Dummies Guide for the “MonitorSetup.lua“ - Page 7 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-06-2013, 12:17 PM   #61
-Hammer-

Reputation power: 8
-Hammer- has a spectacular aura about-Hammer- has a spectacular aura about-Hammer- has a spectacular aura about-Hammer- has a spectacular aura about

These are really great news!!
Windows 10 | i5-4690K@4.4GHz | 2 x 1080Ti SLI | Intel Z97 Chipset | 32GB RAM@1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w. FSSB R3 Mod | Saitek Switch Panel + Radio Panel + Multi Panel + FIP + Flightpanels Software | MFG_Crosswind | TrackIR5 | TM Cougar MFD Pack | Obutto R3volution | 1 x Philips BDM4065UC, 39.5" + 1 x DELL 23" Touchscreen + Helios | GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT
-Hammer- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:56 PM   #62
sslechta

Reputation power: 5
sslechta will become famous soon enoughsslechta will become famous soon enough

Peter,

I just wanted to say thanks for providing the guide to configure monitors. I was able to set up my smaller, 2nd monitor with the left and right MFCDs!

You rock!

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 970 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision T5400 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 32 GIG Memory | Dual Intel Xeon 3.16 GHz Quad Core Processors | 24" Dell Monitor | http://virtual-aerobatics.com/forum | Virtual-Aerobatics.Teamspeak3.com
http://www.dawnslechta.com/steve/VA_Slick.jpg
sslechta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:58 PM   #63
XtremePsionic

Reputation power: 0
XtremePsionic is on a distinguished road

Hi, I would appreciate a bit of help

I tried to setup displays on the 4th monitor (extended desktop to the right of the triple screen eyefinity), I set the options.lua width to 7680, but then DCS crashes when I tried to load it up. Seems like any values over the actual eyefinity triple screen width crashes DCS. What did I do wrong?

Thanks!
XtremePsionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:43 AM   #64
PeterP
Veteran

Reputation power: 98
PeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to behold

Did you checked fullscreen "off" ?

PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:20 PM   #65
PeterP
Veteran

PeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to behold

...Well ... - if my guide is too much reading and thinking for you use simply this brilliant tool:
Easy Monitor Configurator

Last edited by PeterP; 02-19-2013 at 11:25 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:13 PM   #66
geneb

Reputation power: 7
geneb is on a distinguished road

This is one of those threads you read with your jaw hanging open and a look of disbelief on your face. You guys rock.

I'm very curious to see how this will work with FC3. My VSD has a 5" green monochrome VGA display in it that operates a 640x480.

I've got a Sapphire 7950 coming and I'm hoping to be able to run my VGA-only displays on the one analog port of the Sapphire and the two analogs on the NVidia GTX260 that's in the machine now..

Is there any news on whether or not the MPCD will be exportable? (and it just kills me that it's still GREEN. Hey Wags! It's a COLOR display! *laughs*)

Between this and the Display Cube, I just may get the F-15 done sooner than I expected. \o/

g.
geneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:44 PM   #67
Griffin-185th

Reputation power: 0
Griffin-185th is an unknown quantity at this point

Is this file hacked? I tried running it and got endless Paypal screens coming up. I've deleted the program and files.

www.185th.co.uk
Intel i7-4790K processor at 4.00GHz+
Windows 7, 64 bit
12GB Corsair RAM
Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970, 4096MB
24" IIyama screen at 1920x1200
15" Hansol H530 at 1024 x 768
Saitek X-55 Rhino stick and throttle
Saitek Combat rudder pedals
Logitech G13 pad
Thrustmaster MFDs
Griffin-185th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:54 PM   #68
cichlidfan
Veteran

Reputation power: 118
cichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to behold

That is a bug. It will only happen the first time you run it.

I thought there was a version with a fix but I won't swear to that.
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
cichlidfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:16 AM   #69
Congo_Toey

Reputation power: 9
Congo_Toey is on a distinguished road

I'm just asking in this thread on the off chance that one of you may know how to do this.

Basically, I have upgraded my triple screens to 3D Vision which is awesome, and I love it.

I thought I would go for a little more realism by adding the cougar MFD's and lilliput 8" USB screens for MFCD export in A-10C.

The problem is that I need to basically have a a single rendered surface where the sim renders the main view in one part of the surface and the MFD's in other parts of the surface, so basically it is a single render with multiple items in it. Therefore when exporting the MFD's, I can not use 3D Vision on the main triple screens.

I am wondering if there is a way within the sim to export the MFD data to be rendered on a different surface maybe through a different gfx card for example, or even to a different computer maybe?

Just wondering, as now I am trying to work out if I prefer 3D or exported MFD's, as I don't seem to be to do both, and of course I would like my cake and eat it.
Congo_Toey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:38 AM   #70
PeterP
Veteran

Sorry, no cake for you,
if the rendertarget is bigger as your Mainscreen/3D Vision arrangement.
And keep in mind that the lilliput 8" USB monitors will also add a extra burden on your system as they install a VirtualGPU that acts as 'man in the middle' between your GPU and the USB Bus.