Which Headset to buy?

I am having a great time with my SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless. Not the cheapest option but very happy with it. For wired I did use a BeyerDynamic MMX 300 before that, also pretty nice.

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

No complaints about my Corsair HS50, and more importantly; TrackIR clip-pro fits on it.

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

My Logitech G930 has lasted me about 4 years or so and never had any problems (other than the earmuff coatings peeling away. I think the sound quality is great along with the microphone

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Lot of headsets are poorly constructed and easily broken. I've had several Razers (Megalodon and Tiamat) some Logitech stuff, etc. All broke, drivers died, mics died SOMETHING.

Corsair Void is great, sturdy, runs like a champ, never had a single problem.

I bought a Siberia 800 by SteelSeries, but I'm getting rid of it because it does some BS where in quiet scenes it turns the volume off, probably some BS power conservation crap. All efforts to disable it have failed. So, I would NOT recommend that one, I ended up going back to my trusty Void.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Lot of headsets are poorly constructed and easily broken. I've had several Razers (Megalodon and Tiamat) some Logitech stuff, etc. All broke, drivers died, mics died SOMETHING.[snip]

Yep, I have a pair of Razer headphones with mic, all the faux leather vinyl broke up and flaked off everywhere, and the mic boom snapped at a join, before that happened the mic on/off switch became a source of flaky audio eventually resulting in no mic at all.

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

Yeah, Razer can eat a bag of ds, afaic. My Megalodon was awesome until the leftside drivers died. I contacted them and asked how much they wanted to repair it, and they told me I could send it in and they would give me 10% off on a new one or something. I was like... uh... use your imagination. I was like, so you want me to give you this one, so you can refurb it and sell it to some schmuck, and sell me another $200 headset?!

My Tiamat, the mic was always crap, and then eventually died. Still sounds good, though, it's in a box around here somewhere.

They're over rated and overpriced, imo.

My Logitech G35 (or whatever it was) the part where the ear pieces connected to the band was a thin piece of plastic held together with little tiny screws (for some bizarre reason that can't possibly be explained) that whole section literally disintegrated.

Turtlebeach suck, I've seen my brother go through probably a dozen of those damn things.

The Corsair is the first one I've ever own that didn't give me problems. That Siberia sounds amazing, and it is super comfortable... but the damn thing won't stay on!!! What the hell am I supposed to do with a headset that turns itself off?! WHO EVEN THOUGHT THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA??!!!! Ugh. I wanted that thing for literally years and wouldn't buy it because it was $300, I found one new for $150 and snapped it up... What a disappointment. Glad I didn't pay full price for it though!

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

oculus rift :)

great sound and a great mic :)

with added directional audio depending on how you move your head.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

Yeah, Razer can eat a bag of ds, afaic. My Megalodon was awesome until the leftside drivers died. I contacted them and asked how much they wanted to repair it, and they told me I could send it in and they would give me 10% off on a new one or something. I was like... uh... use your imagination. I was like, so you want me to give you this one, so you can refurb it and sell it to some schmuck, and sell me another $200 headset?!

My Tiamat, the mic was always crap, and then eventually died. Still sounds good, though, it's in a box around here somewhere.

They're over rated and overpriced, imo.

My Logitech G35 (or whatever it was) the part where the ear pieces connected to the band was a thin piece of plastic held together with little tiny screws (for some bizarre reason that can't possibly be explained) that whole section literally disintegrated.

Turtlebeach suck, I've seen my brother go through probably a dozen of those damn things.

The Corsair is the first one I've ever own that didn't give me problems. That Siberia sounds amazing, and it is super comfortable... but the damn thing won't stay on!!! What the hell am I supposed to do with a headset that turns itself off?! WHO EVEN THOUGHT THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA??!!!! Ugh. I wanted that thing for literally years and wouldn't buy it because it was $300, I found one new for $150 and snapped it up... What a disappointment. Glad I didn't pay full price for it though!

They must have listened to you lol because I've had my Kave XTDs for nearly 3 years and they have held up pretty good. There are a couple of places where the faux leather covering is peeling but not bad Sound amazing

Win 11 Professional, I7-12700K, 32GB DDR5, 3090, 2x 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe , 2x VKB Gunfighter mk III, MCG Ultimate, SCG, Orion 2 Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Pimax Crystal