DCS F-35A

Wags

I was a bit sceptical when I first heard of a DCS:F-35, after all it's an aircraft that's not even operational yet, let alone it being classified and unproven in combat.

Many questions arise such as how it will function in relation with other aircraft, can all the proposed weapon platforms be utilised efficiently, is it capable of swing role, can it operate effectively with legacy aircraft on the battlefield, can it even trap safely on a carrier, is the HMCS going to even work effectively or are pilots going to constantly suffer blurry images, will the aircraft still have to avoid clouds, what is the life expectancy of the RAM paint and how does it stand up to harsh weather, will the aircraft ever be able to operate efficiently under temperatures of less than 15 deg C. These are questions amongst many more that haven't yet been proven in the real world.

I'm sure most of the issues with the F-35 will eventually be resolved but it is a long and ever increasing list.

But if like I believe Kinney Interactive have the right mind set, then hopefully this can develop into an interesting project that can grow with the real F-35. With so many partners on board with the F-35 programme then it may be a platform on to military desktop simulation for KI, who knows what doors that could open and how much further that could take DCS:F-35A.

For me a smart and resourceful third party taking this on can only be a good venture and I will be fully supportive from now on.

Best of luck with it.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The F-35 already out-climbed the F-16 in the real world, not on paper. It will also out-turn the F-16 in ITR, but not in STR, when the F-16 is clean. Not exactly a big deal. Using Kopp also doesn't get you points.

Contrary to propaganda that the plane will give a whole new level of battlefield possibilities, a F-16 can out turn and out climb a F-35, then u should take into account the the ability's of it Plus this graph put out by the same annalists http://www.ausairpower.net/jsf.html scroll down.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

It's a decreasing list. There's a huge difference between what we hear about, when he hear about it and for how long, and how fast those problems are actually dealt with.

I'm sure most of the issues with the F-35 will eventually be resolved but it is a long and ever increasing list.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Where's the fun in flying something that can't be locked on radar and shot at?

I'll be sticking with the F/A-18C for a bit more realism and more of a challenge.

Wouldn't mind flying with a couple of F- 35's doing SEAD though.

That way we can make the target zone real hot ;)

Yeah USAF is so OP! Nerf them! The other Air Forces in the world have no chance!

I mean war is a matter of equal strength and matching classes, right?

I mean war is a matter of equal strength and matching classes, right?

In the gaming world, yes :)

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

F4F Wildcat the thunderchief and of course the early F-4 phantoms when they got in a tussle with a Mig-21 although they rectified the problem and gave it a gun. Oh and did i forget to mention many korea war fighters that they gave new wings to because of low success rates in dogfights.

Sure, new designs are naturally prone to failures / design errors. But some people like to scream "It's a total crap! Cancel the project before we spend more money on it!" just when first little failure in prototype phase is experienced.

I have a minor hobby in railway stuff, and I can tell you one thing - it's the same there. When steam engines were replaced by diesel ones (which were very faulty in the beginning), everybody was crying "Scrap those ugly crappy diesels, we want our steamers back!" And guess what! Those design flaws were removed, and todays, those same hated diesels are considered some of the most reliable, successful and iconic vehicles on our rails. And when they are slowly getting replaced with more modern stuff, guess what the railfans are saying... :doh:

Personally I would like some target drones to practice against.

When you are flying the F-35, all other aircraft are your target drones! :thumbup:

Yes, but I live on the other side of Canuckistan :D

Not even close to Vancouver, but i'll start keeping a list for if we ever meet, say, in Duxford. :)

Oh, you might want to start saving some money. :D;)

Edit: I think GG is a canuck, no? :huh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Doesn't matter.

bOR38552MJA

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Haha, I was actually referring to all the "game mode" players that would roll over and explode on the airfield, but the original quote was lost in my post so what I said didn't make a lot of sense.

Nice plane on that gun...

OS764 P930@4 MBUD3R M6GB G5870 SSDX25 CAntec1200 HTMHW

Now that all the immature kids went drooling in beczl's thread instead of throwing shit at each other in this one, hopefully KI will spot our questions, which was the point of this thread to start with.

I asked before, but it got lost in all the #&$*%-#...

KI, what are the main obstacles your team has to overcome in terms of aircraft avionics and systems with respect to your new simulation platform?

Nice plane on that gun...

OS764 P930@4 MBUD3R M6GB G5870 SSDX25 CAntec1200 HTMHW

Now that all the immature kids went drooling in beczl's thread instead of throwing shit at each other in this one, hopefully KI will spot our questions, which was the point of this thread to start with.

I asked before, but it got lost in all the #&$*%-#...

KI, what are the main obstacles your team has to overcome in terms of aircraft avionics and systems with respect to your new simulation platform?

Good question.:thumbup:

Man I am only a 4 hour drive from Kinney Interactive. I wonder if K.I welcomes walk in's to check out his simpits... :thumbup:

You're crazy. I live <20 minutes from him and I don't even want to until we get more details lol

I've played a few of his sims (like the Aviation Challenge sim, Mach Combat at Midway Museum) and they're very much arcades.

Edited by neoshi

I've played a few of his sims (like the Aviation Challenge sim, Mach Combat at Midway Museum) and they're very much arcades.

Good to know.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Good to know.

KI would have made what their customers ordered. Their customers most likely wanted more arcade-like games as what's the point of getting a bunch of young kids in and then giving them the like of DCS A10C to fly. Games in museums and the like have to be simplified.

Wow, I don't understand all the negativity in this thread. Instead of being glad that another dev is joining our DCS family so we will have more toys (and hopefully also terrain) to choose from I see a lot of people just hating on this for no good reason - just a lot of speculations. And even Wags said that these guys know what they are doing (and his word has some weight around here). I'd say just wait for the product - if you like it - buy it. If you don't ... then don't ... simple as that.

From me - good luck to KI!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

KI would have made what their customers ordered. Their customers most likely wanted more arcade-like games as what's the point of getting a bunch of young kids in and then giving them the like of DCS A10C to fly. Games in museums and the like have to be simplified.

I am not the one putting them up as examples what my company can do. Just sayin'

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

No but you were clearly trying to link the fact that he was paid to produce arcade sims for museums with the idea that this means DCS F35 will also be arcade like. We're all best of just waiting to see what's produced in the end and making up our minds and ED needs more 3rd party developers to come on board to grow the DCS world. There's no risk to ED in all this or to the DCS franchise - if it's not up to snuff it won't be in the gameworld anytime you play it.