magic. It performs other functions: enabling the missile and starting MAV search.
Will MAV Search be implemented ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus67 View Post
7. With the HUD/Aircraft in AG ATTACK mode, clicking the PIP HOTAS switch back, will save the AG weapon selection and release parameters, return the HUD/aircraft to NAV mode. The PCA will also enter NAV mode. The AG weapon remains selected.
By saying 'release parameters will be saved', does it mean CCRP cueing indications will get back on the HUD toward selected target once AG Attack Mode is re-enabled via a PIP forward push after having done a PIP Aft while in AG Attack mode ?
Or would we have to re-designate our target after PIP Aft in AG Mode ?
Not sure i'm clear

Last edited by Steph21; 07-11-2019 at 08:36 AM.
Steph21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:31 PM   #23
jojo
Veteran
 
jojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: France
Posts: 3,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph21 View Post
By saying 'release parameters will be saved', does it mean CCRP cueing indications will get back on the HUD toward selected target once AG Attack Mode is re-enabled via a PIP forward push after having done a PIP Aft while in AG Attack mode ?
Or would we have to re-designate our target after PIP Aft in AG Mode ?
Not sure i'm clear
No, it means you can make all your attack settings on PPA and PCA while navigating to the target, or even before take off, and then go into attack mode (stick special mode FWD) and set Matser Arm ON at the last moment.

This updates will make the M-2000C way more convenient to operate.
__________________
Flickr gallery:
https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:33 PM   #24
jojo
Veteran
 
jojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: France
Posts: 3,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRifleRound View Post
This is good stuff, so I'm truly not trying to be a downer, but any news on the non-trip dependent fixes? Regardless of the function of the PCA, the nav fixes need to corrected, the waypoint locations are all still off, and CCRP still doesn't hit its target, and OB mode still requires a manual release. These are all things that aren't mentioned in the MLO or in this thread, but really need to be fixed.

The above seem to be new ways to get into still-broken modes.
That’s a matter of priority. There isn’t a magical wand to fix it all at once
Let’s enjoy the good news.
__________________
Flickr gallery:
https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:53 PM   #25
Steph21
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
No, it means you can make all your attack settings on PPA and PCA while navigating to the target, or even before take off, and then go into attack mode (stick special mode FWD) and set Matser Arm ON at the last moment.

This updates will make the M-2000C way more convenient to operate.
Ok, so saving release parameters means saving parameters set on PPA. Got it
Steph21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 01:28 PM   #26
jojo
Veteran
 
jojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: France
Posts: 3,312
Default

Actually, I should have said “save parameters on PCA”.
Once it’s set on PPA it’s done, it doesn’t change.
On PCA you can choose ranging solution (TAS/ RS) rockets options (INT/ EXT) and stuff like that.

I posted several times a video of Mirage 2000N at Red Flag.
There is a footage though the HUD, you can see that he dives on target from medium altitude in NAV mode, go attack mode, then switch master arm on just before target designation and pull up for release.
__________________
Flickr gallery:
https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 02:36 PM   #27
DrGarantia
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Brazil
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
4. MAG button on the PCA does NOT select Magic. It performs other functions: enabling the missile and starting MAV search.
What MAV search means/do?
DrGarantia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 02:39 PM   #28
LastRifleRound
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
That’s a matter of priority. There isn’t a magical wand to fix it all at once
Let’s enjoy the good news.
Last time I checked code wasn't written with a magic wand.

I believe those changes should be prioritzed, that's the whole point.

To each their own. I voiced my opinion and I'm not trying to hijack the thread. Carry on.
LastRifleRound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 03:11 PM   #29
jojo
Veteran
 
jojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: France
Posts: 3,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGarantia View Post
What MAV search means/do?
It uses the Magic II as an IRST. Mica IR does the same for Mirage 2000-5 and Rafale.
__________________
Flickr gallery:
https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 05:57 PM   #30
Zeus67
3rd Party Developer
 
Zeus67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ecuador
Posts: 3,066
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph21 View Post
Will MAV Search be implemented ?
Eventually
__________________
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."
Zeus67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:20 PM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.