TM Warthog Keybinds For 3 and 2 Position Switches

Colseg

Thanks for the explanation - I'll copy that over when I get home. The profile is still heavily WIP, but my SE/ST buttons are mostly mapped to flaps control on other jets (or engine start-stop if I combine them with throttle fingertip buttons 9/10 which I use as modifiers). :D

That said, shame LN didn't implement the "next weapon"/"previous weapon" keys yet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Real men fly ground attack :pilotfly: where EVERYTHING wants a piece of you :D

Warthog guys, please provide following information:

1. exact description of a problem (the shorter - the better),

2. solution proposal (the shorter - the better),

3. improved OR new confirmed (working) inputs code you would like to see in next patch (or 1.5.0 release).

Note that proposed solution have to be applicable to hardware other than the Warthog, and as little as possible extension to current inputs list. Improvements of present inputs will have priority over the new inputs addition.

Few important things have a better chance to be officially implemented than a list of dozens of inputs, some rarely used in average gaming session.

Worth mentioning:

- None of us have a Warthog (not that I know), so we can't test every input.

- We can't promise anything but a good will to take a look at this for a limited time.

Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Until 1.2 all assignment Warthog's users wants can be achieved with LUA modifications like done be Colseg.

The replacing commands with "toggle only" options broken some "Warthog compatibility": assign function to his 3 position switches.

On the other side people with "3in1"joystick or HOTAS like CH - momentary buttons only, like keyboard - complain about buttons "wastage" for some functions (use more than one button)...

The ideal solution will be like in il-2 CloD (although this have some flaws*) - all commands has toggle and ON and OFF assignment option.

* Don't consider 3 position switches.

But #1 wishes for controls changes is:

Weapon selector = next

Weapon selector = previous

:)

Edited by Sokol1_br
add

Thanks Dolphin.

You might want to speak directly with Colseg for a concise list of errors and possible solutions. He has done and excellent job.

As far as i can tell:

Problem with previous version: TM warthog HOTAS has many 2 and 3 position switches. They dindt work all with the oficial release (only worked one of the switch positions as an input). They started working with Colseg mod.

The problem might be that for example a 2 positions switch, windows only recognize one off the positions as a button imput. In the game, if the module input is correctly modeled (eg. A10C), the sim detects the two, one if "button is ON" and the other is "button" is off. This doesn't happens with the mig-21.

Problem with DCS 1.5: sim inputs work as toggle buttons and they get desynched with switchs positions.

DCS 1.5 plus colseg mod bring some of the and 3 position switches back. External lights don't work. Airbreak and emergency afterburner work as a google button.

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for sharing this!

Using DCS 1.5.0 fails to load "CONTROLS" page if the following two lines are present in default.lua:

--Alternate Weapon Selection Dial
--{down=device_commands.ASPlauncherSelect,cockpit_device_id=devices.WEAPON_CONTROL,value_down=weapon_selecter(),name='Select Weapon Dial Clockwise',category='Weapons / Select'},
--{down=device_commands.ASPlauncherSelect,cockpit_device_id=devices.WEAPON_CONTROL,value_down=weapon_selecter(),name='Select Weapon Dial Counter Clockwise',category='Weapons / Select'},

Switching to another tab and back to CONTROLS seems to resolve the problem, but all the alternates are gone. Commening out the lines like above fixes the issue. Is the clockwise / counterclockwise broken in 1.5.0?

Edit: just upgraded to 1.5.1, same issue there

Edited by millmax
upgrade

• 2 months later...

This may have already been asked and possibly has a very simple solution.

How do I invert the 2-way switch positions?

I'm trying to bind the EAC switch to match the Nosecone Auto/Manual switch.

Currently: Warthog Switch up = MiG-21 Switch Down (I want this fixed)

Any help would be amazing!

Frisco1522

How do I invert the 2-way switch positions?

I'm trying to bind the EAC switch to match the Nosecone Auto/Manual switch.

Currently: Warthog Switch up = MiG-21 Switch Down (I want this fixed)

Frisco1522

Check this.

Inverted: value_down=0.0,value_up = 1.0

Normal: value_down=1.0,value_up = 0.0

Edited by Jansgi
Fixed

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600X

AMD Radeon™ RX 6800 XT 

G.Skill 32GB (2 x 16GB) Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600MHz

Check this.

Inverted: value_down=0.0,value_up = 1.0

Normal: value_down=1.0,value_up = 0.0

More generally, exchange the up and down values as well as the value_up and value_down values. Often up and down are the same, but if they aren't they must be exchanged.

• 4 weeks later...

General input binding

Input binding with Wathog Thrustmaster or Leobonard controlers is the same approach :

-> 2 positions switch -> lua combo down definition : when push (switch up position, electric contact connected), lua combo up definition: when release (switch down position, no electric contact).

-> 3 positions switch -> Same approach, but 2 actions (switch up and switch down position, 2 electric contacts connected) with lua combo down definition, and the same action when lua combo up definition (switch to center, release position, no electric contact)

for temporary switch, this is the same construction.

So the lua file input definition may drive up and down control, up control equal to release position, those states may be hold or not (if temporary switch).

The flaps work if lua definition is good. But now, landing/taxi lights doesn't work anymore (since 1.5 was beta released).

Encoder is equal as a 3 positions switch and perfect for + (up) or - (down) configurations with upper and lower limits (example : Radio RSBN nav + ou nav -). But this case doesn't work (only works the keyboard binding). I tried to copy the 2 lines of the keyboard default input in joystick default input, then I crashed DCS 1.5.2. Cause, I think, the use of pressed lua combo definition instead of down/up lua combo definition.

It may be very interesting if those functions works on Mig21bis this such rules and controlers....

I HOPE!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1. exact description of a problem (the shorter - the better),

2. solution proposal (the shorter - the better),

3. improved OR new confirmed (working) inputs code you would like to see in next patch (or 1.5.0 release).

On a specific example, pitot heat switch and air start switch:

1. Before (with the old control scheme) the device_commands.PitoHeatMain worked with 1.0 and 0.0 values (up and down). Now, whatever the value it always toggles. So it's impossible to create a good "function" for a 2 state warthog switch. Similarly with the airstart.

BUT, with the airstart you also added a _2pos variant that behaves like before.

So now we have:

- device_commands.PitoHeatMain - always toggles

- device_commands.AirStart - always toggles

- device_commands.AirStart_2pos - specific value, great for warthog switches

2. Add _2pos variants to all switches where it makes sense. I can see you already did for some (after the original input change there were none). But some are still missing, e.g.:

- all the pitot switches

- airbrake

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just adding this here, not sure if the info is welcome or not but nevertheless, here it is.

I used to use this method of modifying the lua files for the warthog toggles, but I've actually found it more convenient to use autohotkey scripts for each individual module that intercept the toggles and map them to the keyboard commands.

The following is a single button example of the remapped WH throttle stop button for the mig21.

; --- HOTAS WH Throttle Button 29

3Joy29:: ; Sets for Device 3 button 29 your device ID may vary

Send +#e ; Send throttle stop toggle

SetTimer, WaitForButtonUp29, 10

return

WaitForButtonUp29:

if GetKeyState("3Joy29")

return

Send +#e ; Send throttle stop toggle can send different keyboard command here for true toggle functions.

SetTimer, WaitForButtonUp29, off

return

Yes this gets out of sync on commands like the throttle stop which have a single command rather than supporting on / off states, but I do find it more reliable, and it works fantastic on the functions that do have separate on/off states in the module. I was finding by editing the lua file for the toggles as described in this thread, I was for some reason having them time and become unresponsive as well, necessitating flipping the switch a second time to get it to respond if a switch was left in the on position for an extended time. Using autohotkey it's been extremely responsive, never times out, and I actually find it more convenient because you don't have to replace or potentially go over your lua files every time there's an update.

Use that info for what it's worth if you find it benefits you.

Edited by FeistyLemur

Input binding with Wathog Thrustmaster or Leobonard controlers is the same approach :

-> 3 positions switch -> Same approach, but 2 actions (switch up and switch down position, 2 electric contacts connected) with lua combo down definition, and the same action when lua combo up definition (switch to center, release position, no electric contact)

The flaps work if lua definition is good.

The Alternate Flaps doesnt work on my Warthog throttle.

Expexted behaviour:

Switch up = MiG-21bis flapsbutton 1

Switch MR =MiG-21bis flapsbutton 2

Switch DN =MiG-21bis flapsbutton 3

Thats how its working in the A-10C

However, in my Alternate flaps, only UP & DN works.

I suppose the Flaps is an 3 position SPDT-type ON-OFF-ON switch.

202972417.jpg

any ideas..?

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

Use one of the 3 pos switches on the warthog and it should work. I used to use the lua method with the flaps switch on the WH throttle and it worked with "alternate flaps".

It's really easy to set up in autohotkey and works great if you can't get it working through the .lua

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've spent far longer than I'd care to admit tonight trying to fix the code to make the landing lights work on a 3 way switch. (I was using the pinky switch on the throttle, didn't try the others.)

The third line for the two way switches works perfectly if you use values of 1 and 1 as shown in the following code.

As far as the three way switches go I've found that if you use this:

--Alternate Landing Lights
{down=device_commands.LandingLights,up=device_commands.LandingLights,cockpit_device_id=devices.LIGHTS,value_down=0.5,value_up=-0.5,name='Alternate Landing Lights Land',category='Lights'},
{down=device_commands.LandingLights,up=device_commands.LandingLights,cockpit_device_id=devices.LIGHTS,value_down=-0.5,value_up=0.5,name='Alternate Landing Lights Off',category='Lights'},
{down=device_commands.LandingLights,up=device_commands.LandingLights,cockpit_device_id=devices.LIGHTS,value_down=1.0,value_up=1.0,name='Alternate Landing Lights Land 2 Position Only',category='Lights'},

Then the switch will work but *only* if you first click the switch with the mouse (and then make sure to put it back in sync with the physical switch.) If you do this then the switch will work perfectly. If you don't first click the switch then it will make the proper noise every time you move the physical switch but the cockpit switch will not move.

This leads me to believe there is some sort of bug in the code that Leatherneck has to fix for it to work 100% properly.

I spent about 30 seconds messing with the nav lights too but decided that would push me across the line into insanity. As far as I can tell that one just advances forward one position and keeps cycling through the positions every time it's triggered no matter how you set it. So probably another bug on Leatherneck's end unless they just decided to make that one non-configurable now.

Edited by BRING GUNS

• 5 weeks later...

My experience...

A few months ago (Feb 2016), I reported a bug on the buttons which have to be clicked before use with a two or three position switches.

I see that the default lua file is much better and that works ! :thumbup:

I add that on the default lua file :

-- Special Switch Config

{down=device_commands.Flaps0, up=device_commands.Flaps25, cockpit_device_id=devices.FLAPS, value_down=1.0, value_up=1.0, name='Flaps 0 ELSE 25', category='Special Switch Config'},

{down=device_commands.Flaps45, up=device_commands.Flaps25, cockpit_device_id=devices.FLAPS, value_down=1.0, value_up=1.0, name='Flaps 45 ELSE 25', category='Special Switch Config'},

{down=device_commands.GearLever, up=device_commands.GearLever, cockpit_device_id=devices.GEARS, value_down=1.0, value_up=0.0, name='Gears Up ELSE Neutral', category='Special Switch Config'},

{down=device_commands.GearLever, up=device_commands.GearLever, cockpit_device_id=devices.GEARS, value_down=-1.0, value_up=0.0, name='Gears Down ELSE Neutral',category='Special Switch Config'},

{down=device_commands.GearHandleFixator, up=device_commands.GearHandleFixator, cockpit_device_id=devices.GEARS, value_down=0.0, value_up=1.0, name='Gears Handle Lock engaged ELSE released', category='Special Switch Config'},

{down=device_commands.ASPvozduhZemlja, up=device_commands.ASPvozduhZemlja, cockpit_device_id=devices.WEAPON_CONTROL, value_down=1.0, value_up=0.0, name='Master Mode - Air ELSE Ground', category='Special Switch Config'},

{down=device_commands.ASPssNeutrRns, up=device_commands.ASPssNeutrRns, cockpit_device_id=devices.WEAPON_CONTROL, value_down=0.0, value_up=0.5, name='Weapon AA Mode - SAR Missile ELSE Neutral', category='Special Switch Config'},

{down=device_commands.ASPssNeutrRns, up=device_commands.ASPssNeutrRns, cockpit_device_id=devices.WEAPON_CONTROL, value_down=1.0, value_up=0.5, name='Weapon AA Mode - IR Missile ELSE Neutral', category='Special Switch Config'},

{down=device_commands.ASPmissileGunSelect_2pos, up=device_commands.ASPmissileGunSelect_2pos, cockpit_device_id=devices.ASP, value_down=1.0, value_up=0.0, name='ASP Mode - Gun ELSE Launch', category='Special Switch Config'},

{down=device_commands.ASPbombStrelbSelect_2pos, up=device_commands.ASPbombStrelbSelect_2pos, cockpit_device_id=devices.ASP, value_down=1.0, value_up=0.0, name='ASP Mode - Shooting ELSE Bombardment', category='Special Switch Config'},

{down=device_commands.ASPmanAutoSelect_2pos, up=device_commands.ASPmanAutoSelect_2pos, cockpit_device_id=devices.ASP, value_down=1.0, value_up=0.0, name='ASP Main Mode - Auto ELSE Manual', category='Special Switch Config'},

{down=device_commands.ASPssGiroSelect_2pos, up=device_commands.ASPssGiroSelect_2pos, cockpit_device_id=devices.ASP,value_down=0.0, value_up=1.0, name='ASP Mode - Giro ELSE Missiles', category='Special Switch Config'},

{down=device_commands.RADARon, up=device_commands.RADARon, cockpit_device_id=devices.RADAR, value_down=1.0, value_up=0.5, name='Radar On ELSE Standby',category='Special Switch Config'},

{down=device_commands.RADARon, up=device_commands.RADARon, cockpit_device_id=devices.RADAR, value_down=0.0 , value_up=0.5, name='Radar Off ELSE Standby',category='Special Switch Config'},

{down=device_commands.RADARlowAlt, up=device_commands.RADARlowAlt, cockpit_device_id=devices.RADAR, value_down=1.0, value_up=0.5, name='Low Altitude Antenna Tilt ELSE Low Alt Filter', category='Special Switch Config'},

{down=device_commands.RADARlowAlt, up=device_commands.RADARlowAlt, cockpit_device_id=devices.RADAR, value_down=0.0, value_up=0.5, name='Low Altitude Filter Off ELSE Low Alt Filter', category='Special Switch Config'},

{down=device_commands.RADARfixBeam, up=device_commands.RADARfixBeam, cockpit_device_id=devices.RADAR, value_down=1.0, value_up=0.0 ,name='Locked Beam On ELSE Off',category='Special Switch Config'},

{down=device_commands.RSBNmode, up=device_commands.RSBNmode, cockpit_device_id=devices.RSBN, value_down=1.0, value_up=0.5, name='RSBN Mode: Descend ELSE Nav', category='Special Switch Config'},

{down=device_commands.RSBNmode, up=device_commands.RSBNmode, cockpit_device_id=devices.RSBN, value_down=0.0, value_up=0.5, name='RSBN Mode: Landing ELSE Nav', category='Special Switch Config'},

{down=device_commands.AirStart_2pos, up=device_commands.AirStart_2pos, cockpit_device_id=devices.ENGINE_START_DEVICE, value_down=1.0, value_up=0.0, name='Engine Emergency Air Start On ELSE Off', category='Special Switch Config'},

{down=device_commands.Zazig, up=device_commands.Zazig, cockpit_device_id=devices.ENGINE_START_DEVICE, value_down=1.0, value_up=0.0, name='APU On ELSE Off', category='Special Switch Config'},

Landing lights are still not ok... :( and I think that swiches on the right vertical side (Missile heat, gun, etc...) must have their own 2 pos with 0.0 and 1.0 values.

I hope that next release adds thoses switches capabilities....

Edited by sunski34

I submitted a bug report about having to click the in game switches first to get them to respond to 2 or 3 way switches and they said they'd fixed it and it *might* be in the next patch...just before the last patch. Doesn't seem to have made it in so hopefully it's fixed in the next update!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just start to move too fast.

To solve the problem change the values (from 0.1 to 0.01) in lines 482 and 483.

{combos={{key='O'}},pressed=device_commands.RUDoblog_kb_up,cockpit_device_id=devices.ASP,value_pressed=0.01,value_up=0.0,name='TDC Range / Pipper Span +',category='Radar and SPO'},
{combos={{key='L'}},pressed=device_commands.RUDoblog_kb_down,cockpit_device_id=devices.ASP,value_pressed=0.01,value_up=0.0,name='TDC Range / Pipper Span -',category='Radar and SPO'},

• 8 months later...

nice thanks

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

• 1 year later...

I feel like an idiot... and hope that this Necro is legit.

So I downloaded this excellent file and for the life of me.. I cannot get the TDC axis to work.

I looked through the file using notepad and found the code attempting to execute..

"To solve the problem change the values (from 0.1 to 0.01) in lines 482 and 483."

But mine appear to have already been changes from 0.1 to 0.01. And still it doesn't twist. Now, I know that I can still chase things down for locks.. but it's so fun to use the other throttle for this function.

Does anyone have a copy of this .lua file that fixes this issue that they could send to this poor and twistless Mig21 soul?