DCS F-35A

Wags

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F35C is slated to arrive for our guys here in NAF this year.:thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Will it be highly accurate like the A-10 and Ka-50 and Huey.

apparently that is what they are aiming for :D

those models look fantastic too!

Can't wait for the videos, this is looking really promising. I'll be supporting the kickstarter for sure, I really would love to get the B version at least - STVOL is just too cool to not be used whenever possible :D

Sponsored by: http://www.ozpc.com.au

I wonder why aren't they ( shots ) in hd res. Eagle post in HD and count me in. You website change colors on iPad lol

INTEL CORE I7 6700K

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO

ASUS ROG GTX1080Ti Strix OC

16GB @ 4100 MHz |CORSAIR

Intel 730 SSD 240GB

Corsair 850 W Modular PSU

Corsair Obsidian 650d

Logitech X-56 HOTAS ,Saitek X-65F HOTAS, Pro Ruder Pedals, Pro Flight Instrument Panel

NP TrackIr 5 Pro

Windows 10 PRO

I'm curious about the vertical stabs... Just as a conversation piece I envisioned potential to have a profile more resembling of the F22- these seem very narrow by comparison. Any thoughts on that or is it "just the way it is?"

That's really the way they are...

Compare the F-35A: http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Air/Lockheed-Martin-F-35A/2225430/&sid=cfeaa3af9101450bbdf5f34138c8363e

To the F-22: http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Air/Lockheed-Martin-F-22A/2234397/&sid=b7a2a276c959f50c83b3de5cb18c74d6

The F-35 doesn't have the sexiest profile, but viewing from the top or the bottom, she looks very sweet!

Inboard weapon bay doors need to be open more as they have about a inch and a half clearance between them in the front.

What are you talking about? Are you talking about the picture looking at the front of the plane? (Head on) I believe you are looking at the nose wheel gear doors or the as there is no "inboard" weapon bay doors. Only a left and a right side...

EDIT: I see what you are talking about, (the inner door's should be closer together)

Edited by Mike Busutil

I'm curious about the vertical stabs... Just as a conversation piece I envisioned potential to have a profile more resembling of the F22- these seem very narrow by comparison. Any thoughts on that or is it "just the way it is?"

Thats just the way they are. More of a common design but it works just the same.

"There is always a small microcosm of people

who need to explain away their suckage"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What are you talking about? Are you talking about the picture looking at the front of the plane? (Head on) I believe you are looking at the nose wheel gear doors or the as there is no "inboard" weapon bay doors. Only a left and a right side...

EDIT: I see what you are talking about, (the inner door's should be closer together)

Yeah, the WBD have a about a 2 inch gap between the inboard doors right at the front. They just have to have the doors open more thats all. The outboard doors look good though.

This picture shows just how close the doors are. AF-01 Seperation test....

Edited by beaupower32

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dont think he was doubting me, just questioning what I was talking about. Nothing wrong with that....

Correct, :thumbup:

I first saw your post and read "Inboard weapon bay". After reading again I saw the word "doors" attached. :D

Inboard weapon bay doors need to be open more as they have about a inch and a half clearance between them in the front.

Be careful on this. Because these are renders, much like photographs, they are subject to some optical illusions (optical focal distance, etc.) that can sometimes be unrepresentative of true proportions.

You are, however, most likely correct given your background, and it is worth looking into.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

The F-22 is supercruising all day and also needs to be supermanuverable. The F-35 does not need to be as proficient in these areas. The 22 is also twin engine, and in engine out needs enough yaw control to retain the ability to fly straight.

Less area is good because it means less skin friction, and there is weight too of course.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Should be easy to do paulrkiii. We have the doors open on both sides during launch and recovery. the left side is electrical/hydraulic, right side is where we hook up the computer/comm cord/ hydraulic.

The red pouch under the comm cord on your lower picture is where we keep the landing gear pins/tail hook pin/ and cockpit pins.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Should be easy to do paulrkiii. We have the doors open on both sides during launch and recovery. the left side is electrical/hydraulic, right side is where we hook up the computer/comm cord/ hydraulic.

Are you working with Kinney Interactive?

The red pouch under the comm cord on your lower picture is where we keep the landing gear pins/tail hook pin/ and cockpit pins.

Pins are overrated ;) I'm an A-10 crew chief, glad to see another maintainer around here.