Dummies Guide for the “MonitorSetup.lua“ - Page 9 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-13-2013, 02:50 PM   #81
Steve.Boyer

Reputation power: 0
Steve.Boyer is an unknown quantity at this point

Can somebody tell me right here, how to set up three screens. Please do not send a link to a download instuction that I can't even open up. I have had three screens for 4 years now and I still do not have them set up right. Please help!
Steve.Boyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:20 PM   #82
cichlidfan
Veteran

Reputation power: 118
cichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve.Boyer View Post
Can somebody tell me right here, how to set up three screens. Please do not send a link to a download instuction that I can't even open up. I have had three screens for 4 years now and I still do not have them set up right. Please help!
Are you saying that you cannot open the zipped pdf file at the beginning of this thread? That is the best source of info on this forum.
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
cichlidfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:45 PM   #83
Steve.Boyer

yes that is what I am saying! I am not good at this kind of thing, and if you could just copy that part and put it in here that would be great.

THANKS
Old 08-14-2013, 06:52 AM   #84
PeterP
Veteran

Reputation power: 98
PeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to behold

As a starter , please try this link and follow the info you get:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+open+a+zip

Once you have read the pdf and still have questions left:

Please give us all available info about your system - especially your GPU and if you are able to use eyefinity or surround and in which exact resolution .

The best thing would be that you attach simply a dxdiag.txt - as it will short-cut long-winded discussions ,
because this dxdiag.txt will contain every info of your system and people that want help you will have the whole picture and they can see what your system is capable without the need to bother you with cryptic questions at all.

And here is a general 'how to attach a file' (your dxdiag.txt) - the needed steps a very,very similar on this forum - you just have to look for the button called "Manage Attachments".

And in case that you got it figured all out your self and you got your triple head set-up running and we don't hear back from you:

Please watch this video to understand the relation of your Head-position relative to your screens and In-game FOV.

Last edited by PeterP; 08-14-2013 at 07:38 AM.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:22 AM   #85
Steve.Boyer

Thank you Peter for all you do for us. I will give it a try and let you know how I do. thank you.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:47 AM   #86
Steve.Boyer

Peter,thanks but I know how to make my screens work in the other games that I play,it is just DCS that I struggle with. I have a i7 pushing two titans.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:13 AM   #87
PeterP
Veteran

PeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Peter,thanks but I know how to make my screens work in the other games that I play,it is just DCS that I struggle with. I have a i7 pushing two titans.
..., so why don't you just give us the info I requested - so 'we' can teach you how to do it in DCS ?
- it really dosn't matter (to me) if you know how to do it in other games - the only thing that matters is what problems do you have in DCS. - and beside posting the requested info it would be also a good idea to start naming your problems more detailed instead just telling "it is just DCS that I struggle with" .

...so no one has to guess around and/or gets the feeling to be one of the protagonists of this video:

EDIT:

Please don't get me wrong - but I/we need some kind of 'starting point' to give you better assistance .
Help us to help you!

Up to now we know that you
-can't open a zip
-have had three screens for 4 years now and I still do not have them set up right
-have a i7 pushing two titans
-no problems in other games
-you struggle to get DCS working as you want.

Things that we don't know
-did you finally learned how to decompress zip and did you read the pdf
-what have you tried already , so we can rule out possible user errors
-how does the your 'problem' look/ what do you not understand.
-what do you expect to see on your monitors.
-how is you desktop arranged.
-which res did you set up in DCS
-did you tried to switch off SLI
- and many things more....

See, there a so much variables involved that can cause a failure - we need a better description of your problem or we will end up like the two blind guys in the video.

Last edited by PeterP; 08-14-2013 at 11:02 AM.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:25 PM   #88
Steve.Boyer

Up to now we know that you
-can't open a zip
-have had three screens for 4 years now and I still do not have them set up right
-have a i7 pushing two titans
-no problems in other games
-you struggle to get DCS working as you want.

Things that we don't know
-did you finally learned how to decompress zip and did you read the pdf
-what have you tried already , so we can rule out possible user errors
-how does the your 'problem' look/ what do you not understand.
-what do you expect to see on your monitors.
-how is you desktop arranged.
-which res did you set up in DCS
-did you tried to switch off SLI
- and many things more....

That is condescending and Iam sorry I asked................
Old 08-14-2013, 04:27 PM   #89
Steve.Boyer

I got it now I just needed to update my Adobe Reader thanks anyway.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #90
PeterP
Veteran

Reminder:

This is what you asked:

Quote:

Than I asked you to provide me/us with more info .
I was very precise about what I need and how to post it, so I or someone else is able to start helping you.

And after nothing useful came back in return, I even gave more explanation what kind of info from you is needed and why.
And I just listed what we know/don't know to give you a better idea what we have up to now to 'work' with - so yourself maybe realize that this is not enough to give you a 'instruction' like you have asked for.

And now this:

Quote:

That is condescending and Iam sorry I asked................

Are you really serious or do you just trying to waste my/someones time ?!

(this is a rhetorical question - no need to answer - just posted it to give you a insight about my feelings.)

Last edited by PeterP; 08-14-2013 at 04:37 PM.