MiG 21 vs modern fighters

lucien

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a look in the wishlist threads, it's rarely mentioned. There is simply a lack of demand compared to, let's say, a Panavia Tornado, F-16, F-15, or even Western trainers.

I too would like to see it, but the sad truth is that we are in a minority. Not to say that people don't want it, they just want Western aircraft a lot more.

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

Panavia tornado is a cool plane, and quite often overlooked in favor of american designs. At least in the english speaking forums they go that way you say. What about the others, dunno

panavia is kinda meh.

it doesnt have the sort of raw p/w performance as an Eagle or Viper, and early versions of the attack Variations like thre Gr1 would basically be employed like the Viggen. flying faster than mach 1 at treetop level, dropping ordinance and scooting back to base.

Brits found out the hard way in he gulf war, that doctrine didn't work so well anymore with modern air defenses that consisted of radar guided Spaags like the Shilka, and Manpads, making low level attacks dangerous, hence why the $$ was spent modernizing the Panavia to Gr4 standards essentially making the Tornado a mid- high altitude Precision guided weapons strike jet.

AS per experience Standoff attacks with guided weapons were deemed safer than low level hit and run attacks.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

panavia is kinda meh.

it doesnt have the sort of raw p/w performance as an Eagle or Viper, and early versions of the attack Variations like thre Gr1 would basically be employed like the Viggen. flying faster than mach 1 at treetop level, dropping ordinance and scooting back to base.

Brits found out the hard way in he gulf war, that doctrine didn't work so well anymore with modern air defenses that consisted of radar guided Spaags like the Shilka, and Manpads, making low level attacks dangerous, hence why the $$ was spent modernizing the Panavia to Gr4 standards essentially making the Tornado a mid- high altitude Precision guided weapons strike jet.

AS per experience Standoff attacks with guided weapons were deemed safer than low level hit and run attacks.

And the A-A variants are like a MiG-31 that con't out-speed anything and has lesser range missiles, to keep with format you also have no BFM capabilities.

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

I'd take an export Mig-23, 25, or 29 over an F-16 or another F-15 module any day. ;)

I would love to see a full fidelity Mig-29K or Su-33... but that certainly won't happen (especially since the 29K is new). :(

Modules:

Owned:

P-51D, F/A-18C, AJS-37, NTTR, F-5E, M-2000C, Bf 109, Fw 190 D-9, F-86F, Mig-15Bis, A-10C, Combined Arms, Mi-8Mtv2, UH-1H, Black Shark 2, Mig-21Bis, FC3, F-14A/B, Mig-19, Spitfire, JF-17, Persian Gulf

Would Like to See:

Mig-29K, Su-24, Mig-25, J-8II, J-10 , Tornado

Specifications:

Windows 10 64Bit, i7-7700K 4.2Ghz, GTX 1080, 16Gb RAM, T.flight Stick X

And the A-A variants are like a MiG-31 that con't out-speed anything and has lesser range missiles, to keep with format you also have no BFM capabilities.

pretty much , yea. :/

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD