_backup Folders

MrDieing

Im clearing some room for the upcoming Persian Gulf and F/A-18C and noticed some backup folders in my DCS folder. I know I did not create these manually (or I must have a real bad memory) and one of them contains the Nevada terrain, which is 13gb. I wondered if these folders are necessary for the sim to run? I am on the Open Beta branch by the way. Thanks in advance for your insights!

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Im clearing some room for the upcoming Persian Gulf and F/A-18C and noticed some backup folders in my DCS folder. I know I did not create these manually (or I must have a real bad memory) and one of them contains the Nevada terrain, which is 13gb. I wondered if these folders are necessary for the sim to run? I am on the Open Beta branch by the way. Thanks in advance for your insights!

I believe these backup folders get created when you do an update or repair. If you have a mod it will be taken out of the DCS folder and moved into a backup.001/002/003 folder.

These can be deleted or restored.