IMPORTANT MiG-21bis StarForce PATCH - APRIL 2017

Dolphin887

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You get 1 new activation a month

Small correction: That only happens when activations have run out, and they will only replenish back from 0 to 1, but will not add up to 2 or more activations. Basically, when a user has run out of activations, he will be able to activate the module once every month.

Before that happens, it makes sense to contact customer support and ask them for some additional activations. I've never needed to that, but from what I've heard the developers tend to grant such requests.

Activations on all modules were so often replenished that I don't have any module lower than 7 on them (I think). Also one per month means 12 per year... Considering originally they are 10 and they are suppose to keep you in shape for life... (considering you change the PC every 2 years or so)

We have to take into account that these protections try to protect the developer from something... having activations given for any silly mistake more often it will just invite to some sort of "sharing" of the license... something clearly not wanted in the first place for obvious reasons.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Bullshit

I'm sorry, I really love the MiG-21 module. But this crap about the god damn activation issues with your product is absolute bullshit. Why the hell do we have to thru something like this just to get this module working. I have never had any problem with any other module in terms och license and activation except with the MiG-21.

Which idiot on your team is responsible for this mess? I'm not gonna touch a product from Magnitude 3 LLC again. I'm very disappointed at how your are creating issues and then excepting you customers to fix it for you.

I really wanted to use much more colorful language but out of respect for this community I'm restraining my self.

• Like 3

@slundal

The drm protection changed for Mig21 in the current update. Reason for it is simple: hopefully no more troubles when doing something as trivial as updating the bios of your motherboard, or changing timings of your RAM in the future.

So yes, one final headache is here and one action from the user required. If you are willing, I would gladly help you, if you don't feel like searching for the answers in this thread or reading the pdf document instructions (which are pretty straightforward). The whole action takes less work than writing your or mine post here. I certainly would do it for anything I love or am passionate about.

• Like 1

Sent from my pComputer using Keyboard

So ive updated without seeing the notice and cant get the 21 working. Tried following section 4 but it wont even deactivate? What is the next step? Im getting pretty frustrated here......

V/R,

Ohgr

VCVW-11 "Vapor"

USN AE 2001-2015

Heatblur Tomcat Tester

So ive updated without seeing the notice and cant get the 21 working. Tried following section 4 but it wont even deactivate? What is the next step? Im getting pretty frustrated here......

As it states in section 4.

- Please clean the registry using provided “Mig-21_delete_activation_data.reg” file (double click,

confirm),

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Once you delete the registry entries, it has to be deactivated. There is no other possibility.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hi... I need a bit of clarification on fixing the Mig-21.. I havent flown DCS in a few months so yesterday I decided to get back into it. I ran both updates on the 1.5.6 and the 2.05 installs on my rig. I didnt know about this pre-cleaning process described prior. So obviously when I ran my 1.5.6 (and the 2.0.5) installs I received the errors on the Mig-21 install. I uninstalled the Mig21 from both of my versions. Then I saw the blurbs about running a Registry Cleaner file. So my question is , with the Mig completely uninstalled from both versions, do I have to now run this Registry cleaner file before I re-install the module or can I just re-install since I removed it??..

Thanks in advance

Mike

Yes. The registry entries do not get removed when you uninstall the module.

• 2 weeks later...

Try deactivating first if you can.

Go here:

\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\MIG-21BIS\bin

or here

\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Mods\aircraft\MIG-21bis\bin

and run the program called:

pcnsl.exe

it will start something like this:

lHc73uB.jpg

Select Activate or Deactivate and press NEXT

Probably Windows will ask for Administrative Confirmation... Say yes Run etc

Now the program will look like this:

aQvvj5f.jpg

Click the small word "Deactivate" that is underlined like a link!!

The program will look like this:

mXrArfB.jpg

Now press Deactivate!

If successful it will say how many activations and deactivations you have left.

Remember:

Do this only for one DCS World installation if you have more than one. No need to repeat for each!!

This only gives you back one activation. Nothing more. Is not a game breaker if it fails or you can't do it.

Also DON"T run other pcnsl.exe executables from other locations!!! They are for the other modules!! So don't deactivate wrong module!

After you sorted this part you can be sure of this:

Either you have successfully deactivated Mig21Bis and even if you have it installed it will not work because you don't have it activated

or

You fail to do that and you will lose an activation but you will continue to clean the install anyway.

Then.

To uninstall the module you need to go in DCS World 1.5 and 2.0 and IGNORE by clicking exit any prompt to reactivate Mig21 you just deactivated. Just click exit or the X of the window until it goes for good and the game will start.

Go to Module manager by clicking the icon on top left with squares

Find Mig21Bis and uninstall it by clicking the trash bin.

wAskyVV.jpg

Do this for all DCS World installations if you have more than one.

Now you have DCS World installations believing Mig21Bis is no installed anymore.

Now if you start the game it will not ask you anymore for activation but if you go to Module Manager it will prompt you to install it. Obviously you DON'T do this for now!!

Now with all DCS World closed go to

\DCS World\Mods\aircraft

and if you have

\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Mods\aircraft\

and if you have

\DCS World 2 OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\

and DELETE MIG-21BIS folder. Just delete it to Recycle Bin to be safe but delete it from all installs.

If you didn't found a MIG-21BIS folder then the un-installation worked completely at previous step.

Now you have:

1. Mig21Bis Deactivated

2. Mig21Bis uninstalled and deleted from your game and hard drives

Moving on.

Now run that reg file provided in first post iirc. Say Yes when Windows asks if you are sure blah blah.

After you ran it do a check by pressing Start Button and type (blindly... it will search) regedit

You will see one single programm suggested:

regedit

Start it by clicking on it. Windows will ask for Confirmation as an admin... Say YES.

Once started regedit make sure all folders/hives are closed and then just click to expand the ones indicated in the picture bellow:

PpWwOj2.jpg

If you still have informations inside if you click the containing folders/hives it means that probably your Deactivation either failed or succeeded but failed to remove the data from your Registry

Example of mine. I painted red what info I have because my Mig21 is activated but yours should be completely blank

yQo3dQj.jpg

So you need to clean up and delete the DCS:MiG-21 BiS folder/hive by right clicking it and selecting delete:

0WR1ALC.jpg

After you did this you can collapse back the hives so they are nw all closed and open the next ones like in the picture bellow:

At second click pick the first folder/hive with long name!

Or87mj0.jpg

You shouldn't have a Mig21Bis folder!! Just check.

If all done you can now close the Regedit program!

Now you have the following:

1. Mig21Bis Deactivated

3. You deleted any left over activation data (remember that activation is one for all DCS World Installations... Alpha, Beta, Release

Now you can restart the PC to be sure that the Registry are reloaded from scratch... Nothing should happen to your PC or DCS World if you followed correctly these instructions!

After you have restarted you need to do a DCS World CleanUP!

First make sure you uninstall all the mods you might have because clean-up does almost the same as repair but instead of looking for corrupted files it looks for files that are not suppose to be there!

Now find a shortcut on your desktop for DCS World and copy it on same place. Right click it... select copy... then right click the desktop and select paste. Voila!

Edit the name from DCS World - Copy to DCS World Cleanup

Right click it and select properties:

Now all you need to do is to add at the end of the first line cleanup like in the picture bellow... Don't change your path obviously... you have yours, I have mine, just ad cleanup at the end.

9A9KMen.jpg

Now press OK on the window and it will be saved.

Now you can start the cleanup by just double clicking that shortcut you edited.

Let it run.

At the end if it finds files that were not suppose to be in DCS World folder... it will ask you what to do with them.

Select the Backup option and you can find them for reviewing in one BACKUP001 folder inside your DCS World root folder.

Now!

If you have multiple DCS World Installs is best to this cleanup for all. So create similar shortcuts for Alpha and Beta if you have and execute them.

So now we have:

1. Mig21Bis Deactivated

3. You deleted any left over activation data (remember that activation is one for all DCS World Installations... Alpha, Beta, Release

4. DCS World Folder(s) clean up of any unwanted files that might mess up with DCS Mig21 Bis Activation

Now you can run the updater for all DCS World installs. One after the other and don't accept to install any DCS Mig21 if any of them prompts you.

It shouldn't ask for activation! NONE!

After you have updated DCS World installations make sure you don't have any temporary USB devices connected... bluetooth dongles, internet dongles, cameras with wireless, whatever. Also virtual machine software...

Now you can go to DCS World 1.5 and in module manager install DCS Mig21Bis

Restart DCS World and it will ask you to activate.

Activate!

All should work.

Now you can install DCS Mig21Bis on the rest of DCS World Installs.

END

I hope I didn't miss anything... I need to go to work now :) :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 4 weeks later...
Try deactivating first if you can.

Go here:

\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\MIG-21BIS\bin

or here

\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Mods\aircraft\MIG-21bis\bin

and run the program called:

pcnsl.exe

it will start something like this:

lHc73uB.jpg

Select Activate or Deactivate and press NEXT

Probably Windows will ask for Administrative Confirmation... Say yes Run etc

Now the program will look like this:

aQvvj5f.jpg

Click the small word "Deactivate" that is underlined like a link!!

The program will look like this:

mXrArfB.jpg

Now press Deactivate!

If successful it will say how many activations and deactivations you have left.

Remember:

Do this only for one DCS World installation if you have more than one. No need to repeat for each!!

This only gives you back one activation. Nothing more. Is not a game breaker if it fails or you can't do it.

Also DON"T run other pcnsl.exe executables from other locations!!! They are for the other modules!! So don't deactivate wrong module!

After you sorted this part you can be sure of this:

Either you have successfully deactivated Mig21Bis and even if you have it installed it will not work because you don't have it activated

or

You fail to do that and you will lose an activation but you will continue to clean the install anyway.

Then.

To uninstall the module you need to go in DCS World 1.5 and 2.0 and IGNORE by clicking exit any prompt to reactivate Mig21 you just deactivated. Just click exit or the X of the window until it goes for good and the game will start.

Go to Module manager by clicking the icon on top left with squares

Find Mig21Bis and uninstall it by clicking the trash bin.

wAskyVV.jpg

Do this for all DCS World installations if you have more than one.

Now you have DCS World installations believing Mig21Bis is no installed anymore.

Now if you start the game it will not ask you anymore for activation but if you go to Module Manager it will prompt you to install it. Obviously you DON'T do this for now!!

Now with all DCS World closed go to

\DCS World\Mods\aircraft

and if you have

\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Mods\aircraft\

and if you have

\DCS World 2 OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\

and DELETE MIG-21BIS folder. Just delete it to Recycle Bin to be safe but delete it from all installs.

If you didn't found a MIG-21BIS folder then the un-installation worked completely at previous step.

Now you have:

1. Mig21Bis Deactivated

Moving on.

Now run that reg file provided in first post iirc. Say Yes when Windows asks if you are sure blah blah.

After you ran it do a check by pressing Start Button and type (blindly... it will search) regedit

You will see one single programm suggested:

regedit

Start it by clicking on it. Windows will ask for Confirmation as an admin... Say YES.

Once started regedit make sure all folders/hives are closed and then just click to expand the ones indicated in the picture bellow:

PpWwOj2.jpg

If you still have informations inside if you click the containing folders/hives it means that probably your Deactivation either failed or succeeded but failed to remove the data from your Registry

Example of mine. I painted red what info I have because my Mig21 is activated but yours should be completely blank

yQo3dQj.jpg

So you need to clean up and delete the DCS:MiG-21 BiS folder/hive by right clicking it and selecting delete:

0WR1ALC.jpg

After you did this you can collapse back the hives so they are nw all closed and open the next ones like in the picture bellow:

At second click pick the first folder/hive with long name!

Or87mj0.jpg

You shouldn't have a Mig21Bis folder!! Just check.

If all done you can now close the Regedit program!

Now you have the following:

1. Mig21Bis Deactivated

Now you can restart the PC to be sure that the Registry are reloaded from scratch... Nothing should happen to your PC or DCS World if you followed correctly these instructions!

After you have restarted you need to do a DCS World CleanUP!

First make sure you uninstall all the mods you might have because clean-up does almost the same as repair but instead of looking for corrupted files it looks for files that are not suppose to be there!

Now find a shortcut on your desktop for DCS World and copy it on same place. Right click it... select copy... then right click the desktop and select paste. Voila!

Edit the name from DCS World - Copy to DCS World Cleanup

Right click it and select properties:

Now all you need to do is to add at the end of the first line cleanup like in the picture bellow... Don't change your path obviously... you have yours, I have mine, just ad cleanup at the end.

9A9KMen.jpg

Now press OK on the window and it will be saved.

Now you can start the cleanup by just double clicking that shortcut you edited.

Let it run.

At the end if it finds files that were not suppose to be in DCS World folder... it will ask you what to do with them.

Select the Backup option and you can find them for reviewing in one BACKUP001 folder inside your DCS World root folder.

Now!

If you have multiple DCS World Installs is best to this cleanup for all. So create similar shortcuts for Alpha and Beta if you have and execute them.

So now we have:

1. Mig21Bis Deactivated

4. DCS World Folder(s) clean up of any unwanted files that might mess up with DCS Mig21 Bis Activation

Now you can run the updater for all DCS World installs. One after the other and don't accept to install any DCS Mig21 if any of them prompts you.

It shouldn't ask for activation! NONE!

After you have updated DCS World installations make sure you don't have any temporary USB devices connected... bluetooth dongles, internet dongles, cameras with wireless, whatever. Also virtual machine software...

Now you can go to DCS World 1.5 and in module manager install DCS Mig21Bis

Restart DCS World and it will ask you to activate.

Activate!

All should work.

Now you can install DCS Mig21Bis on the rest of DCS World Installs.

END

I hope I didn't miss anything... I need to go to work now :) :thumbup:

After this great instruction given by zaelu everything is working beautiful.

Thanks lots bro

JB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel® Core™ i7-6850 CPU@3.60GHz @4.068

Asus ROG STRIX X99 GAMING ATX Motherboard

64 bit operation System- RAM 32.0 GB

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 WindForce OC 8GB

- Disk Drives KINGSTON SVP200S37A 1tb/WDC WD 10EZEX-00ZF5A0 - Samsung ssd 1tb 840 series.

- 3 Samsung 27"SyncMaster 3D Game monitors - Windows 8.1 Pro - TM Hotas Warthog-Trackir5 pro-Saitek Rudder Pedals-Cougar MFD.

C´mon. You have a complete guide just a post before.

• Like 1

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

C´mon.

Are you kidding right. Do you know how many times we hated the same problem with the activation key of this aircraft?

Lets think this gonna be the last one...

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lets think this gonna be the last one...

The MiG-21 activation has been problematic right from the start. Magnitude 3 have finally addressed the problem. So yeah, this should be the last time the module requires an activation outside of the parameters that are true for all modules.

• Like 1

No. Im not kidding.

Follow the guide and problem solved once and for all.

If you want. If you dont want we cant help you anymore.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

No. Im not kidding.

Follow the guide and problem solved once and for all.

If you want. If you dont want we cant help you anymore.

About the help guide to fix the problem. The tipps you posted before was useless for me. Thanks to user zaelu my Mig-21 came back to life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

im not understanding all of this,

i bought Mig21bis 2 days ago on the steam summer sales, its a succes activate in 1.5 but not in 2.1.1 ... should i do something with this or just wait?

It wont let me activate it in 2.1.1.

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10