Notices

Old 03-27-2013, 12:13 PM   #71
Congo_Toey

Reputation power: 9
Congo_Toey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
Sorry, no cake for you,
if the rendertarget is bigger as your Mainscreen/3D Vision arrangement.
And keep in mind that the lilliput 8" USB monitors will also add a extra burden on your system as they install a VirtualGPU that acts as 'man in the middle' between your GPU and the USB Bus.

Thanks Peter, thought as much, do you think this virtual GPU could be a reason why SoftTH does not work as well?

All seems fine in windowed mode, but trying to use softTH to increase gfx performance a bit, results in nothing being rendered in the lilliput 8" screens.
Congo_Toey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:01 PM   #72
PeterP
Veteran

Reputation power: 98
PeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to behold

Yes , this or you switched off the aero interface while DCS is running.

Some VirtualGPUs driver rely on special WDM driver functions to show DirectX contend, and this is only enabled when Aero is on.

Please make sure you use a aero theme on windows level, in DCS "disable aero" is uncheked and in SoftTH 'keepComposition=1".

If this fails, I'm out of guesses - I tried USB-Monitorts some time ago and was not satisfied at all.
Well, things can change when there are USB Monitors with USB3 support , but as long it is USB2 I wouldn't recommend it at all.
Cheaper and much less hassle is to us a normal VGA/DVI monitor with a second cheap GPU and you would have even more room for additional gauges/info.

Last edited by PeterP; 03-27-2013 at 02:12 PM.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:52 AM   #73
Congo_Toey

Congo_Toey is on a distinguished road

Thanks Peter, im pretty happy with USB monitors, i dont seems to get any issues with performance, even in windowed mode I am getting around 50fps. I will try the aero softth things that you suggested to see if I can get improvements. The main thing at the moment is I need to disable AA and HDR and close clutter. I dont really have room for a larger monitor as I have merged my driving and flying rigs together and there is a steering wheel in the way, LOL. As you can see here.

http://flic.kr/p/e6Fdis

Last edited by Congo_Toey; 03-28-2013 at 12:54 AM.
Congo_Toey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:13 AM   #74
sslechta

Reputation power: 5
sslechta will become famous soon enoughsslechta will become famous soon enough

Nice rig Congo.....

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 970 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision T5400 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 32 GIG Memory | Dual Intel Xeon 3.16 GHz Quad Core Processors | 24" Dell Monitor | http://virtual-aerobatics.com/forum | Virtual-Aerobatics.Teamspeak3.com
http://www.dawnslechta.com/steve/VA_Slick.jpg
sslechta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:26 AM   #75
Innerloop

Reputation power: 25
Innerloop is a glorious beacon of lightInnerloop is a glorious beacon of lightInnerloop is a glorious beacon of lightInnerloop is a glorious beacon of lightInnerloop is a glorious beacon of lightInnerloop is a glorious beacon of lightInnerloop is a glorious beacon of lightInnerloop is a glorious beacon of lightInnerloop is a glorious beacon of lightInnerloop is a glorious beacon of lightInnerloop is a glorious beacon of light

Ok I need some help over here. I have 2 monitors 1920x1080 and 1650x1050 res. I created a profile with Helios and tried to use the EMC with no luck. I read the guide but I can't for the love of God figure out how to do this properly.

Any help is appreciated.
Intel i7 6700k OC 4.6Ghz / Corsair H100i v2 / Gigabyte Z-170MX G1 Gaming / Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz / Corsair AX760 / Samsung SSD 950 Pro 512Gb (W10) / Intel SSD 240Gb / Gigabyte GTX-1080 G1 Gaming / Corsair 350D mATX / HOTAS Warthog, TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 4 / Logitech G110 Keyboard / Corsair Sabre RGB Laser Gaming Mouse / Razer Kraken Pro Headset / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor
Innerloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:00 PM   #76
GOAE

Reputation power: 0
GOAE is on a distinguished road

Registered this account just to warn people; this software (At least the latest update) is borderline malware.

Soon as it's launched it constantly spawns new browser tabs to the developer's paypal page, bringing your system to a grinding halt. You have to be a imbecile to make a program that launches your paypal link in a loop, do you honestly think people will donate if you lock up their system?
GOAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:31 AM   #77
PeterP
Veteran

PeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to behold

In a somewhat try to expand this "Dummies Guide for the “MonitorSetup.lua“ and make it 'complete'
I opened up another thread >>> Guide to the DCS View System (very early WIP)
Please read and give some input if you like.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:32 PM   #78
basset

basset is on a distinguished road

Dear PeterP

I have a Matrox Triple head - How do I set up so the opening screen on DCS world is centered as a window on middle screen, not across all 3 screens?

Cant find instructions on how to do this. It worked before, new patch reverted to old, across three screens style.
<u><font color=#0066cc>http://www.jg53.com/images/sigs/general/sig1.png</font></u>
basset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:40 PM   #79
PeterP
Veteran

...you missed to read some links in the pdf, (...why?) :

4. Link-list for known bugs and the workarounds

Triple-head/Multi-Monitor GUI and NVG Fix
– a “must read” for you

...and this comes handy too

>>

Fix: adding a custom resolution to in-game options.

Post #5...so you can start the launcher only in the middle screen - even if you set the sim to 'fullscreen'

read this TOO! >>> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.ph...57#post1799657

Last edited by PeterP; 06-28-2013 at 02:43 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:41 PM   #80
basset

basset is on a distinguished road

Great - Ill look now, Thanks for all your work PeterP - it is much appreciated!
<u><font color=#0066cc>http://www.jg53.com/images/sigs/general/sig1.png</font></u>
basset is offline   Reply With Quote