AAR Probe Removable?

Horns

Page 17 of the new manual states "Air to air refuelling capability is provided via a removable probe..." Do we have the option to remove the probe in DCS? If so, how do we do it?

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

No, the option isn't there.

However, users with air refueling capacity seem to always keep it on...

Thanks for confirming that JoJo. It makes sense that users wouldn't want to commit to not needing air to air refueling when they could otherwise provide it.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

I read that at one point there were more Mirage 2000s in the French airforce than probes but that seems to have not lasted.

Before the module released I thought it would be really cool to remove the probe and have the nice unbroken lines without the damn probe hanging off it but as I've flown it it's become part of the charm for me and I don't think I'd ever take it off.

I read that at one point there were more Mirage 2000s in the French airforce than probes but that seems to have not lasted.

Before the module released I thought it would be really cool to remove the probe and have the nice unbroken lines without the damn probe hanging off it but as I've flown it it's become part of the charm for me and I don't think I'd ever take it off.

I don't know where you read it, it was probably in the early days of the Mirage 2000C RDM.

But once the problem solved, there was no return: refuel probe on.

1984.jpg

Mirage 2000C RDM have a tail number up to 37 or below.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Aesthetics are the reason I wanted to remove it too, the rest of the a/c has a beautiful symmetry to it, but perhaps it will grow on me too :)

I don't know where you read it, it was probably in the early days of the Mirage 2000C RDM.

But once the problem solved, there was no return: refuel probe on.

1984.jpg

Mirage 2000C RDM have a tail number up to 37 or below.

Gotcha. So I guess it's removable in case there is some circumstance which might require that probe to be disconnected, but in the absence of that it's always on.

Thanks to both of you :thumbup:

Does anybody know the philosophy behind the fixed aar probes in French aircraft design? I mean the new Rafale also has a fixed probe, why?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!:thumbup: